Living next door to a stadium

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Ah, sorry.  You're choosing once more to be a dick.

My mistake.

You can just imagine MT being one of the boys who hung about outside the staff room at school to avoid bullies.

4 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

You can just imagine MT being one of the boys who hung about outside the staff room at school to avoid bullies.

A strange approach.

You launch a thread and plenty people chip in with tales about proximity to a stadium yet you single out mine to have a go at.  I've no idea what your difficulty with me is, but I don't see the way you carry on as necessary.

Your fondness for a bit of bullying of your own, would suggest the above description might fit you better.

Hey ho.  It might be an interesting thread, despite how you behave.

2 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

I have stayed on Merkland Road East. It was fantastic but I had to walk further to the pub than the stadium.

Also stayed in 3 other flats/houses within 5 minutes walk. 

I'm miles away from Pittodrie now but I'd have no problem with them moving the stadium closer to me.

Could you move to Cove please. :lol:

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

A strange approach.

You launch a thread and plenty people chip in with tales about proximity to a stadium yet you single out mine to have a go at.  I've no idea what your difficulty with me is, but I don't see the way you carry on as necessary.

Your fondness for a bit of bullying of your own, would suggest the above description might fit you better.

Hey ho.  It might be an interesting thread, despite how you behave.

I had a wee joke, not even at your expense just a wee joke, and you've totally lost the plot around it.  I think if you look at the post instead of the poster you might get on a bit better instead of thinking me (or others) have some kind of issue with you.

An East Juniors club of my acquaintance once got a request from some woman in the houses nearby to their ground to turn down the tannoy as she was trying to get her bairn to sleep. 

The houses were built after the ground. I'd have told her to bolt. 

I live about 100 yards from Alloa's Recreation Park, when they reached the play off final v Brechin last season I watched the game on BBC Alba and walked over at half time in extra time and went in through the gates and watched the, rather amusing conclusion where they lost on penalties.

An East Juniors club of my acquaintance once got a request from some woman in the houses nearby to their ground to turn down the tannoy as she was trying to get her bairn to sleep. 
The houses were built after the ground. I'd have told her to bolt. 

Similarly, in 2007 an Irvine Meadow v Glenafton match was interrupted by a 76 year old invading the park to complain about parking issues in the area.

fb1dc97dd7fb9cccb441b762debdf0f3.jpg

8 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

I live about 100 yards from Alloa's Recreation Park, when they reached the play off final v Brechin last season I watched the game on BBC Alba and walked over at half time in extra time and went in through the gates and watched the, rather amusing conclusion where they lost on penalties.

You're the man Mags :thumsup2

Archived