Cowdenbeath v Montrose

It's been a long time since I've seen Montrose so dominant in a game. Played well in the first half and effectively killed the game with a couple of goals in the first 20 minutes. A couple of excellent saves in the first half prevented it being an absolute rout. Second half, Cowden came out of the blocks and started creating problems in part because they had 3 attackers up against our 3 defenders. The got a goal back and had a couple of other decent chances to equalise. Thankfully, SP changed it to a flat back 4 and that provided a bit of cover at the back. CJ then scored and restored the 2 goal cushion and we had a few good chances to properly kill the game off and improve our goal difference.

Man of the Match for me was Big Temps. His control for such a big guy is generally amazing and he is excellent and bringing other players into the game. He is probably the team's lynchpin at the moment. Callaghan had an off day, defence played well, Watson got stuck in and good to see Tezza score a couple.

Cowden are clearly a team lacking confidence and it's difficult to turn that around with young players but I hope they get a manager in who can turn the situation around and consign the mighty Clyde to bottom spot.

Diamonds as a pub was alright, the bar area is much the same as the Goth and the food was pretty good. All in all a good afternoon out in Cowdenbeath.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, endieinreekie said:

It's been a long time since I've seen Montrose so dominant in a game. Played well in the first half and effectively killed the game with a couple of goals in the first 20 minutes. A couple of excellent saves in the first half prevented it being an absolute rout. Second half, Cowden came out of the blocks and started creating problems in part because they had 3 attackers up against our 3 defenders. The got a goal back and had a couple of other decent chances to equalise. Thankfully, SP changed it to a flat back 4 and that provided a bit of cover at the back. CJ then scored and restored the 2 goal cushion and we had a few good chances to properly kill the game off and improve our goal difference.

Man of the Match for me was Big Temps. His control for such a big guy is generally amazing and he is excellent and bringing other players into the game. He is probably the team's lynchpin at the moment. Callaghan had an off day, defence played well, Watson got stuck in and good to see Tezza score a couple.

Cowden are clearly a team lacking confidence and it's difficult to turn that around with young players but I hope they get a manager in who can turn the situation around and consign the mighty Clyde to bottom spot.

Diamonds as a pub was alright, the bar area is much the same as the Goth and the food was pretty good. All in all a good afternoon out in Cowdenbeath.

When Iain Campbell can stroll about unchallenged, not even breaking sweat and CJ can score against you, something is far wrong.

The last few games against Montrose, Templeman has bossed our defenders, looks a different player since he left Forfar.

I thought Montrose looked really solid, but everyone we've played at CP this season has looked good!

When Iain Campbell can stroll about unchallenged, not even breaking sweat and CJ can score against you, something is far wrong.
The last few games against Montrose, Templeman has bossed our defenders, looks a different player since he left Forfar.
I thought Montrose looked really solid, but everyone we've played at CP this season has looked good!

Yano has been solid at the back along with dillion ,he is turning out to be a great piece of bussiness especially on a two year contract.Everyone is playing well right now even your man cj all done to a management team that believes in the players stewart petrie has been a great bit of bussiness since he has came here.

Archived