Paedophile hunters

The last couple of videos I have seen of local people getting caught for grooming online have both had serious learning difficulties. I think these so called hunters have forced the real beasts that know what theyre doing to find other, smarter ways to get what they want, and these idiots are left standing shouting at mentally disabled people live on facebook.

Do the Police in Britain have a dedicated unit doing something similar?

Seem to spend a lot of money and dedicate a lot of resources to catching people speeding. I understand that speeding motorists are the real criminals here but I'd still hope they will throw a couple of quid at catching some beasts.

Seems if a few mad folk from council schemes can catch beasts then the Police will catch plenty with the Intel and resources they have.

If they do catch a few who are well connected our PM can make that disappear also.

46 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

Seem to spend a lot of money and dedicate a lot of resources to catching people speeding. I understand that speeding motorists are the real criminals here but I'd still hope they will throw a couple of quid at catching some beasts.

Seems if a few mad folk from council schemes can catch beasts then the Police will catch plenty with the Intel and resources they have.

If they do catch a few who are well connected our PM can make that disappear also.

According to what I heard on a radio discussion about this topic, a lot of what these paedophile hunters do won't stand up in court (so to speak).

And it doesn't take as much resources to catch speeding drivers as it does paedophiles - not that that's an excuse for not trying.

23 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

According to what I heard on a radio discussion about this topic, a lot of what these paedophile hunters do won't stand up in court (so to speak).

And it doesn't take as much resources to catch speeding drivers as it does paedophiles - not that that's an excuse for not trying.

Also speeding motorists are big business. Must be worth millions in fines catching these folk.

I'd imagine paedophiles however are more a prison sentence type of crime which costs money to keep.

Just now, Gaz FFC said:

Also speeding motorists are big business. Must be worth millions in fines catching these folk.

I'd imagine paedophiles however are more a prison sentence type of crime which costs money to keep.

You're very cynical. :lol:

46 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

How many successful convictions have these guys got from their vigilante schemes?

Very few..I know a lot of people in the legal profession and they would all say that an actual conviction would be a hard slog with the evidence given , the on camera interrogation once caught means diddly squat.A half decent brief will pull the whole thing apart fairly easily....most convictions that are connected to these things are for pervs  who already have a record for it...the only thing I'd say is that it does highlight the individuals involved,most likely fucks up their jobs / family lives and warns anyone living around them to be wary, it also means the authorities are aware of them...I think you could question the motives of some of these pedo hunters but if it does highlight awareness then it's got to be a good thing although I'd worry about where it could end up.

Why would the police care what the prison service have to pay to look after prisoners?

54 minutes ago, energyzone said:
3 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

Why would the police care what the prison service have to pay to look after prisoners?

They wouldn't I was just pointing out that 1 makes money and 1 doesn't.

Amazingly it seems the Police spend money catching 1 and seemingly nothing catching the other.

Glad I needed to spell that 1 out

19 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

They wouldn't I was just pointing out that 1 makes money and 1 doesn't.

Amazingly it seems the Police spend money catching 1 and seemingly nothing catching the other.

Glad I needed to spell that 1 out

Pretty sure the police spend money catching paedophiles. They just don’t practice entrapment.

I actually witnessed a "sting" not too long ago. Phoned the police as the 'peado' looked like he was going to get a kicking. Anyway witness statements followed etc, guy got lifted, hunters moved along. While the police were taking my statement it was clear they had a dislike for the 'hunters and what they did.
I asked my brother later (Who is a cop) what was the script etc. He said basically what the hunters do is useless for the police and it rarely gets a conviction. They are more a hindrance than a help in the situation and although they 'out' peados the 'evidence' is not worth a f**k. They do it for the attention and for "likes" on social media. Most of these groups are headed up by neds. While some may think it is admirable, id rather the police were able to do their job and get the peados off the street rather than having to release them because of some wanna be hard man.

18 hours ago, parsforlife said:

How many successful convictions have these guys got from their vigilante schemes?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5376558/cops-now-rely-on-paedophile-vigilantes-in-half-of-grooming-cases-so-why-are-police-chiefs-trying-to-ban-them/

The sun claiming half of the grooming cases in court are a result of these groups. Police want them banned as they can sometimes break the law when trying to catch these people.

I've often wondered if there has ever been in an instance where a vigilante group poses as a child on a chatroom and gets chatting to another child, who happen to be a different vigilante group. I can only imagine how hilarious and confusing it would be when they finally met up. 

Actually, Viz did a strip where Fru T Bunn was chatting up an underage gingerbread girl and arranged to meet her. The final frame was two bakers standing in a shopping precinct each holding a bunch of flowers and looking at their watches. Wish I could find it ... it was hilarious. 

20 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

I've often wondered if there has ever been in an instance where a vigilante group poses as a child on a chatroom and gets chatting to another child, who happen to be a different vigilante group. I can only imagine how hilarious and confusing it would be when they finally met up. 

Actually, Viz did a strip where Fru T Bunn was chatting up an underage gingerbread girl and arranged to meet her. The final frame was two bakers standing in a shopping precinct each holding a bunch of flowers and looking at their watches. Wish I could find it ... it was hilarious. 

21 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

I'm sure the police to spend a lot of time and money catching paedophiles. 

Also pretty sure speeding drivers kill more children every year than paedophiles do.

14 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Right beside where you live.

I believe this group of people came all the way up from Liverpool to see this "paedo" .

Now surely if this paedo does get convicted then well done the vigilante group?

Now I'm sure I've read somewhere ( I could be way off the mark) that we have a right to know if a convicted sex offender lives in our neighbourhood, is this correct?

Could have been me.

I see this episode started off in Lorimer street, sound the corner from a primary school.