Games 16-12-17

pie n beans

3 hours ago, pie n beans said:

if most of the games in the East are off this weekend the the SJFA need to open up the 23rd and the 30th for games to be played, as it could end up 8-9 weeks with no games.

According to the this weeks Herald Camelon have indicated they have been told they will be playing the 23rd or 30th if tomorrows game is off (which it most likely will be).

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

0cb7b3a86286a8322ac4b0485de5abff.jpg

The sjfa have to schedule the cup ties on the 23rd/30th I would say. They set a precedent a few years back when they tossed out Lossiemouth after they refused to play Kilbirnie on the 24th or 31st of December, obviously weather dependent. I know they seem to make it up as they go along but there is a recent example. Will be interesting to see how they deal with it.

1 hour ago, Scuzz said:

0cb7b3a86286a8322ac4b0485de5abff.jpg

The sjfa have to schedule the cup ties on the 23rd/30th I would say. They set a precedent a few years back when they tossed out Lossiemouth after they refused to play Kilbirnie on the 24th or 31st of December, obviously weather dependent. I know they seem to make it up as they go along but there is a recent example. Will be interesting to see how they deal with it.

Thought that was the wrong decision at the time and still do but as you say they started a precedent with that one.

Thought that was the wrong decision at the time and still do but as you say they started a precedent with that one.

I disagreed with it as well, chucking them out not the scheduling of the game, but they've made a rod for their own back by doing so.

Surely these teams would want to get these ties out of the road? And as gates are shared in the Scottish, bring in a bit of income too.

14 minutes ago, Scuzz said:

I disagreed with it as well, chucking them out not the scheduling of the game, but they've made a rod for their own back by doing so.

Surely these teams would want to get these ties out of the road? And as gates are shared in the Scottish, bring in a bit of income too.

Yeah I can take your point there but when you looked at the original one Lossiemouth were expected to travel to Kilbirnie on Christmas Eve.

Asking anyone to do that kind of distance on that day was crazy and possiblyeven more with guys in the services who probably don't get much time off over xmad.

5 hours ago, superpollok said:

I can’t comment on the pitch, but I live less than a mile from Newlandfield.

At 8am this morning my garden was rock solid, at 11am it had slightly softened but no way it would be playable at that time.

In my office now so can’t comment if it softened enough by lunchtime but if newlandsfield is anything like my garden I would say it’s very doubtful

are you serious about pitch inspections? take your boots with you, see if the grass takes a stud, quick short sprints, turn, does ball bounce?  then let us know!

On the east region junior site, 21 matches out of 35 already shown as postponed.

Although Newmains is shown as off in this thread, when you check the West region junior site, not one match taking place  in the West is showing as off. Is it really that warm after you drive past Fauldhouse?

are you serious about pitch inspections? take your boots with you, see if the grass takes a stud, quick short sprints, turn, does ball bounce?  then let us know!

Not really sure your point here?

Just comparing grass in an area less than a mile from the ground that is rock hard. You want me to scale the wall at Newlandsfield to confirm if it’s the same?

Archived