Peterhead v Dumbarton

aftershocker

11 minutes ago, peternapper said:

Was not right sure but a few seasons back we were due to play Annan in the league on the Saturday they either had a cup replay or tie that was played on the Saturday with our league game moved to a Tuesday night remember arguing at the time that surely a scheduled league game should have priority but was told this was not the case.

First three rounds are allowed two attempts on a Saturday but doesnt apply at this stage onwards.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

First three rounds are allowed two attempts on a Saturday but doesnt apply at this stage onwards.

Fair enough, remember it divide opinion on here whether the league or cup match should take priority but the powers that be had cup matches first.

I guess the good news for both teams is that with Morton the next fixture it could be a (slim?) chance for either to get a decent run in the cup. I can't seem to remember us ever having a decent SC run, always seems to be the other 2 we do well in.

So tomorrow night the game will go on. Despite two professional teams meeting in a so called spectator sport there will be almost no Dumbarton supporters and a reduced amount of Peterhead supporters because the game is being played midweek in January.If there is a logic to this perhaps someone could explain it.

So tomorrow night the game will go on. Despite two professional teams meeting in a so called spectator sport there will be almost no Dumbarton supporters and a reduced amount of Peterhead supporters because the game is being played midweek in January.If there is a logic to this perhaps someone could explain it.

The logic is that every weekend for the foreseeable future ourselves and Peterhead have games scehduled? Bear in mind this fixture has to be played in advance of the next round which is less than a month away.

I'm not entirely sure what alternative there is tbh.

Nothing but admiration for any central based Sons heading up to this tonight. I killed a few minutes on the way to work trying to work out how long it would take me, and I reckon I'd have to leave at 1500 and would get in about 0215.

Having done a 0800 til 2200 for Inverness a month ago I'm seriously glad I wasn't born up north!

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

Nope, I'm fully considering driving it.

You are a madman.

Just now, peternapper said:

Whats wrong with you part time supporters :whistle, have already told work I will not be available next Tuesday as will be heading down to Berwick for our game.

You are also a madman. Albeit a madman who supports a team who sometimes score goals, which makes you slightly less mad.

Spoiler

The biggest problem is getting through Aberdeen between 4 & 7pm apart from that there are now average speed cameras all the way from Stirling to Ellon, given enough time & a following wind its not too bad. Think both teams & supporters will be keen to get a result tonight as a replay would be a nightmare especially for us with a backlog of league games to play.

The logic is that’s the way the cup ties are played.its not hard to understand

Archived