Dunfermline vs Dumbarton 25/11/17

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was a post on dotnet (I know, I know) saying that Andy Ryan took a week knock in training and might miss out. To be honest, I thought before Tuesday that he was too similar to Clark for the two of them to work as a pairing but for the first 25 minutes or so they seemed to really click. In the second half though, it was as I'd thought - both making the same run to the same area, not working well together and barely creating any chances. Not sure they're going to work brilliantly. Think McManus and Clark will be the front 2 tomorrow. As to whether Higginbotham comes back in, who knows? I think he will but I'd keep him on the bench tbh.

50 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

There was a post on dotnet (I know, I know) saying that Andy Ryan took a week knock in training and might miss out. To be honest, I thought before Tuesday that he was too similar to Clark for the two of them to work as a pairing but for the first 25 minutes or so they seemed to really click. In the second half though, it was as I'd thought - both making the same run to the same area, not working well together and barely creating any chances. Not sure they're going to work brilliantly. Think McManus and Clark will be the front 2 tomorrow. As to whether Higginbotham comes back in, who knows? I think he will but I'd keep him on the bench tbh.

If Higgy is fit, then he has to start IMO

I actually thought Clark and Ryan linked well on Tuesday considering it's the first game they've played together. All I've heard about Ryan is that he's a penalty box striker but he actually seemed to have a lot more to his game than that I felt. Pretty criminal that that's the first full ninety minutes we've had the chance to see him in tbh.

On 11/24/2017 at 12:48, All-Star-Par said:

Remember the dark days of administration when with all the things that hit our club i.e losing players or having a massive points deduction put on us which ultimately resulted in our relegation, the hardest thing of all was Karen Masterton bumping Stephens and attempting to do our own bridies all season. Fucking sickening. 

It was 15 points, and we still could have saved ourselves from relegation, but some top drawer bed shitting resulted in us going down.

Agree about the lack of Stephen's stuff though. Dark, dark times.

Anyway, I see across social media (including here) that there are concerns about the game. It's like folk haven't been watching for years and realise that we've hardly had any games called off for a wee bit of frost. Games have been on in utterly dreadful conditions, so there was no doubt that today's game would be on.

26 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Yeah, all we needed to do was not throw away a 3-1 lead at Firhill or beat an already relegated Airdrie side at EEP. We thoroughly deserved our relegation and subsequent time in the seaside league.

Or lose to Alloa in the playoff final.

2 minutes ago, optimistic said:

Ffs Stevie Aitken, against a team like Dunfermline,,we need pace, yet you drop Roy........again. Really???

It's probably less to do with Roy dropping out than who is replacing him. Morrison just isn't anywhere near good enough and unless he has a bigger turnaround than Thommo did last season he should simple be warming the bench if we have most of the squad available. 

26 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

So Callum Gallagher keeps his place with Roy dropping out for none other than Greg Morrison. Odd.

On the bench we have Roy, Nade and Froxy who are easily better options than 2 of the starters. Odd.

Trult truly baffling.Unless hes saving for QOS game which is possible to take a point from.Nae chance at EEP no matter who is playing

Archived