Livingston v Dunfermline

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Johnston showing a real lack of ambition. Livi were backs to the wall after the red card, and he didn’t change things at all. Left exhausted players out there. Stuck with 4 at the back, against a team playing 6 at the back. We should have won that, but in reality, rarely troubled Livi.

26 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

That’s been coming all game. Horrible challenge. 2 match ban not enough for that. Ryan lucky not to have a broken leg.

Amazing how you can see that from the away end, I’m sat right in front of it, it’s a yellow card at most. 

Referee couldn’t wait to get the red out, was desperate to make it about him.

Amazing how you can see that from the away end, I’m sat right in front of it, it’s a yellow card at most. 

Yellow card at most? He went flying in at speed, and caught Ryan, with his studs, just below his knee. Was ridiculously late as well. Shocker of a challenge.

3 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Yellow card at most? He went flying in at speed, and caught Ryan, with his studs, just below his knee. Was ridiculously late as well. Shocker of a challenge.

Again I’m sat right in front of it, Thomson has went in at speed yes, is that not allowed ? He’s actually slipped before getting there and Ryan has actually ran into him. Its a yellow card. 

Anyway the game itself was really poor from both teams but dunfermline will be the far more disappointed after being the better team today. 

We didn’t come anywhere near the levels of last week and we’ve done really well to get a point from that. 

Very pleased with the effort and application but we didn’t play enough today, we made it far too easy for Dunfermline defensively and at no time did I feel we would score. 

Mots a good point and that’s 4 points from these two game which is a good return. 

St Mirren next week is a free game as far as I’m concerned, go and give it our best shot. 

Did you watch the entire game through binoculars?
Coz id get them cleaned if I was you...

Officials were awful for both teams.
Mvoto and their 31 should have been sent off twice over.

Personally thought the Thompson incident was borderline yellow/red, certainly the referee was convinced it was a red given he was straight over. Thought the officials were pish for both sides, still a bit stunned that Dunfermline weren’t shown a red in the first half.

Would’ve taken a draw before the game and given we’ve ended the game with a midfield three of De Vita, Pittman and Robinson, I’ll take it. Think Dunfermline could be playing until next Saturday and still wouldn’t score - Alexander wasn’t really troubled I thought.

Again I’m sat right in front of it, Thomson has went in at speed yes, is that not allowed ? He’s actually slipped before getting there and Ryan has actually ran into him. Its a yellow card.

You’re allowed to make a challenge at speed, yes. Are you allowed to go in, out of control, at knee height? No. He may have slipped, but I didn’t see a slip. All you could see from behind the challenge, including the referee’s view, is the boy going flying in at knee height, nowhere near the ball.

I also don’t think ‘slipping’ justifies taking a player out, just below the knee. He should have pulled out of the challenge, rather than extending his leg, if he slipped. I really can’t believe, in the 21st century, we have fans trying to defend a knee high challenge. Worth noting that a few neutrals came to the game with me, and all commented that it was a shocking challenge.

I’ll watch the highlights, and if it looks like he tried to pull out, I’ll accept my view was incorrect. But from my view at the game, it was a red card all day long.

Not even bothered about the result but seething (if someone finds a head, please return it) at the refereeing. He couldn't wait to get that red card out and was the kind of ref to give a foul if there was any noise about it, which worked well with the Pars fans screaming after every touch of the ball. 

^^^ seething, heads gone etc

Thought the referee was probably one of the best I've seen this season, Lee Miller should have been booked and the LWB for Livi should have been booked for the pull back on Williamson, however he done it so far away from the ball you can't blame the ref for not seeing. 

Good game though where he got most of the major decisions correct.

2 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Not even bothered about the result but seething (if someone finds a head, please return it) at the refereeing. He couldn't wait to get that red card out and was the kind of ref to give a foul if there was any noise about it, which worked well with the Pars fans screaming after every touch of the ball. 

^^^ seething, heads gone etc

You could tell the Livingston fans were going to have a major chip on there shoulder with the refereeing as soon as they were seething with the referee for correctly booking Byrne.

Utterly bemused to find people complaining about the referee here.

Archived