Paedophile hunters

33 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Isn't James English the Scottish Joe Rogan wannabe who had Tommy Robinson on his podcast and didn't understand why people were angry about it?

Yep, along with the likes of Paul Ferris too. 

These peado hunters are a fucking nightmare for the police to deal with. Their so called investigations are evidentially shoddy at best and dont stand up to any legal scrutiny. 

Due to this there is little chance of a prosecution and in other cases innocent people are getting targetted which has a knock on effect on safeguarding once they've been named as a beast. 

Edited by pub car king

I quite like watching the Chris Hansen videos, but these guys give me a strange vibe 

3 hours ago, BawWatchin said:

thefook.png

Looks like a well rounded individual who isn't a child danger whatsoever.

He's hidden well there with that North Face snood. What a moron. 

20 minutes ago, Dele said:

Anyone going online and pretending to be a child to the point of making up profiles and typing as if you are is a fucking weirdo and should also be locked up. 

I would imagine that would be quite difficult.

14 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

Isn't James English the Scottish Joe Rogan wannabe who had Tommy Robinson on his podcast and didn't understand why people were angry about it?

14 hours ago, Dele said:

Yep, along with the likes of Paul Ferris too. 

As unpalatable as Robinson is, I really don't get the whole "cancel culture". You don't win an argument by gagging somebody. The notion that they're "platforming" their views doesn't ring true for mine neither as any semi functioning human being can pick holes in their argument.

Having them on and championing their views just exposes themselves as racist.

PS - Obviously this doesn't apply to discussing a live Court case, hence Robinson being jailed for contempt.

50 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

People can be personable and hold abhorrent views at the same time.

Charismatic people can win an argument in the eyes of some people based on how they say what they say, and not what they say.

Nobody is saying Tommy Robinson doesn’t have a right to be a horrible, racist, bigoted arsehole. Free speech means he can air his opinions up to a point, but not giving those opinions a platform means he will be less able to exploit people like this:

I understand the"platforming" argument but I'd counter it by saying that denying the existence of views like his merely drive them underground. As we've seen with the rise of the far right in recent years, this hasn't worked in spite of all the denial and de-platforming.

With regards to preventing morons like the above being indoctrinated, the answer has to be in educating them as you can't gag every demigod they latch onto, whether it be on TV or within their community.

1 hour ago, sjc said:

I understand the"platforming" argument but I'd counter it by saying that denying the existence of views like his merely drive them underground. As we've seen with the rise of the far right in recent years, this hasn't worked in spite of all the denial and de-platforming.

With regards to preventing morons like the above being indoctrinated, the answer has to be in educating them as you can't gag every demigod they latch onto, whether it be on TV or within their community.

I'm wondering where we've seen this 'rise of the far right'.  Certainly not in the UK.

2 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

I'm wondering where we've seen this 'rise of the far right'.  Certainly not in the UK.

I wasn't specifically talking about the UK and we're perhaps not seeing au fait fascist governments but as Centrism collapses  around the world Politics are becoming more polarised on both the left and right. Some perseved far right policies are being legislated. Windrush springs to mind in the UK. 

My point was that it doesn't go away by muting, gagging or ignoring it, regardless of how much we'd like it to.

16 hours ago, Dele said:

Anyone going online and pretending to be a child to the point of making up profiles and typing as if you are is a fucking weirdo and should also be locked up. 

Quite a lot of the groups were started by people who were sexually abused as children or had family members groomed by a nonce which makes it a bit more understandable I suppose.