Fridges

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 05/01/2018 at 21:17, statts1976uk said:

Incorrect

“ The law does not identify a maximum weight limit. It places duties on employers to manage or control risk; measures to take to meet this duty will vary depending on the circumstances of the task. Things to be considered will include the individual carrying out the handling operation, e g strength, fitness, underlying medical conditions, the weight to be lifted and distance to be carried, the nature of the load or the postures to be adopted or the availability of equipment to facilitate the lift.”

http://www.hse.gov.uk/msd/faq-manhand.htm

Interesting. It was some guy from Currys that told a woman that 25kg was the maximum one man could legally carry. Upon a quick research it seems 25kg is just guidance, and not actual law. I don't think the problem is the delivery men. Each company seems to have  a different delivery policy. Some think your front door is far enough, and others deliver to your room of choice.

Received my third and final fridge today. I say final, because even though it looks like it's been dragged through a  hedge backwards, I can't go through the returns process again. It's clearly scratched, bevelled on both sides, the doors dont meet in a straight line, and to top it all, the thing that holds the eggs is too big to fit anywhere (fortunately I normally keep my eggs boxed). At this point I'm convinced they're just sending me every shite fridge thats ever been returned to them, hoping I lose heart and accept one. Either that or I'm on some type of Jeremy Beadle show.

I got £70 off a fridge that now sells for £200, so I think it's best just to move on. Cant really blame Argos too much. They tried their best and it seems that it's their supplier, Russel Hobbs, that have an excess of damaged goods they're trying to fob off on innocent customers.

Be aware.

9 minutes ago, WeWereThePeople said:

Received my third and final fridge today. I say final, because even though it looks like it's been dragged through a  hedge backwards, I can't go through the returns process again. It's clearly scratched, bevelled on both sides, the doors dont meet in a straight line, and to top it all, the thing that holds the eggs is too big to fit anywhere (fortunately I normally keep my eggs boxed). At this point I'm convinced they're just sending me every shite fridge thats ever been returned to them, hoping I lose heart and accept one. Either that or I'm on some type of Jeremy Beadle show.

I got £70 off a fridge that now sells for £200, so I think it's best just to move on. Cant really blame Argos too much. They tried their best and it seems that it's their supplier, Russel Hobbs, that have an excess of damaged goods they're trying to fob off on innocent customers.

Be aware.

Thanks for the fridge tips. 

Bookmarked.

Archived