Cowdenbeath v Montrose

1 minute ago, vince sinclair said:

As a said - more than Home support
Ps to think some cowden fans didn’t rate Iain Campbell!!!!
Wud easily walk into our team

To be fair to Cowden fans Yano was out of his depth in the Championship good League 2 player though and  the sort of guy we need now.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To be fair to Cowden fans Yano was out of his depth in the Championship good League 2 player though and  the sort of guy we need now.

Absolutely this. He was utterly hopeless in the Championship and only at us as a favour because he had been a fanny. Would happily have him now.

Maybe if we end up in the East of Scotland league we'll think the same about Shaun Rutherford.

13 minutes ago, vince sinclair said:

As a said - more than Home support
Ps to think some cowden fans didn’t rate Iain Campbell!!!!
Wud easily walk into our team

Even CJ would walk back into our current team! 

Campbell decent at this level and was just out of his depth in the championship. 

14 minutes ago, Cowden316 said:

Even CJ would walk back into our current team! 

Campbell decent at this level and was just out of his depth in the championship. 

CJ has hit a decent wee bit of form in the goal scoring stakes 5 goals in the last 4 games, maybe just needed a few goals to boost his confidence.

Absolutely this. He was utterly hopeless in the Championship and only at us as a favour because he had been a fanny. Would happily have him now.

Maybe if we end up in the East of Scotland league we'll think the same about Shaun Rutherford.

Or not

CJ has hit a decent wee bit of form in the goal scoring stakes 5 goals in the last 4 games, maybe just needed a few goals to boost his confidence.

I honestly think about our young fowards. I would love to see what a run in the team and a goal could do for connolly or muirhead for that matter.

CJ actually had the beat touch I ever saw from him today and looked much more of a threat than he ever showed at CP. Good luck to him. And his burd.

Just now, wulliemc said:

I honestly think about our young fowards. I would love to see what a run in the team and a goal could do for connolly or muirhead for that matter.

CJ actually had the beat touch I ever saw from him today and looked much more of a threat than he ever showed at CP. Good luck to him. And his burd.

As I said Wullie maybe a confidence thing he scored lots of goals at 19s and reserves for us but never done it in the first team, although he was stuck on the bench a lot, he's been getting more starts with the Mo and has now gone on a wee run of scoring.

Fair play to Stewart Petrie, he has turned CJ into a football player.

2 goals in 4 years for us and 5 goals in 4 games for Montrose. When at Cowden, the only  thing he could hit with any accuracy was his girlfriends face.

should be a stick on to get in the Saughton team now after his trial.

3 minutes ago, mo83 said:

Good win again today for the mo.Cowden seem to be a bit like us a few season back.Big appointment needed for the cowden faithful...

A fair point which I actually said to someone today this time last year when we beat you 2-0 under Heggarty you were like what we are now. Enter a decent manager and your now 2nd in the league.

A fair point which I actually said to someone today this time last year when we beat you 2-0 under Heggarty you were like what we are now. Enter a decent manager and your now 2nd in the league.

Very true new manager with new ideas and hey presto!Not sure what route to go down...player manager possibly.

Mo deserved the win I think no dispute about that but Cowden have some useful players too but look to be relying on youngsters (that's what it looked like anyway) and are crying out for more experience. Unless that happens they are unlikely to win many games and will be in trouble again. Not meant to be nasty but that's just how it appeared to me today.

Mo will enjoy the points and there were both pluses and negatives today I thought. The pluses were firstly scoring more than once but better than that they had two midfield players getting up in support and winning the second ball. Masson did just that and scored twice from second balls. Not rocket science, just commonsense. Callaghan didn't have one of his better games and CJ can also do better but is clearly enjoying playing in a winning team.

The negative for me, and OK I'm being fussy, but at 2-0 by half time it could easily gone on to be a 4 or 5-0 game and our goal difference needed that. Instead we took our foot off the gas and let Cowden come more into it. Criminal to do that. Credit to Cowden they took their chance, scored and if Mo hadn't hit almost straight back it would have been a needless nail biter.

Anyway happy with the win and I hope Cowden can bring in a new gaffer to turn it around.

4 minutes ago, MOFOREVER said:

Mo deserved the win I think no dispute about that but Cowden have some useful players too but look to be relying on youngsters (that's what it looked like anyway) and are crying out for more experience. Unless that happens they are unlikely to win many games and will be in trouble again. Not meant to be nasty but that's just how it appeared to me today.

Mo will enjoy the points and there were both pluses and negatives today I thought. The pluses were firstly scoring more than once but better than that they had two midfield players getting up in support and winning the second ball. Masson did just that and scored twice from second balls. Not rocket science, just commonsense. Callaghan didn't have one of his better games and CJ can also do better but is clearly enjoying playing in a winning team.

The negative for me, and OK I'm being fussy, but at 2-0 by half time it could easily gone on to be a 4 or 5-0 game and our goal difference needed that. Instead we took our foot off the gas and let Cowden come more into it. Criminal to do that. Credit to Cowden they took their chance, scored and if Mo hadn't hit almost straight back it would have been a needless nail biter.

Anyway happy with the win and I hope Cowden can bring in a new gaffer to turn it around.

Montrose are really solid and our defenders still struggle with Templeman who is a real pest.

They also have something we don't have, two very good full backs. We don't have any.

The score flattered us.

57 minutes ago, MOFOREVER said:

Mo could have been 4 up at the break if not for 2 good saves by McGurn. As I mentioned earlier we had a few good chances to level just after the goal and Mo seemed a wee bit rattled by that but eventually saw the game out with the 3rd goal as you say if it had stayed at 2-1 going into the closing stages it could have been a nervy time.

Your right our side is very young with the oldest outfielder being Kyle Miller at 25 , Davie McGurn is old enough to be most of the teams dad. The new manager has to get a few experienced guys in.

We were poorly set up yesterday. Yes, it was a more attacking team but we don't have the midfield players to play 4-3-3 so Montrose just walked right through us. The visitors were playing three at the back but they were never troubled by our three because we kept punting it long which is bread and butter for Dillon. Apart from that brief flurry at the beginning of the second half, we rarely threatened. When we took Rutherford (who is gash) off to go three at the back, the rest of the defence didn't shuffle over so we just had a massive hole down the left hand side...although you could argue having Rutherford there is a hole itself.

Last week we played two up top and were the better team so why go all kamikaze? Had it not been for McGurn, it could have been an absolute doing.

Fair play to Montrose though, Petrie has completely transformed them and Callaghan and CJ look like decent League 2 players which they never at Central Park.

4 minutes ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

We were poorly set up yesterday. Yes, it was a more attacking team but we don't have the midfield players to play 4-3-3 so Montrose just walked right through us. The visitors were playing three at the back but they were never troubled by our three because we kept punting it long which is bread and butter for Dillon. Apart from that brief flurry at the beginning of the second half, we rarely threatened. When we took Rutherford (who is gash) off to go three at the back, the rest of the defence didn't shuffle over so we just had a massive hole down the left hand side...although you could argue having Rutherford there is a hole itself.

Last week we played two up top and were the better team so why go all kamikaze? Had it not been for McGurn, it could have been an absolute doing.

Fair play to Montrose though, Petrie has completely transformed them and Callaghan and CJ look like decent League 2 players which they never at Central Park.

I thought we changed it too much from down at Berwick the previous week.

3 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

I thought we changed it too much from down at Berwick the previous week.

And some of the changes didn't make sense. Mullen started his career as a right back (not a very good one) so why wasn't he played at right back and Ali Smith (a central midfielder) played in midfield?

Archived