Livingston v Dunfermline

You’re allowed to make a challenge at speed, yes. Are you allowed to go in, out of control, at knee height? No. He may have slipped, but I didn’t see a slip. All you could see from behind the challenge, including the referee’s view, is the boy going flying in at knee height, nowhere near the ball.

I also don’t think ‘slipping’ justifies taking a player out, just below the knee. He should have pulled out of the challenge, rather than extending his leg, if he slipped. I really can’t believe, in the 21st century, we have fans trying to defend a knee high challenge. Worth noting that a few neutrals came to the game with me, and all commented that it was a shocking challenge.

I’ll watch the highlights, and if it looks like he tried to pull out, I’ll accept my view was incorrect. But from my view at the game, it was a red card all day long.

If your friends went to the game with you I wouldn't exactly call them "neutrals"

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't think I've seen a more diving hammer throwing team all season, Pars were horrendous today.

Never a red card, Ryan has conned the ref all day long. It's a yellow, he's slipped as he's went into the tackle and I'm glad to hear Hoppy will be appealing it.

Mvoto should have been off for the elbow, and multiple Pars players should've been off for the numerous dives. Laugh of the day comes from Ryan falling over at the back post for an open goal with no one around him and still claiming. 

Ref shit himself today, we weren't spectacular but a point does us and we go up to second

Seems odd that our manager who is stood directly in front of the incident and who has now seen footage of said knee high tackle that it’s embarrasing and we will be appealing.

The Shaun Byrne incident was the correct decision, no complaints from me on that one, he’s unlucky that the Dunfermline player he fouled has caught him. 

You could tell the Livingston fans were going to have a major chip on there shoulder with the refereeing as soon as they were seething with the referee for correctly booking Byrne.

Utterly bemused to find people complaining about the referee here.

Honestly, I thought both sets of fans were watching different games. We had fans moaning about M’Voto and Vincent getting booked. Both were clear bookings for me. Agree on Livi fans moaning about Byrne’s booking though - he went right through the back of Clark. Also, no idea how the referee missed a very poor challenge on Clark in the first half.

Referee was poor, but he was poor for both teams. Just very inconsistent. Was very picky at times, but completely ignored some obvious fouls. Frustrating to watch.

Never mind. 2 points dropped, manager still hasn’t learned how to use subs effectively. Why we left Aird & Cardle on the bench, against 10 men playing very defensively, I have no idea. We kept 3/4 men back at all times, when they had everyone behind the ball. Bizarre.

Genuinely one of the finest refereeing performances I’ve ever had the pleasure of witnessing. Utterly phenomenal calls. Honestly don’t think he put a whistle wrong all day. Without a shadow of a doubt he deserves the MOTM award. 

10 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Don't think I've seen a more diving hammer throwing team all season, Pars were horrendous today.

Never a red card, Ryan has conned the ref all day long. It's a yellow, he's slipped as he's went into the tackle and I'm glad to hear Hoppy will be appealing it.

Mvoto should have been off for the elbow, and multiple Pars players should've been off for the numerous dives. Laugh of the day comes from Ryan falling over at the back post for an open goal with no one around him and still claiming. 

Ref shit himself today, we weren't spectacular but a point does us and we go up to second

You're not taking this very well at all, how bizarre.

Ryan was never making that ball, hence why he slipped. It was above him and behind him, he tried to change direction and slipped, he didn't claim for anything either. If you're classing that as a dive then it's pretty fair to just chuck the rest of your post in the bin. "Multiple dives" oaft.

Imagine being so seething about a draw you start imagining things, bloody hell.

Just now, Grant228 said:

You're not taking this very well at all, how bizarre.

Ryan was never making that ball, hence why he slipped. It was above him and behind him, he tried to change direction and slipped, he didn't claim for anything either. If you're classing that as a dive then it's pretty fair to just chuck the rest of your post in the bin. "Multiple dives" oaft.

Imagine being so seething about a draw you start imagining things, bloody hell.

Seething? We're up to second now, how about you? :D 

3 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Seething? We're up to second now, how about you? :D 

We're doing pretty shite, as we have been for about 3 quarters of the season now.

I'm fairly accepting of that. Makes it all the more bizarre that you're getting so worked up.

Far to many players wearing carpet slippers today for both teams ,it really does spoil any flow to the game . Quite happy with the point in the end ,very disappointed the way we reacted to going a man down ,sometimes it works to your advantage not today we just sat back deeper as the game went on . Hopkins needs to get the balance right ide drop miller and bring Mullin back in as we seem to be lacking in decent delivery into the box ...offensively we were piss poor today against a team there for the taking .

2 minutes ago, snorkie said:

Far to many players wearing carpet slippers today for both teams ,it really does spoil any flow to the game . Quite happy with the point in the end ,very disappointed the way we reacted to going a man down ,sometimes it works to your advantage not today we just sat back deeper as the game went on . Hopkins needs to get the balance right ide drop miller and bring Mullin back in as we seem to be lacking in decent delivery into the box ...offensively we were piss poor today against a team there for the taking .

So drop the guy we'd play crosses to for the guy who plays the best crosses? I'd say we're better dropping Rafa who was shocking today

Dunfermline played some decent football today, big lad at the back was solid in the air, but his elbow was horrendous, Thomson's tackle was bad but was never a red, Ryan milked the challenge and made the most of it, don't like to see players doing that, get up and shake it off son, nothing wrong with you.

Few Pars players rolling about and falling to the ground, your lot are pretty good at winning fouls,  gotta give you that.

Poor performance from Livi today, but great defending and superb team spirit saw us battle to a good point, Pars probably the better team on the day though.

1 minute ago, ATLIS said:

So drop the guy we'd play crosses to for the guy who plays the best crosses? I'd say we're better dropping Rafa who was shocking today

Drop miller or Hardie ide drop miller ,both penalty box players but not getting the service ...didn’t really fizz any decent balls into the box today 

1 minute ago, snorkie said:

Drop miller or Hardie ide drop miller ,both penalty box players but not getting the service ...didn’t really fizz any decent balls into the box today 

I don't think we'd survive playing one up top, we need both playing off each other. 361 would get us nowhere

Wasn’t Rafa’s best game, but Mullin’s lack of defensive discipline would’ve lost us that game today. Let us down badly away to the Pars and at home to Falkirk in the Cup. Agreed we had nothing up front, but defensively I thought the three centre halves were as good as I’ve seen them. We will struggle like f**k when Halkett goes in the summer.

Thought Boyd was anonymous all game, been a very disappointing signing so far. Would love to be proved wrong but Robinson should be above him in the pecking order both in attack and in midfield.

Thought the referee was probably one of the best I've seen this season, Lee Miller should have been booked and the LWB for Livi should have been booked for the pull back on Williamson, however he done it so far away from the ball you can't blame the ref for not seeing. 

Good game though where he got most of the major decisions correct.

I agree he was ok but he missed lots of niggly pushing and shoving from livvy. St mirren seemed to get away with it a few weeks ago also. Things like taking out players off the ball, backing in (Lee miller) and clipping heels. Livvy make the best of what they have and fight for everything just barely on the right side of the rules. Mvoto got booked for trying to win a header beadling and Vincent pretty soft bookings. Clark was taken out about three or four times and nothing.

Just now, D.A.F.C said:

I agree he was ok but he missed lots of niggly pushing and shoving from livvy. St mirren seemed to get away with it a few weeks ago also. Things like taking out players off the ball, backing in (Lee miller) and clipping heels. Livvy make the best of what they have and fight for everything just barely on the right side of the rules. Mvoto got booked for trying to win a header beadling and Vincent pretty soft bookings. Clark was taken out about three or four times and nothing.

he got booked for a blatant elbow and then faked an injury after it

52 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Utterly bemused to find people complaining about the referee here.

I wouldn't have complained about the ref either if I was a Dunfermline fan. His inconsistency was in their favour. 

If the Johnston foul was a red then so we're two Dunfermline challenges in the first half. Ryan went down easy the whole game including once in the box when he must have anticipated a foul with nobody near him. And after the sending off he ran up the pitch right as rain after writhing about as if his leg was broken. 

Archived