Arthurlie pull a fly one

lobey dosser

Arthurlie have shown total contempt for The Gow players supporters and officials by calling today’s game off because of “puddles” - nothing of course to do with the fact they have a few key players on holiday, working or injured (Arthurlie supporters words last week)

The SJFA should send somebody up for a second inspection and if they are at it fling them out.

I hope they get pumped next week. Arseholes.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arthurlie have shown total contempt for The Gow players supporters and officials by calling today’s game off because of “puddles” - nothing of course to do with the fact they have a few key players on holiday, working or injured (Arthurlie supporters words last week)
The SJFA should send somebody up for a second inspection and if they are at it fling them out.

[emoji23][emoji23] raging mate

1 minute ago, energyzone said:

The pitch was in a terrible state a few weeks ago against Kilwinning so I'm not surprised it has finally succumbed.

Very few grass pitches can take the amount of rain that has fallen in the west in the last ten weeks

7 minutes ago, sweep said:

Very few grass pitches can take the amount of rain that has fallen in the west in the last ten weeks

True - we've hit that time of the year when there will be at least some games off on grass most weeks...I'll be (pleasantly) shocked if we make it through our current five-home-games-in-a-row we've been handed unscathed for example.

I'm assuming the game at Dunterlie was pulled after a referee's inspection this morning and not merely on Arturlie's say-so - if that's the case it's all above board - obviously disappointing, but end of story really.

53 minutes ago, lobey dosser said:

So who made the first inspection?

Just now, cmontheloknow said:

Can teams call off a game for a pitch-related issue without an inspection anyway?

AFAIK if it's patently obvious the game will be off - heavy snow on the park, ten degrees of frost, actual flooding and so on - there's no need to request an inspection. If it's any kind of judgement call, an inspection's required.

Just now, Hillonearth said:

AFAIK if it's patently obvious the game will be off - heavy snow on the park, ten degrees of frost, actual flooding and so on - there's no need to request an inspection. If it's any kind of judgement call, an inspection's required.

Was just thinking, plenty of times a ref has come out to a certain off though. Frost particularly.

A number of games have succumbed to the weather.  I just passed the park and its sodden. No way could the game have been played.  It absolutely battered down here last night.  Dunterlie unfortunately suffers  in the bad weather as 2 previous posters have already pointed out.   Absolutely nothing the club can do if the referee puts the game off at the morning inspection.  

Just now, cmontheloknow said:

Was just thinking, plenty of times a ref has come out to a certain off though. Frost particularly.

With lightish frost,  there's always the chance it may thaw in time for kickoff, so again a judgement call and an inspection required. I was meaning -10 overnight  and a frozen solid pitch that wouldn't have a chance.

We had a similar case last season the first time we tried to play Linlithgow in the cup - match ref called it off early morning due to one area being too soft. We had one guy on here that just couldn't get his head around the fact the REF had pulled the game, and was insisting the Rose sent committee men over to do their own inspection :1eye

Predictably after coming close to passing the inspection the first time of asking  it then hosed down the next couple of Thursdays and Fridays and it subsequently took us a month to get the thing played.

A scandalous statement considering a referee called the game off. Maybe you should engage your brain before making factual statements on a public forum. Also think whoever runs the Gow twitter should take a good look at themselves and I wonder if the SJFA might be wanting a word.

A scandalous statement considering a referee called the game off. Maybe you should engage your brain before making factual statements on a public forum. Also think whoever runs the Gow twitter should take a good look at themselves and I wonder if the SJFA might be wanting a word.

I think the gow guys should be on apologising here ............

23 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

Maybe if the original statement from Arthurlie had been worded slightly better then this situation might not have arisen.

Archived