Super Ayr vs Lewis Vaughan

The grounds would be empty if we all took the opposite approach, it's the hope and expectation that keep most of us diddy fans going to games, if I always thought I'll be happy scraping a draw I'd just stay in and watch River City.

You watch River City? England v Brazil is on if, like me, you're not going.

I'm not holding out much hope for this one. We seem to be struggling with form at the moment. Hopefully that changes sometime soon.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

You watch River City? England v Brazil is on if, like me, you're not going.

I'm not holding out much hope for this one. We seem to be struggling with form at the moment. Hopefully that changes sometime soon.

I'd rather watch River City than a kickabout.

Definitely.

Not that I'm against Fergusson, I just think he is similar to Valencia at Man U in that he has the ability to go past someone and put in a decent ball but almost always chooses to cut back inside and go back/sideways. Whereas I think Geggan will take a man on and swing in a ball but Fergusson is maybe too worried about making a mistake and being caught out.

Fwiw I think Fergusson if he had the confidence to take the man on more often would be a better RB than Geggan

2 minutes ago, ShortSideCity said:

Not that I'm against Fergusson, I just think he is similar to Valencia at Man U in that he has the ability to go past someone and put in a decent ball but almost always chooses to cut back inside and go back/sideways. Whereas I think Geggan will take a man on and swing in a ball but Fergusson is maybe too worried about making a mistake and being caught out.

Fwiw I think Fergusson if he had the confidence to take the man on more often would be a better RB than Geggan

I hope to f**k we're not signing him, we've got enough cover.

3 hours ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

Any kind individual recommend anywhere to eat near Ayr Station? Nothing fancy, just somewhere to get a beer and a burger etc.?

Also - is there an off license or shop anywhere near Newton-on-Ayr station to grab a can for the train back to Central? (thanks in advance!)

Meridian 

2 hours ago, mugen_power said:

you'd be lucky without a reservation though!

There's plenty about at the top of the town, Tam O'Shanter in the High Street is decent or even try the West Kirk in the Sandgate (it's a Wetherspoons), although they both are slightly out of the way for walking to Somerset

Don't think the wee shop across from the Newton station on Tams Brig sells booze, fairly sure it's just a newsagents and it would be shut after the game anyway

Are you rushing to get the train? Cos the booze shops I can think of are all a fair walk away from the station!

I'd be making a reservation and planking a carryout for the road home,@home might even allow them to pick their carryout up on the way home, don't ask you don't get..

Any kind individual recommend anywhere to eat near Ayr Station? Nothing fancy, just somewhere to get a beer and a burger etc.?
Also - is there an off license or shop anywhere near Newton-on-Ayr station to grab a can for the train back to Central? (thanks in advance!)

Brooklyn Cafe is exactly what you're wanting.

Any kind individual recommend anywhere to eat near Ayr Station? Nothing fancy, just somewhere to get a beer and a burger etc.? Also - is there an off license or shop anywhere near Newton-on-Ayr station to grab a can for the train back to Central? (thanks in advance!) 

The Tesco Express is open till 11, you'll see it on your way to Newton station if you walk down by the bowling club, on the main road beside the petrol station 

8 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

The Tesco Express is open till 11, you'll see it on your way to Newton station, on the main road.

He'll have about 10 minutes to get Newton after the game if he's getting the next train.

35 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

He could leave early. Can't see Raith getting five goals in the last ten minutes.

I'm saying nothing in case they feel like going to @home and need a local to converse with the staff.

5 hours ago, ShortSideCity said:

I think Fergusson's delivery into the box is excellent, especially to the back post but fair point he isn't quite comfortable going on a run yet it seems. 

Archived