The Chronicles of the Banter Years (2012 - ∞)

32 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

Rangers are one of the clubs quoted by bookmakers as a possible destination for Usain Bolt as the world champion sprinter looks to swap athletics for football. (Scottish Sun)

Jabba in full deflection mode after the weekend but instead just cranking the banter up a few notches, naturally.

We don't do running away? 

14 hours ago, SimonLichtie said:

The Mr Custard thing is still my favourite Banter Years thing. Obviously most things around that time were amusing to say the least, but I remember seeing   someone linking to the bluenose website and clicking on it to see where the **** were attempting to donate money to in order to save their club and being presented with a picture similiar to above and absolutely losing it - unable to function, tears streaming down my face etc. For months after that, on a daily basis while going about my day to day life Mr Custard would always pop into my head and I'd be off on one again.

After seeing your post, I just know today is going to be a good day. At any point things aren't going so well, I'll simply thing of good old Mr Custard and everything will be okay. Thank you for bringing him back to the forefront of my mind again.

13 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

https://www.northantstelegraph.co.uk/news/rangers-fans-get-stuck-in-to-mr-custard-1-3632455

Basically a Rangers fan group put the wrong link for donations.

That has made my day :lol::lol::lol:

13 hours ago, 7-2 said:

Rangers are one of the clubs quoted by bookmakers as a possible destination for Usain Bolt as the world champion sprinter looks to swap athletics for football. (Scottish Sun)

Jabba in full deflection mode after the weekend but instead just cranking the banter up a few notches, naturally.

:lol: I hope he tells them to bolt.

Aw, how is this not up here already?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43828476

Apparently Rangers are "ahead of the curve" by being in the "top 3".

Last season they finished 9 points ahead of 4th, right now they're only 3 ahead. Progres? 

And my favourite; "We are probably doing a little better than we would have imagined back in the dark days of running out at Brechin in the fourth tier."

Seriously? In what everyone presumed would be their third year back in the Premiership? Rangers fans seem to finding these days pretty dark too. 

3 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Last season they finished 9 points ahead of 4th, right now they're only 3 ahead. Progres? 

And my favourite; "We are probably doing a little better than we would have imagined back in the dark days of running out at Brechin in the fourth tier."

Seriously? In what everyone presumed would be their third year back in the Premiership? Rangers fans seem to finding these days pretty dark too. 

^ Hair ruffling wanted.

Just now, GordonS said:

And there is this wee gem.

Having finished third in the top flight last season - 39 points behind Celtic, Rangers are now 12 points adrift as their Glasgow rivals close in on a seventh successive title.

I am no theoretical physicist but I'm damn certain the gap is 13? :lol:

14 hours ago, dirty dingus said:

I love the Sevco Quandary. If Celtic get to 10 in a row do they discredit their achievment with we weren't around for a few of the titles so the achievment was tainted.

Why weren't we around?? 

image.jpeg.b2763453db02fd281cb299b658dcaa53.jpeg

Relegated by the Rangers hating media and political elite, weren't they?

titter.png

21 minutes ago, GordonS said:

They were actually running out at Brechin in the third tier but hey, facts and figures were never either Rangers strong point.

If they completely lose their heads over Hummel being their new kit suppliers then Celtic winning 12 in a row and #getting55 would be fantastic.
I'd need to take a week off work-
giphy.gif

I hate the one horse race, but before it was only ever a two horse race anyway, atleast with it this way now it’s absolutely hilarious watching the **** explode into a totally ridiculous frenzy every now and then when they take stock of just how shite they are.

I’m guessing that they had thought they’d be back challenging by now and after all these years they’re still miles away. If Celtic keep getting into Europe it’s only going to go one way too.

Rangers are pishing money away to try and get instant success when it’s just not realistic, it’s been their problem for a long time now, which is why they died.

Couldn’t be happening to a more deserving group of people, they obviously have a lot of fans who are good human beings, but the Red Rob type of *** are truly the worst kind of people living in this country.

[emoji4]

9 hours ago, GordonS said:

Last season they finished 9 points ahead of 4th, right now they're only 3 ahead. Progres

I see what you did there.

9 hours ago, 7-2 said:

They were actually running out at Brechin in the third tier but hey, facts and figures were never either Rangers strong point.

I'm fairly sure their first match after being admitted into League 2 was a Challenge Cup tie away to Brechin.  So he's wrong but right in that they were a League 2 side then.

2 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

I'm fairly sure their first match after being admitted into League 2 was a Challenge Cup tie away to Brechin.  So he's wrong but right in that they were a League 2 side then.

Looks like you are indeed correct. However this is no place for being rational so I'll settle for the line being badly worded and misleading  in true *** fashion. :cheers