Trivia

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, Juantwothree said:

Name the 8 players to have played in the dundee Derby, Edinburgh Derby and the old firm Derby???? 

Neil McCann, Tosh McKinlay, Iain Ferguson, Kevin Thomson and Steven Pressley right so far... What about Gary McSwegan?

I'll take punts on Darren Jackson and Mark Burchill.

On ‎19‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 11:26, kingjoey said:

“That weirdo Aberdeen manager” did not go through a phase of not having a sub keeper. In the league, teams were allowed to name five subs and obviously no problem in naming a keeper among the five. However, I think for the last season that year, teams were only allowed to name three subs in the Scottish Cup and “that weirdo Aberdeen manager” took a gamble that he would name, and use, three outfield players in the final. By the way, it was Ebbe Skovdahl.

This... subs were allowed from the mid-1960s, IIRC - it might have been 1 initially but became 2 pretty quickly. It became 3 from 1994-95 and in that first season both finalists listed a 'keeper. However in the next 5 finals only 3 'keepers sat on the bench from a max 10. From 2000-01 the subs increased to 5 and again to 7 from 2013-14.

Mo Johnston wasn't the first Roman Catholic from Scotland to join Rangers strictly speaking... there were approaching a dozen examples pre-WWI, and Laurie Blyth in the 1950s who didn't make the first-team. John Spencer also played a first-team game (in the Glasgow Cup) before Mo Johnston did. That's not excusing the policy, obviously, but clarifying the actual question/answer.

Is this "playing in 3 derbies" time limited in some way? Would be pretty amazing if only 8 have ever done and at least 7 are 1990s onward.

On 19/12/2017 at 20:37, Flybhoy said:

Which player has played in Celtic/Rangers, Arsenal/Tottenham, Man Utd/Man City and Liverpool/Everton fixtures???

No googling !!^_^

Andrei Kanchelskis

On ‎21‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 00:47, HibeeJibee said:

What was unique about the Morton v Hearts league game in 1915-16?

On ‎21‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 01:48, Eednud said:

The Hearts players walked somewhere after the game and enlisted for army service.

Nope.

It was during that period.  I've just had a look at footage and even worse the scum were all wearing orange that day as a tribute to wee Dick (aye right).   What a reprehensible shower of bigoted c***s they really are.  Can't wait until they die, again.

Aye they were allowed to have “the future is bright, the future is orange” banner behind the goal in full view of the watching thousands.

Yet the Red Ultras were told to remove their banner by the polis

c***s.

On 12/8/2017 at 20:05, Flybhoy said:

Answer a question correctly and set your own...no using Google please

Six players from outwith the UK* since EPL formed in 1992 have won league medals in Scotland and England....name them 

*Obviously Republic of Ireland is outwith the UK so thats a wee clue for you for one.

Not an answer but I had to laugh Magee when I saw a video someone had shared of a slightly attractive older woman on Twitter the other day (person in the video had thought she was getting her photo taken) and below it I saw you had commented:

"Wid".

Well played.

Archived