Unread posts

GordonD

Question

At the moment my list of unread posts includes every forum I've posted in. Unfortunately this includes Music Chinese Whispers, which is a very busy thread and often takes up most of the page, so I miss stuff lower down in the list that I'm actually interested in. Is there a way I can unsubscribe (for want of a better word) from this particular thread?

The same is true, to a lesser extent, for the Sons Sorrow thread, which I posted to once or maybe twice about a year ago. No disrespect to Dumbarton but I'm not interested in what their fans are saying about their internal club politics.

6 answers to this question

1 hour ago, GordonD said:

At the moment my list of unread posts includes every forum I've posted in. Unfortunately this includes Music Chinese Whispers, which is a very busy thread and often takes up most of the page, so I miss stuff lower down in the list that I'm actually interested in. Is there a way I can unsubscribe (for want of a better word) from this particular thread?

The same is true, to a lesser extent, for the Sons Sorrow thread, which I posted to once or maybe twice about a year ago. No disrespect to Dumbarton but I'm not interested in what their fans are saying about their internal club politics.

IMG_0646.JPG.047f66dc484b2873b28703ba6795e5d0.JPG

Aye, I've wondered about this too. It's a different issue from just unfollowing a thread - it would be nice to remove threads from the 'Content I Posted In' section. Presumably laboriously deleting old posts would solve the problem, but I'm not @The Tedi, in more than one way.

3 hours ago, German Jag said:

I think if you click on ‚follow‘ at the bottom of a thread page, a list of options comes up, one of which should be unfollow. 

Tried this but following a thread is different from being notified about threads I posted in.

55 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Aye, I've wondered about this too. It's a different issue from just unfollowing a thread - it would be nice to remove threads from the 'Content I Posted In' section. Presumably laboriously deleting old posts would solve the problem, but I'm not @The Tedi, in more than one way.

Particularly as the Music Chinese Whispers thread is now more than 4,000 pages long. What would sort that one out is for the mods to close the thread and start a new one. However I wouldn't suggest that be done for the Sons Sorrow thread, particularly halfway through the season.

Just now, GordonD said:

Particularly as the Music Chinese Whispers thread is now more than 4,000 pages long. What would sort that one out is for the mods to close the thread and start a new one. However I wouldn't suggest that be done for the Sons Sorrow thread, particularly halfway through the season.

Just the option to hide threads on that list would be nice.

It probably exists and nobody's telling us, the b*****ds.

Archived