Arthurlie pull a fly one

lobey dosser

FACT 16 players to choose from ! FACT it has cost Arthurlie a lot of money FACT it was pissing down in the Barrhead area FACT dose anyone really believe Arthurlie would cancel this game .. really [emoji23]

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still had a bit of rain. Totally dependent on the overnight weather i would think . Park doesn't deal with heavy rain very well.

If it is on and your guys are looking for a pint before the game there are 2 pubs within 2 minutes stroll from the ground.   The Fereneze is at the players entrance side and the Brig Inn is at the turnstile end.   My choice would be the Brig, a great wee pub and very welcoming.  There is also the Arthurlie Club but that is a 10 minute walk from the park.  In addition there is a small club inside the ground where you can get cans of beer or spirits but it may not be open when you arrive.  

Hopefully the game is on and you enjoy your day regardless of the result.

9 minutes ago, Satori. said:

Still had a bit of rain. Totally dependent on the overnight weather i would think . Park doesn't deal with heavy rain very well.

If it is on and your guys are looking for a pint before the game there are 2 pubs within 2 minutes stroll from the ground.   The Fereneze is at the players entrance side and the Brig Inn is at the turnstile end.   My choice would be the Brig, a great wee pub and very welcoming.  There is also the Arthurlie Club but that is a 10 minute walk from the park.  In addition there is a small club inside the ground where you can get cans of beer or spirits but it may not be open when you arrive.  

Hopefully the game is on and you enjoy your day regardless of the result.

Thanks mate....best of luck tomorrow :thumsup2

31 minutes ago, Hong Kong Phooey said:

Haha. Go easy on us. We are a “pub team” after all. :P

To be fair , im expecting a really hard game.  I dont think i have ever seen an Arthurlie team so low on confidence.   Now is the time to play us , there is no doubt about it.  It wont be a real surprise if we are beaten.

Fair comment. 2 outstanding players on the field today.   Mark McKenzie for Arthurlie and The Gows number 10.    First half the Gow were well worth their 3-1 lead although Arthurlies defending was schoolboy at best.  When Arthurlie got back to 3-2. Gows resolve and fitness seemed to go.  3-3  there was only one winner and a sublime finish from Spence sealed it.  

Some really decent players in the Lesmahagow side who could play at a higher level while Arthurlie have a few who will struggle at Superleague level but showed tremendous fight to come back from 2 goals down.   Over the piece a great tie and not a lot between the teams. Possibly fitness and a wee bit of class eventually saw the Lie come through a very tough tie.  

Best of luck to the Gow for the rest of the season.  

Archived