Jaggies v Staggies

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Virtual Insanity said:

Our compere is a total moron, sorry about that. 

It was a great aftrnoon, I'd look to book it again. Just thought your compare was going for the GIRFUY which was a bit strange given how good everything was between folk.

Well done on the win guys, hopefully we'll bin this disaster Coyle and get firing as a team again.

As a PS i'd be interested to see if Kelly's goal WAS offside, i didn't have he best view but we've "good" goals chopped off against hibs and hearts recently. When it's against you it's against you.

10 minutes ago, killie_lad said:
11 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:
Yep, absolute riddy.

You seem upset

I think you've confused sheer mortification for yet another Kilmarnock fan having to jump into another match thread desperate for attention because they've finally appointed a semi competent manager with tears. Easily done.

I think you've confused sheer mortification for yet another Kilmarnock fan having to jump into another match thread desperate for attention because they've finally appointed a semi competent manager with tears. Easily done.
I was going through match threads to see what was happening and said it as a joke you sad sack.

Thought the match was fairly 50/50 but we deserved it in the end. I said to my pals before the first goal the Davies was a quality defender but apparently not? Went absolutely fucking mental whenSammon scored, truly believe he was difference when he came on, would happily welcome Conor to a 2 year contract

27 minutes ago, Adrian Madaschi said:

Thought the match was fairly 50/50 but we deserved it in the end. I said to my pals before the first goal the Davies was a quality defender but apparently not? Went absolutely fucking mental whenSammon scored, truly believe he was difference when he came on, would happily welcome Conor to a 2 year contract

Sammon was immense today. Storey going off injured was a blessing in disguise.  Doolan seems to bring out the best in a strike partner when he plays.

That was a really comfortable, controlled performance yesterday. We never looked in any danger and we could have won by more. I was delighted when I saw the team announced as it was almos exactly how I’d have picked it.

Lawless and Barton were the standouts and Sammon was immense when he came on. It was particularly nice to see the moron who stands in front of me squirming when he scored as he’s spent the entire season picking on him and refusing to see anything postive in his performances.

I’ve been a huge critic of Archie recently but you can’t argue with his record in crunch ‘six pointers’ against fellow strugglers. We seem to have the beating of the bottom six sides at home which is massively important.

16 hours ago, frankthetank22 said:

Owen Coyle can fcuk right off. We have no midfield so he won't play jim O'Brien or Ross Draper, just the players we NEED in these type of games.

My team is bigger than Coyle's ego, MacGregor get him telt.

I have no explanation for Draper, but the rumour is that there is pressure to punt O'Brien for disciplinary reasons.  I didn't want to believe that but he hasn't started since.  He will strengthen another rival, which would be typical of County's ramshackle transfer strategy.

14 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

Great day in hospitality.  Mate's 50th and he sponsors Doolan every season so plenty of photos.

I must have had my back to you all afternoon then, I was looking out for your face but I was just across from you all along!  :lol:  My pal was the one who was on the end of the wind up, but took it in the good spirit it was intended.  

Andrew Davies has made more errors against Thistle than he has in the rest of his County career combined.  Despite him struggling to remain injury-free recently, and County being pish, it's not his fault that the club are bottom of the table, because he's had a very good and near error-free season.  Unfortunately, everything caught up with him horribly.  He's not finished any more than he was two months ago - he just can't play seven fixtures in a month anymore, which was meant to be one of the things Davies was happy to get away from when he moved from England.  Coyle hasn't had the luxury to rotate him out because McIntyre left Coyle with five senior defenders on the books.  Davies clearly ought to have missed out yesterday but the manager understandably felt he was needed.

I couldn't understand Coyle's strategy nor tactics yesterday, other than 'to match' Partick Thistle with the same formation.  What was the point in that?  I'm guessing it was a way to try to keep two strikers involved after having some success against St Johnstone.  It was pointless - how many times did either forward receive the ball at his feet?  I can't remember it happening, certainly in the second half.  The desperate long-ball stuff is a repeated failing of Coyle's teams in the last 10 years.  Seeing Routis hoof the ball when he is one of the more technically gifted players in the team was painful to watch.  With Gardyne playing off Mckay and Schalk, there were players there to turn Thistle's defence.  There was a wee spell in the first half where Schalk was occasionally getting into space goal-side, but on the whole the football from the rest of the team wasn't good enough to supply them.  As I thought might happen, Chow and Lindsay never really got going because they were matched by similar industry - St Johnstone's tiring midfield in midweek suited them better.

The team were fine enough in a nothing match until the Davies error, but as with the 1-0 on 19/12/15, Thistle were too well organised and set for the counter to lose the match after getting the opener from an error.  Storey's injury was a blessing in disguise for Thistle - Fraser could competently shepherd Storey into less dangerous areas, but wasn't a match for the pace and strength that Sammon has.  Thistle were going to win the game 1-0 quite comfortably, but Sammon changed the pattern of the game and his eventual goal should have been the hat-trick for a clinical striker.

I'm not sure about the surprise of Sammon being able to outrun defences - he's made a career out of that!  It wasn't like Grant Munro vs John Sutton.  County haven't had a player like that since Jordan Slew and that kind of profile should be top of the shopping list (along with cover for Davies, a fast winger etc etc).

Delighted with my Kingsley photo though.

12 hours ago, frankthetank22 said:

As a PS i'd be interested to see if Kelly's goal WAS offside, i didn't have he best view but we've "good" goals chopped off against hibs and hearts recently. When it's against you it's against you.

Thought he was just off would need to see it again though. Sure Schalk was a yard on for the one at the end of the first half although he missed it anyway. 

Archived