Living next door to a stadium

2 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

Pretty big bird table. Garden needs to be looked after a bit more

Yes, I know. My wife reiterates this to me. That is next years project.

2 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Didn't realise Diego lived on the set of Takeshis Castle.

Genuinely burst out laughing at that post.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Current flat backs on to Easter Road. Hardly hear any crowd noise if balcony door and windows shut. That is not a reflection on atmosphere at Easter Road just good sound proofing.  Only concern was my daughter kept wanting to go and see Hibs. Thankfully after showing her pictures of popcorn teeth she is now convinced an evil troll lives there and has not mentioned it again.

ETA - Last season also had Edinburgh City play 5 minutes walk from the flat as well.

Not sure if it is still there and apologies for not being a Scottish ground, but the away entrance to Luton Town's ground looked like the doorway to someone's terraced house. I've never seen anything like it and can only imagine some of the scenes over the years from the view of the windows above.

Tynecastle back in the day had loads of flats behind the terracing which had a view of the whole pitch. That would be great. Having a view of the back of a stand now not so good.

When I was a kid, one of my mate's grandad lived in one of those flats. Must have been the 3rd floor.

Remember going to his flat one day to watch Hearts v Celtic. Paulo Di Canio had ridiculous white boots on.

Jesus, that was 20 years ago.

Even worse than than the time disappearing, I remember the game was on the BBC. What the hell happened.

On ‎22‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 19:21, Monkey Tennis said:

I also spent a year living about twenty yards from St James's Park in the early nineties.  That was good too.

Exeter City good in those days, were they?

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

Exeter City good in those days, were they?

Made worse by the fact that I lived in St James Street, in Newcastle of course.

Although it's confusing this caper.  The Exeter city ground appears in some sources to lack an apostrophe, while what I put, seems to have more to do with the park in Westminster.

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Made worse by the fact that I lived in St James Street, in Newcastle of course.

Although it's confusing this caper.  The Exeter city ground appears in some sources to lack an apostrophe, while what I put, seems to have more to do with the park in Westminster.

Don't let T_K know...

My house when I was a kid (and the house I'm now back home at for Christmas) overlooks Crombie Park, the home of Aberdeen junior side Culter FC.
It's brilliant, I've watched loads of diddy junior games, plus the occasional bigger side. An Aberdeen XI once played there pre-season (mostly youth players, but I remember being quite excited to see Rory McArdle just after he'd signed). We've had Scottish Cup games v Highland League sides which were a bit of an occasion. The pub in the village put on a "hospitality package" which involved getting pished there in the morning, a minibus up the road to the ground, a pie at half time, and the minibus back. My bedroom effectively being the exec box, my dad had a couple of the neighbours round and mum heated up pies from Kellys (RIP Kelly of Cults).
Pretty sure we played Partick Thistle there once too, but I think I was at uni by then. Can any Jags confirm or deny?
Below is the view from my room: 28101ed4b3219a15bd89474911f8c320.jpg
If I remember correctly they drew 1-1 and some Thistle fan posted a video on YouTube? Where their fans were having an absolute meltdown lambasting the players about 5 yards away, was pretty hilarious.
A strange approach.
You launch a thread and plenty people chip in with tales about proximity to a stadium yet you single out mine to have a go at.  I've no idea what your difficulty with me is, but I don't see the way you carry on as necessary.
Your fondness for a bit of bullying of your own, would suggest the above description might fit you better.
Hey ho.  It might be an interesting thread, despite how you behave.
Oaft.

On 12/28/2017 at 22:36, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

Not sure if it is still there and apologies for not being a Scottish ground, but the away entrance to Luton Town's ground looked like the doorway to someone's terraced house. I've never seen anything like it and can only imagine some of the scenes over the years from the view of the windows above.

article-2608045-1D2A403200000578-628_634x418.jpg

Been in the away end once, and as you stand on the balcony before entering the stand, you can see in the windows quite clearly. Not that I was looking. Honest. 

Ross County have quite a few houses beside their ground don't they? 

As someone previously mentioned, do these people get free tickets for the game? 

1 hour ago, LondonHMFC said:

article-2608045-1D2A403200000578-628_634x418.jpg

Been in the away end once, and as you stand on the balcony before entering the stand, you can see in the windows quite clearly. Not that I was looking. Honest. 

Ross County have quite a few houses beside their ground don't they? 

As someone previously mentioned, do these people get free tickets for the game? 

That's bloody brilliant that is. 

The entrance at Kenilworth Road isn’t dissimilar to the Mock Tudor entrance at Fratton Park.

fratton-park-the-home-ground-of-portsmou

While new grounds are great and all, it’s a shame we’ll likely never see such quirky stadia again.

Archived