I Predict a riot... EEP 2/1/18

We were absolute dugshite today. Dunfermline deserved that, but didn't need to work that hard for it. 

The chants about Shiels, Norrie and the 'he's one of our own' to Sibbald after the final whistle were embarrassing AF. We're a massive hole here and no amount of bravado or 'banter' is going to paper over it.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So pissed off that site has been down, as needed to vent my anger at the pillock in the Falkirk end that thought throwing a coin at a ballboy was a good idea. And all the folk that must have stood idly by and did nothing to have this idiot lifted. At least due to the fact he had no accuracy, said ballboy is now £1 better off.

Absolute horror show from Mutch today. He'll have PTSD every time he sees a football from now on. I'm surprised Dunfermline didn't choose him as their man of the match.

Dunfermline deserved their win, thought Cardle was good and they defended well enough.

As for us, Tumilty and Sibbald had decent games but the rest of the side was fairly poor. Too many players not knowing each other so making the wrong pass/move guessing what their team mate would do. Muirheads distribution was atrocious from start to finish. Harris came on for half an hour and I'm not sure if he touched the ball or not.

Anyone get a good look at the Loy penalty shout?

YAAAAAASSSSSSS!!!!! UP YE INBREDS!!!!

Robinson was immense today, making 3 exceptional saves. Feared the worse when I saw M'Voto was starting but the big guy was immense today.

Great finish from Clark and nice from McManus. We invited pressure on after the second but, a great save and the shot off the post aside, Falkirk had nothing. We should have made it 3 when the Falkirk slipped on his arse.

Disappointed in our support today. A few of us in the Norrie tried to start loads of songs, almost throughout the match, but hardly anyone joined in. Our fans are fucking shite at getting behind the team.

Still, rooooooonnnnn the Falkirk scum. Was also disappointed not to see any of the Falkikr P&B fans; they got off from getting a hideous hiding

Thought the Pars 'keeper was brilliant, looked very safe. Thomson has his faults and I'm assuming that Hartley's fallen out with him but he certainly needs to start on Saturday as Mutch's confidence will be shot to f**k!

Thought we did enough to get a point and I got the feeling that Dunfermline would have shit themselves if we'd scored with Tummilty very unlucky not to have done so.

Of the new boys I thought Robson was best, looks like he could get up and down the flank all day and matched Williamson for the most part. Welsh looked off the pace a bit and Nelson, after a bright start, faded badly in the 2nd half. Was happier with Loy too as I thought he was quite influential when he came on. He was certainly impeded at the penalty claim; it was one of those where it looked like it was happening in slow motion with Loy ending up draped across the defender's leg for a moment.

We need to get another striker in sharpish because we need to start scoring very very soon and I rue the fact that we didn't push the boat out to keep Balatoni because Muirhead's distribution is brutal! It's mystifying to me that a guy who is so good at penalties can't seem to make an accurate 10 yard pass!

I thought that was a decent watch today.

Pleased with the points as I was a bit concerned going into it - I'm never confident in these games usually - but we started really well in the opening 20-25 minutes and deserved to be ahead.

Falkirk came back into it towards half-time and the save from Robinson right on the break was superb, but the striker really should be scoring.

We got the second one at the right time though and saw the game out well.  We were really unlucky when Cardle's shot hit the post and fell into the keeper's arms instead of at Clark's feet but they also hit the woodwork and Robinson had to make some good saves. Was a bit of a surprise to see him sign and immediately pitched in but he played very well.

As did big M'Voto - he was immense at the back. Won everything well and kept his defending simple. Excellent considering he's gone so long without game time. Shiels had a very good game, particularly given everything else going on.

Although I feel the team can still improve, it was a good team performance and a massive step in the right direction. The intensity in their play, particularly first half, was good to see.

I thought Falkirk played some decent stuff in patches but really needed to take the chance right on half-time. Even at 2-0 a goal would've made it nervy for us and there were chances there, but thankfully they didn't take them. Their keeper should be doing better at the first goal and I've no idea what he was doing right at the end where Ryan really should have shot towards the open net.

I was in the Norrie but thought both teams had a decent shout for a penalty, but would need to see them again as it was hard to tell.

I thought we deserved it and need to take it on into Saturday now.

Even with Falkirk being utter, utter shite there was still a concern going in to this as they seem to have our number in recent history. Not today. Get it right up yeez. 

Big Jock M'Voto is the love of my life. 

I thought that both Mvoto and Robinson were excellent today coming in from long spells without playing and Nicky Calrk and McManus were troublesome up top.

Saying that Falkirk were pretty poor especially their keeper who could still be playing and wouldn't of made a save yet, but what I can't believe is that today in the 21st Century people are sitting by while folk throw eyes onto the pitch and I think Falkirk statements its good and that it was indeed a minority of fans by what about the folk sitting there watching it happen why did no one get out their seat and point out the few guys who were singing vile songs and throwing stuff at players. It was like having Celtic or Rangers come to town and Falkirk I hope are better than that!

January is a big month for Dunfermline hopefully that is the catalyst to kick us on.

Archived