Games 16-12-17

pie n beans

2 hours ago, LeedsPhil said:

Hopefully Petershill Park's plastic isn't one of those, for the Rob Roy v Glenafton tie - I'm already on a train down from the frozen North for this one...

Just been told Rob Roy vs Glenafton at Petershill is definitely on.

There's a game being played on the pitch this morning already.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, athleticone said:

Sick and tired of the uneducated slating the park at Broxburn .Speak to the Greenfields who look after the majority of artificial parks in the country will tell you it is one of the better parks and is looked after better than some senior sides and they are in every week to maintain the standard required to pass UEFA spot checks that artificial surfaces go through on a regular basis through out the year .They come in and check all aspects of the park and Broxburn has not had a problem passing , you never see a fit for purpose inspection on some grass parks that are deemed the bee's knees .Artificial is here and they  will be all ways here like it or hate it live with it. You will be surprised the number of clubs knocking it who are now considering it .As for the Broxburn park technology has improved and newer surfaces will be better but I am sure when the Broxburn pitch is renewed within the next couple of years it will be upgraded .  For information 3G,4G  is NOT all weather and freezing conditions will put the park out of use . On another note a playing surface could be playable but the surrounding roads footpath out with any club's control could be treacherous and people's safety then comes in to decisions .

Not sure what the uneducated part of your post refers? 

Never went to School? Never passed an exam? Never took a course in how artificial patches should be layed? 

Ive been called thick by a few people and at times I can’t argue . But I would say everyone has an opinion and whilst not every one agrees, I’m not sure if that is relevant or not.

I have been to in excess of 50 junior grounds in my time watching this level of football. In my opinion Broxburn is the worst place to go and watch a football match. Last year that accolade would have been Petershill’s pitch, but that has been relayed. 

Broxburn has a terrible surface, with players no idea where the ball will bounce. Uneducated or not, you will not change my mind on that one.

Just now, Bishoptonbankie said:

Looks fine, yellow ball get it on.

that was probably the best hope of a Glasgow based (on grass anyway) match today. 

Getting scunnered with this pish. Even considered going to see QP today but came to my senses. 

12 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

Never went to School? Never passed an exam? Never took a course in how artificial patches should be layed? 

Ive been called thick by a few people and at times I can’t argue . But I would say everyone has an opinion and whilst not every one agrees, I’m not sure if that is relevant or not.

I have been to in excess of 50 junior grounds in my time watching this level of football. In my opinion Broxburn is the worst place to go and watch a football match. Last year that accolade would have been Petershill’s pitch, but that has been relayed. 

Broxburn has a terrible surface, with players no idea where the ball will bounce. Uneducated or not, you will not change my mind on that one.

I think that says more about the players.

4 minutes ago, superpollok said:

I don’t think that photo is actually this morning, doubt there is that much frost on it, but it will be rock hard any way and no shock the game didn’t make it with the temperature being pretty much below zero all week.

Ah right, lifted it off twitter from some Pollok account. 

18 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I think that says more about the players.

I think not. Has Shotts played at Albyn Park? Musselburgh last played there last season and won 5-1. We beat them here the previous season too. So, although the fixture has been good for us recently, it is still a rank surface to watch a match on.

15 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

I think not. Has Shotts played at Albyn Park? Musselburgh last played there last season and won 5-1. We beat them here the previous season too. So, although the fixture has been good for us recently, it is still a rank surface to watch a match on.

Not that I've been at, but I've been to Broxburn and plenty of others, even played on them. Regardless of our opinions there will be more artificial pitches, best just get used to it.

1 hour ago, Casey Jones said:

It's a terrible surface, it's matted and I cant fathom the claims that's its the best looked after surface that's just not true, it doesn't appear to be looked after at all and if people are in every week maintaining it i'd get someone better. Slightest bit of frost and it's off.

Archived