Elgin City v Peterhead

Abject display from the referee  - but make no mistake that didn't change the result.  Very poor from Elgin apart from 20 minutes or so at the start of the second half.

Individual errors for both goals.  Disappointing as it's the same players who keep doing it..

..and with zero shots on target you aren't going to win games.

Same players who keep doing it but I'm afraid there are no other options. Peterhead are the best team in the League but without McAlister they would be at our level. If we had him we would be at the top end. They have what we are missing, a big goal scorer who the other players can also play off of.

Guest TOPFITTER
1 hour ago, Am Muilleach said:

Abject display from the referee  - but make no mistake that didn't change the result.  Very poor from Elgin apart from 20 minutes or so at the start of the second half.

Individual errors for both goals.  Disappointing as it's the same players who keep doing it..

..and with zero shots on target you aren't going to win games.

Pretty concise synopsis there I can't disagree. Just lucky the ref didn't end up allowing someone to get seriously hurt due to his incompetence and fear to offend the home support on the covered terrace. Elgin are not the worst I have seen in this division this season but like Clyde are susceptible to fold like a house of cards when they lose the ascendancy that coupled to the most winging, play-acting and non-scoring No9 find it hard to believe they got their Gaffer Manager Of The Month.

Peterhead seem to be transformed into a team with guts and determination and drive compared to the Flaky Billy Big Times of earlier in the season, their biggest weak point is an at times suspect defence, but when you're getting clean sheets with a suspect defence then things are going the correct way. Gibson, MacCallister, Ferry, Riley, J Brown and Fleming should be a spine with creativity that could well see them challenge, Stirling, Steeny and Montrose.

11 minutes ago, TOPFITTER said:

the most whinging, play-acting and non-scoring No9

Apart from the last bit that sums up Peterhead's No9 quite well also..  but the scoring is the part that counts.

Chris McLeish does take a hell of a battering in every game, and I think yesterday was the first time I've seen him go down easily - but only on a couple of occasions.  

Peterhead seem much better coached on that aspect of the game.

Need to get off your blue tinted specs there mate. I think your delusional if you think your team are any great shakes without No 9. Some good players on paper but from what I have seen this season they ain't producing. If McAlister stays fit and interested you will win league as there are no outstanding teams but should be a lot better with resources at your disposal.

Gibson, MacCallister, Ferry, Riley, J Brown and Fleming should be a spine with creativity that could well see them challenge, Stirling, Steeny and Montrose.

Jordan Brown is hopeless, apart from chipping in with a goal or two he contributes nothing, especially defensively. Unless you mean Jason Brown who is decent. Riley and Ferry can both be hit and miss, but agree that McAllister, Fleming and Gibson should be the difference for us if we achieve anything this season.

Cooper and Bronsky are injured so Dodd being a wing back was obvious fill in there imo. Thought he did in the main ok. In the long term may have a future there as opposed to a winger where he is clearly not good enough for a team hoping to be at the top end of this league.

Archived