Cowdenbeath v Montrose

This could be a tough game. We're not scoring many goals at the moment but thankfully not conceding many either. I'm probably going to head along to this. Is the New Goth still in existence? Anywhere decent to get some lunch and a couple of drinks prior to the match?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, endieinreekie said:

This could be a tough game. We're not scoring many goals at the moment but thankfully not conceding many either. I'm probably going to head along to this. Is the New Goth still in existence? Anywhere decent to get some lunch and a couple of drinks prior to the match?

I've not been in ages but The New Goth had a big renovation done a couple of years ago and is now in the 21st century.  

38 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

I've not been in ages but The New Goth had a big renovation done a couple of years ago and is now in the 21st century.  

Whit?? The Goth has been renovated? 21st century?? That puts it a couple of centuries ahead of the rest of Cowdenbeath then!!! Only joking. I always liked the Goth, nothing fancy but a decent boozer selling drink at decent prices. Any recommendations for pre-match food?

3 minutes ago, endieinreekie said:

Whit?? The Goth has been renovated? 21st century?? That puts it a couple of centuries ahead of the rest of Cowdenbeath then!!! Only joking. I always liked the Goth, nothing fancy but a decent boozer selling drink at decent prices. Any recommendations for pre-match food?

Not too sure - if I go for food before the game I go to my Grans :lol:  

Wee Jimmies I presume is still the best place for food?

The Goth is now called Diamonds Bar and Grill. So food now available there.

3 hours ago, endieinreekie said:

It’s called diamonds and food is decent

dunvegan or wee jimmies other options

or Shimla palace

And so to the game itself. Cowden need a win, even a goal to start with. Whatever happens I sincerely hope Cowden perk up a bit and that they don't finish 10th again (so long as it's not us instead!). Montrose will be, or should be up for this one having closed the gap to the Binos to only 2 points and with others bunching up behind. Johnston and Callaghan back at Central Park and both really on song just now. Mo aren't scoring many but just enough to get by and do have the players to score more provided the midfield get up in support. 

I suspect a single goal might just win it. 

3 hours ago, MOFOREVER said:

And so to the game itself. Cowden need a win, even a goal to start with. Whatever happens I sincerely hope Cowden perk up a bit and that they don't finish 10th again (so long as it's not us instead!). Montrose will be, or should be up for this one having closed the gap to the Binos to only 2 points and with others bunching up behind. Johnston and Callaghan back at Central Park and both really on song just now. Mo aren't scoring many but just enough to get by and do have the players to score more provided the midfield get up in support. 

I suspect a single goal might just win it. 

The game itself?

you won’t get any chat about that pal. 

If I was to get in to Cowdenbeath a bit earlier, is there anything worth doing/seeing? Is there a museum of the local mining works, for example, or a nice walk or an art gallery? Sorry, pushing it with the art gallery, but what is there to do in Cowdenbeath?

49 minutes ago, endieinreekie said:

If I was to get in to Cowdenbeath a bit earlier, is there anything worth doing/seeing? Is there a museum of the local mining works, for example, or a nice walk or an art gallery? Sorry, pushing it with the art gallery, but what is there to do in Cowdenbeath?

There's a statue of Jim Baxter in Hill of Beath just down the road. If you don't like Rangers then Scott Brown the Celtic player went to school in Hill of Beath, no statue though.

4 hours ago, endieinreekie said:

I've just taken a look at Tripadvisor for Cowdenbeath.  2 of the top 5 are Central Park and the others are pubs/cafes.

Enjoy the pub!

First of all huge [emoji50] [emoji50] [emoji50]
Biggest Mo support I’ve seen at CP since starting watching us in 1984
Looked like good 100 plus - more than a links park support
Into game - more bad defending
We had a few chances but mcGurn also kept us in it 1st half
Sad times

Archived