Dunfermline Via Brechin

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well Dunfermline are a poor lot but unfortunately we are worse. Another inept attempt at playing the game.

WTF We were excellent 2nd half and had Pars flapping at times . Don t think anyone could ve grudged us a draw .Every player worked their backsides off although I ll admit Isaac was poor today . We scored an absolute screamer denied a stonewaller of a pen when we had momentum. So how can you find fault ??

First half we were well on top. Second half more of the same. Dods realised that Shiels and Nat were under no pressure and changed it. From this we were slack and under more pressure we lost a goal through more pissing about in front of the defence. Great strike tbf and most pars fans applauded it. From there we were all over the place and more fucking about led to Murdoch nearly giving away a penalty. I thought the brechin player could have went down and he would have got it so credit to him for being so sporting/honest. We then brought on Aird and Higgy. Aird looked pretty effective yet again. No idea why he doesn't play every week as whenever he comes on he improves us? Glad we got the win but second half was awful and brechin could have easily snatched a draw. We really really need proper central midfielders in right now, the rest of the team is ok.
Interesting to see McManus rightly applaud our fans booing his sub. He was also arguing with AJ walking down the touchline.
I don't know why Clark and cardle seem to play all the time when aird and McManus offer more at times. Not saying Clark is as bad as some do but he does seem untouchable.

WTF We were excellent 2nd half and had Pars flapping at times . Don t think anyone could ve grudged us a draw .Every player worked their backsides off although I ll admit Isaac was poor today . We scored an absolute screamer denied a stonewaller of a pen when we had momentum. So how can you find fault ??

Don’t know what you were watching ?absolute crap,the standard was pathetic, your take on Brechin is delusional. Two really poor teams out there today. Isaac gets 90 every week?its beyond belief.

You were very poor and didn't come close to deserving a draw tbh. That's not to say that we played well, we didn't. We were still the better out of two poor teams though comfortably.

May not have had the finish or chances but I would say we were the better team in the last half an hour. Dunfermline seemed genuinely rattled at points, just a shame we couldn't take full advantage of it.

If you based the game on the second half you'd have to say that Brechin certainly deserved at least a draw, but over the whole 90 mins the better team won. Sitting too deep with 5 at the back, giving a lone Issac no support for half the game evidently cost us in the end.

Finally, a special mention for the Pars fans accusing Smith of time-wasting when his team was chasing an equaliser in the strong swirling winds. A change from getting right on their own players' backs despite them being ahead anyway. You could see several players bottling everything with increased pressure from the home stands.

Anyway, may the New Year bring us both better fortune. Merry Christmas!

McManus wasn't nearly as good as Clark today, if he's arguing about his sub then he's an idiot.

Pretty sure the Brechin player did go down, Murdoch seemed raging about it and was asking the referee why he wasn't booked for diving, I was miles away from it so can't claim to know if it was a penalty.

That must have been some block by the Brechin player for the non goal, I turned around to say how good an assist it was and when I looked back Higgy was faffing around, look forward to seeing it back.

Don’t know what you were watching ?absolute crap,the standard was pathetic, your take on Brechin is delusional. Two really poor teams out there today. Isaac gets 90 every week?its beyond belief.

What were nt you happy with today ? We put up a fight with a fulltime team and in my opinion might ve got a draw out of it . So tell me about the game. The penalty incident what's your opinion ? Who do you blame for 2nd goal ?

Pretty sure the Brechin player did go down, Murdoch seemed raging about it and was asking the referee why he wasn't booked for diving, I was miles away from it so can't claim to know if it was a penalty.

Best filed under the 'Seen them Given' category. My gut instinct was that it was a pen, but I doubt the ref was in any position to see it properly.

We looking well in control of game  until the screamer from Brechin got it back to 2-1. After that for next 10-15 mins we looked nervy and you could feel the tension in the crowd and I  felt we needed a third goal which we should have got with the Clark chance but having not won in 8 I was just happy to hold on and get the win in the end

I've been very supportive of AJ but his post-match comments are again pretty embarrassing. You can't come out after squeaking past Brechin City, following a run of one win in 10, and blame the fans for getting on the player's backs. Supporters have every right to be upset about what's been happening on the park and you can't just expect blind loyalty. Very ill-judged, similar to his outburst after the Dumbarton game.

Anyway, a much needed three points but we need to get better and we need to do it very quickly.

If AJ has indeed said that, I've not checked and don't ever listen to his boring interviews, he should be marched out of East End immediately. Having a dig at the fans who saved the club and pay his wages despite him not doing his job adequately for several months is bang out of order. I used to simply not like his management but he's beginning to change my opinion of him being a decent bloke from stuff I'm hearing.

I've been very supportive of AJ but his post-match comments are again pretty embarrassing. You can't come out after squeaking past Brechin City, following a run of one win in 10, and blame the fans for getting on the player's backs. Supporters have every right to be upset about what's been happening on the park and you can't just expect blind loyalty. Very ill-judged, similar to his outburst after the Dumbarton game.
Anyway, a much needed three points but we need to get better and we need to do it very quickly.
Agreed. I'm a massive AJ fan but today seems like a total heads gone from him. Perhaps he knows he's under pressure and trying a deflection tactic? In any event how he picks the team and how he lines them up, (at one point in the second half carlde was the most central further forward attacking player with Clark to his left and McManus to his right) We were very narrow throughout the game and were screaming for some directness from anyone. This came when Aird came on (playing in a wide position). I have no idea what AJ is thinking at times but am feeling that he knows that unless fortunes turn, he could be nearing the end if his tenure. Hanging on for the last 15 mins against Brechin is not good enough.

6 hours ago, Black and White Tragic said:

Worried? I thought you were salivating at the thought of an away win so you can push your sack the manager agenda.

The point I have always strived to put forward is the club is the most important thing which is the reason I do not want AJ in charge anymore as there's a very real possibility of slipping down the league. Why in the world would I want to see the club I love losing? 

What were nt you happy with today ? We put up a fight with a fulltime team and in my opinion might ve got a draw out of it . So tell me about the game. The penalty incident what's your opinion ? Who do you blame for 2nd goal ?

Second goal,the team the management.we are so bad it hurts. The penalty?? Is it clutching at straws. Ive said before we set up to defend and can’t, we have no creativity in midfield and he haw up front. We play players that are overweight, slow,can’t string 3/4 passes together.its a hard watch. Dunfermline may be full time but they are a poor effort. We are getting it wrong on and off the park. 2-1 looks like a close game,it was not it was a poor effort by a poor team you may well be happy but I’m not.

Second goal,the team the management.we are so bad it hurts. The penalty?? Is it clutching at straws. Ive said before we set up to defend and can’t, we have no creativity in midfield and he haw up front. We play players that are overweight, slow,can’t string 3/4 passes together.its a hard watch. Dunfermline may be full time but they are a poor effort. We are getting it wrong on and off the park. 2-1 looks like a close game,it was not it was a poor effort by a poor team you may well be happy but I’m not.

So you were nt at game ? You ve not told me a single thing about any incident at the game .

Archived