Dunfermline Via Brechin

There you go again the effort. Efforts the easy part efforts the least any player should give we lack quality. Dods plays his favourites no matter what overweight lacking talent it doesn’t matter.we have been in a few games where if the personnel and tactics were right we could have had a win before now.the teams although full time have not been a whole lot better than us,today Dunfermline were rank we were worse

Hey I agree with too much defending at times . And we should be a bit more attacking minded .
But your comments about yesterday's game just prove you were nt there ! Our fattest player Watty had a great game .

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Black and White Tragic said:

Newsflash, we’re now up to third albeit on GD. Can you point me to where you were calling out AJ as a bad manager when the team were out of the blocks flying at the start of the season?

I don’t know who started the myth about 10 games without a win - it was only 7.

The team are not playing well at the moment and the lack of movement and free flowing passing is the main thing that is lacking at the moment compared to what was evident in the first quarter. It’s fixable but a change of manager hasn’t helped Falkirk, and didn’t do anything for Rovers last season. Before a goal was kicked this season, the most any fan could hope as a target was play offs.

There are plenty instances of me stating my distaste for the manager in the Pars thread, as you would say it's a myth that I've started to say this stuff over the last ten games, I was saying it long before then. I would change manager now because this isn't the same situation that Rovers or Falkirk were in as AJ has proved already he doesn't have what it takes to do anything of note at this level. Relying on other teams not taking points in their games in hand is not progress and not good enough. Also despite his utter nonsense spouting post match we have constantly played awful boring football for months. I know I and many many others can't justify paying decent money every week to be bored to death with his brand of disjointed 442. Your point about one win in seven just highlights how awful our support is, stating it like it's not a bad record, not a single other team of our stature would accept a run like that but our board haven't done a fucking thing.

The board need to make this call now, if he gets until January he will waste our transfer budget AGAIN and any replacement will be working with their hands behind their back.

If he stays beyond January we will not finish about fifth. Bookmark it. Charlatan.

How sad are you?? ok pabs eventually pulls up gets treatment goes off comes back on and subbed at halftime wee Finn got assaulted and he got booked the ex *** didn’t even get a talking to. Is that enough???

Finn got booked because he retaliated by punching the guy but yes Dunfermline player should ve been cautioned too . I'm just not getting the we were shite bit from everyone. Every City fan I spoke too on way out of ground or in pubs last night thought we played well enough. But you ve obviously got higher standard s than us ..

Just now, CITY1974 said:

Finn got booked because he retaliated by punching the guy but yes Dunfermline player should ve been cautioned too . I'm just not getting the we were shite bit from everyone. Every City fan I spoke too on way out of ground or in pubs last night thought we played well enough. But you ve obviously got higher standard s than us ..

You are talking pish can you explain dods tactics to me 

There are plenty instances of me stating my distaste for the manager in the Pars thread, as you would say it's a myth that I've started to say this stuff over the last ten games, I was saying it long before then. I would change manager now because this isn't the same situation that Rovers or Falkirk were in as AJ has proved already he doesn't have what it takes to do anything of note at this level. Relying on other teams not taking points in their games in hand is not progress and not good enough. Also despite his utter nonsense spouting post match we have constantly played awful boring football for months. I know I and many many others can't justify paying decent money every week to be bored to death with his brand of disjointed 442. Your point about one win in seven just highlights how awful our support is, stating it like it's not a bad record, not a single other team of our stature would accept a run like that but our board haven't done a fucking thing.
The board need to make this call now, if he gets until January he will waste our transfer budget AGAIN and any replacement will be working with their hands behind their back.
If he stays beyond January we will not finish about fifth. Bookmark it. Charlatan.

I never said 7 without a win was not bad, I just pointed out that it was being exaggerated into 10. Waste our transfer budget? What signings has AJ made that are poor, in your opinion? The only one I thought was poor, at the time, was Wedderburn as I didn’t rate him at all when I first saw him play for us. Charlatan? I preferred the Happy Mondays.

Our stature?

Okay, Mr Masterton, that’s plenty.

Were you there? Finn got booked for the foul the the ex sevco player lashed out at Finn anyway how can anyone that does go home and away be happy up till now? there is something wrong be it Dods the players or both. Maybe I do expect better but why shouldn’t I
? I think a few teams in this league are pretty poor so had we done things differently we could have been in a better position at this stage

Bizarre City fans fighting amongst themselves about Dods' tactics when actually his changing of the shape was the main reason City got back into it. He certainly had more tactical nous than our manager that's for sure. Hopefully Brechin can get a win soon (preferably in the rearranged Falkirk game!) and can make the 8th/9th/10th battle a bit more interesting as the season comes to an end.

46 minutes ago, Best Team in Angus said:

You are talking pish can you explain dods tactics to me 

18 minutes ago, slangs said:

Were you there? Finn got booked for the foul the the ex sevco player lashed out at Finn anyway how can anyone that does go home and away be happy up till now? there is something wrong be it Dods the players or both. Maybe I do expect better but why shouldn’t I
? I think a few teams in this league are pretty poor so had we done things differently we could have been in a better position at this stage

These are the tactics that have been used most of the season.  I would rather we were a bit more attack minded throughout but it is heartening that in many games we finish the stronger, fitter team.  Puts paid to all the shite spouted about fat, unfit players. 

We are where we are through a combination of bad luck and loss of concentration leading to the defensive lapses ...............I feel the tactics are justified as I don't think the players can keep the attacking tempo for the full 90 mins (although they did at Tannadice earlier) .  Plus when you are at the bottom you get absolutely nothing from the refs. 

I remain upbeat and realistic.   Maybe a couple of additions or hanging on to Connor after Christmas may help our cause  .  

5 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Bizarre City fans fighting amongst themselves about Dods' tactics when actually his changing of the shape was the main reason City got back into it. He certainly had more tactical nous than our manager that's for sure. Hopefully Brechin can get a win soon (preferably in the rearranged Falkirk game!) and can make the 8th/9th/10th battle a bit more interesting as the season comes to an end.

You are spot on.  This has been the case most of the season.  Perhaps a case of giving the opposition too much respect at times. 

These are the tactics that have been used most of the season.  I would rather we were a bit more attack minded throughout but it is heartening that in many games we finish the stronger, fitter team.  Puts paid to all the shite spouted about fat, unfit players. 
We are where we are through a combination of bad luck and loss of concentration leading to the defensive lapses ...............I feel the tactics are justified as I don't think the players can keep the attacking tempo for the full 90 mins (although they did at Tannadice earlier) .  Plus when you are at the bottom you get absolutely nothing from the refs. 
I remain upbeat and realistic.   Maybe a couple of additions or hanging on to Connor after Christmas may help our cause  .  

We tend to agree about the way we play which hasn’t been successful so why then can’t Dods change things around? Quicker play, keeping the ball ffs buzz was told by the ref to stop waisting time we were down 1-0 at the time. Poor show

2 hours ago, slangs said:

We tend to agree about the way we play which hasn’t been successful so why then can’t Dods change things around? Quicker play, keeping the ball ffs buzz was told by the ref to stop waisting time we were down 1-0 at the time. Poor show

But Dods does change things as the Pars fans pointed out.  The tactics would work better if we stopped giving away stupid , soft goals and weren't a goal down going into the second half. When we do get going the football is quite sharp and fluent so it baffles me when folk say there is no football played at all. 

As for Buzz, it is maybe best that he takes his time as it means less actual playing time for him to worry about making another mistake. 

5 minutes ago, slangs said:

60 odd mins he brings on a lad that shud start and bang goal. He gets it wrong most weeks

You are not going to see any positives so I will just wish you and your aliases all the best and hope that Christmas doesn't bypass that permanent black cloud hanging over you ! :rolleyes: 

Archived