Living next door to a stadium

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎08‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 18:36, energyzone said:

The litter was outrageous. The place looked like a warzone once the fans of those two clubs had been. Thankfully it's nothing like it used to be.

One of my friends parents house was a few doors down from the Dundonald Road entrance and they used to get it really bad. Probably the funniest instance though was when some of 'the people' tried dumping some of their empties in the front garden while me and mate where standing chatting, giving us a bit of verbals as well to prove what hard men they were. Next thing though my mates Dad comes out and they instantly shat it, not because he's some sort of hard case but due to the fact he was wearing his dog collar and was the Minister at the Old High Kirk. Suffice to say we rather enjoyed them getting chastised like little school boys by a Church of Scotland minister!

On 1/11/2018 at 10:07, Swello said:

Sorry, can't let this one go past - just to be clear - Is this someone who cares enough about Camelon Juniors to build a shite version of a Nazi watchtower in order to watch their games - but won't walk a few yards and pay a couple of quid to get in?? :blink:

Is there more to it? I'm kind of imagining a local paper story about a die-hard (reminiscent of Golden Gordon from Ripping Yarns) being barred from the ground for punching a committee member after a heavy defeat and getting his own back......

It should also be said he is a nutter. Screams abuse at everybody from the safety of his own back garden.

d2624dd6d6a5c32ba9cd63c64339a25e.jpg3f992a16c475e069b1025676fbf8354f.jpg9e39ebc918275bbe5e5f02ec9780d509.jpga03f9625f4d88fc30d8e852da18cd620.jpg

Arsenals old highbury ground is now flats built into the listed buildings old stands. Cant get any closer to the a football ground than that[emoji16]
Not really living next door, more living inside.

They should turn the pitch into allotments. It’s a bit cluttered looking at the moment.

The entrance at Kenilworth Road isn’t dissimilar to the Mock Tudor entrance at Fratton Park.
fratton-park-the-home-ground-of-portsmouth-football-club-nicknamed-BJ5MF1.jpg
While new grounds are great and all, it’s a shame we’ll likely never see such quirky stadia again.
That's the ticket office on the right and and south stand. Up the left below floodlight pylon is a narrow as f**k alleyway which you need to get through if you want around the other side of the ground. My sister stays about a 5 minute walk from Fratton Park and right opposite a pub which is jam packed on matchdays. Kronenbourg or Fosters on tap though which is shite.

Archived