Fridges

January 3rd 2018

Recieved a text message this morning informing me my replacement fridge will not now in fact be delivered on the 4th January. It will be delivered by their "trusty" 3rd party supplier who will contact me to arrange delivery up to 2 days before 13th january. Not even sure what that means. No word on when they will be collecting the 2 fridges I'm kindly storing for them.

In reply to the inquiries on this thread;

I haven't seen the movie "Sunshine", so can't comment about any similarity between my damaged fridge and any visuals in this movie.

I'm painfully aware that milk left uncooled goes bad, but I suspect that you posted some double-entendre that I rarely get. Not a fan of that genre of comedy. No offence.

I'm not a troll/ex poster/crank.

In other news, my original fridge has began to function like an acceptable cooling aid again, freezing and cooling in the correct compartments. I suspect it's a final act of defiance or some sort awareness it's about to be replaced. It's not be trusted though, it has done this before.

In all seriousness, this is terrible service from a large company, which I thought had a good reputation. They're behaving like some cowboy internet based site, and I would have cancelled this order if they were. I'm curious to when I will finally have 1 fully functioning fridge again, and not 3 fridges in various states of disrepair.

I suspect Brexit is to blame for this in some way, although I have no evidence for this.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I'm a bit disappointed by the cynicism on here.

If I had a problem with a fridge the first thing I would do would be to open an account on a football forum that I had never had an account on previously and ask for advice.

It could all have been done more subtly.

For example:

"I went to the game between ICT and Livingston.  Pleased it was not as cold as it might have been although I wrapped warm up as much as possible, including some new thick socks that I got for Christmas.  Game was quite entertaining but I am not sure that Vigurs deserved to be sent off.

Speaking of things that were not as cold as they might have been, I have been having some problems with my fridge.
Can anybody offer any advice?"

Of course, you would then get people saying to park it outside the stadium - and don't bother to plug it in.
That would be my advice.

1 hour ago, WeWereThePeople said:

January 3rd 2018

Recieved a text message this morning informing me my replacement fridge will not now in fact be delivered on the 4th January. It will be delivered by their "trusty" 3rd party supplier who will contact me to arrange delivery up to 2 days before 13th january. Not even sure what that means. No word on when they will be collecting the 2 fridges I'm kindly storing for them.

In reply to the inquiries on this thread;

I haven't seen the movie "Sunshine", so can't comment about any similarity between my damaged fridge and any visuals in this movie.

I'm painfully aware that milk left uncooled goes bad, but I suspect that you posted some double-entendre that I rarely get. Not a fan of that genre of comedy. No offence.

I'm not a troll/ex poster/crank.

In other news, my original fridge has began to function like an acceptable cooling aid again, freezing and cooling in the correct compartments. I suspect it's a final act of defiance or some sort awareness it's about to be replaced. It's not be trusted though, it has done this before.

In all seriousness, this is terrible service from a large company, which I thought had a good reputation. They're behaving like some cowboy internet based site, and I would have cancelled this order if they were. I'm curious to when I will finally have 1 fully functioning fridge again, and not 3 fridges in various states of disrepair.

I suspect Brexit is to blame for this in some way, although I have no evidence for this.

Can't you put all three together, and make one fully-functioning unit?

20 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

I'm confused by this idea that it needs two people to lift a fridge.

Didn't we establish that anyone can lift anything, since it's just down to angles and stuff?

The guy that delivered the second fridge brought it 50 yards to my front door solo, although judging by the dents in the fridge I'm assuming he dragged it up the 6 steps like a dead body.

4th January 2018

In the last 24 hours, I have received 2 e-mails, one phone call, and 4 text messages relating to this farce. The upshot of it all is, something is happening today between the hours of 12-30 and 2-30. This could range from the collection of one fridge, to the collection of all fridges and the delivery of my new fridge. I'm not getting my hopes up, as the communications have been somewhat contradictory.

In other news, I awoke to rock hard spreadable butter again this morning, which ruined my morning toast. These large national companies dont realise the effect their behaviour has on real lives. I JUST WANT A FRIDGE.

Finally, can the celtic supporter that commented in this thread please refrain from doing so in future. I've got enough issues without reading your bigoted nonsense, thanks.

21 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

I'm confused by this idea that it needs two people to lift a fridge.

Didn't we establish that anyone can lift anything, since it's just down to angles and stuff?

Anyone can lift anything?  So these things are just there for show?

Harland.jpg

My last fridge from AO came with a dent in the side. They gave me £50 off which was fine as you couldn't see the dent when it was in place.
£50 scenes.

My last purchase was a Hoover tumble dryer. No dramas. Arrived on time. Their App is a bit shit, in that the arrival time changes wildly every few minutes, but that apart they do okay.

1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

Which well known High Street retailer was this?

I didn't want to name and shame them, because generally they are good to deal with, and always sort out any problems, but after my recent encounter, which will be detailed below, it's fucking Argos.

Just had 2 delivery men come to pick up one of the fridges. One of them informed me at the door that they're not supposed to carry anything on stairs, due to health and safety. I told him I wasn't informed of this, and i would've had it downstairs had I known. He then storms up the stair, eyes the fridge, and proceeds to rip it out it's packaging, and carries it down the stairs on his own, while the other guy rolled his eyes and got me to sign for it. Absolute fanny behaviour. Tempted to give him a bad review, but i'm no grass.

Just off the phone to them, and was informed the other fridge will be collected on 8th January, and my new fridge delivered on the same day. Something about 3rd party suppliers. Fingers crossed for Monday.

Archived