Queens v Dumbarton

Really need a win here but when you give poor goals away you are going to struggle.Easy excuse is that we have a few key players out with injury but our defending has been very poor just can't seem to defend a corner .Would live a win but not looking likely just now 

I agree nade is finished he’s three stones overweight and brings nothing to the table walks about during games as he won’t or can’t run at all  but as regarding the lad smith that’s not his position and was one of our best players last season

Edited by Rangeman

2 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

I can hardly contain myself.

Do we still have Kane and Kerr for this before they return to StJ.

If we don`t we have 3 fit defenders all 3 of whom were dreadful today.

That plus a keeper who is bereft of any confidence and/or is truly shite.

I can hardly wait either

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

56 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Do we still have Kane and Kerr for this before they return to StJ.

If we don`t we have 3 fit defenders all 3 of whom were dreadful today.

That plus a keeper who is bereft of any confidence and/or is truly shite.

I can hardly wait either

I think the first choice defence compensated for Martin, for the most part.  Saying that, I think even with all 4 of them playing, everybody knows how to score against us now. I’d go as far as to say if we had the current defence for the rest of the season, we’d be in the relegation play-offs.

In order to win the last 2 games, we needed to score 8 goals. I mean, Dobbie is good, but that is ridiculous. And 13 conceded in the last 6 games is just shite by anybody’s standards. If replicated across a season, that would be 78 against. Brechin are on schedule for 82.

I agree nade is finished he’s three stones overweight and brings nothing to the table walks about during games as he won’t or can’t run at all  but as regarding the lad smith that’s not his position and was one of our best players last season

Woah there, I must’ve missed the bit where I said he was finished...

He’s a quality player, but we absolutely need to play to his strengths. He might be a unit, but a targetman he ain’t. He’s far better if we can get the ball into his chest/feet - as illustrated by his performance against Brechin back in September.

I like David Smith. He did us a real turn last season at RB too - but he’s never a left-back and I suspect Queens will target that just as Livi (eventually) did.

Is it likely Dumbarton's new signing will be straight into the starting 11 for this one. This game is making me nervous. If we win we can keep that comfortable distance between us and relegation play-off. Lose and I think we be looking over our shoulders at those behind.

Is it likely Dumbarton's new signing will be straight into the starting 11 for this one. This game is making me nervous. If we win we can keep that comfortable distance between us and relegation play-off. Lose and I think we be looking over our shoulders at those behind.

Assuming all the paperwork is complete aye, he’ll be straight in.

This isn't going to be good is it?

I dread to even think what defence is going to take the field for us.  In midfield I can see us pairing Rankin and Tapping and playing Thomson wide left to allow Dykes to take Kane's place up front.

It's all about damage limitation just now until we can get a few bodies in the door.  Once again I would bite your hand off for a draw.

49 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

This isn't going to be good is it?

I dread to even think what defence is going to take the field for us.  In midfield I can see us pairing Rankin and Tapping and playing Thomson wide left to allow Dykes to take Kane's place up front.

It's all about damage limitation just now until we can get a few bodies in the door.  Once again I would bite your hand off for a draw.

Is Kane not available for this? :unsure2:

Eta OS just says that Faddy’s contract is up.

http://www.qosfc.com/news-3864

Eta (again) first team squad of 14 available for this.

Edited by Flash

Is Kane not available for this? :unsure2:
Eta OS just says that Faddy’s contract is up.
http://www.qosfc.com/news-3864
Eta (again) first team squad of 14 available for this.

I had just assumed he wasn’t as it had been asked a few times and the silence was defeaning.

Kerr and Kane being available makes it slightly less daunting a prospect. Only marginally though.

9 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

I had just assumed he wasn’t as it had been asked a few times and the silence was defeaning.

Kerr and Kane being available makes it slightly less daunting a prospect. Only marginally though.

Indeed. We still have Martin and the League 1 defence to worry about, averaging more than 2 goals against in each of the last 6 games. Only Brechin have conceded more over that period. Eta we’ve won 1 home league game since we played Dumbarton back in August.

Edited by Flash

Getting a left-back or midfielder signed up before this would be lovely. Failing that a long 90 minutes of Scott Mercer at left-back and long aimless balls punted at Dykes looks to be in store.
I can hardly contain myself.

Things look so bad I predict a thrilling 4-3 win with all the trimmings, red cards, disallowed penalties, streaker, wonder saves, a Dobbie hat-trick and myself to win the half-time draw for £37.50.

It is interesting that the end date of the loans seems to be a closely guarded secret. Very odd.

8 minutes ago, Hawk said:

Time to get back to winning ways, haven't a clue what the team will be or who we'll have to fill the bench. Maybe a few locals should take their boots just in case!

2-1 Queens.

I would love to play but my legs are shot. I was a cross between JT and chopper Dickson.