DFC -vs- DAFC

Davie Smith failing to stop Cardle doing the only fucking thing he does is criminal to be honest, as good as the finish is.

We need squad additions. Morrison has put the effort in but he's not good enough. Roy appears to be going back to Hearts for some strange reason. Calum Gallagher just doesn't have a purpose. Handling and Froxy won't ever be fit enough to play every week IMO. We defend well enough in most ganes but when all of your attacking threat is Tom Walsh and an occasional foray forward from Stuart Carswell, we have a major problem. Although I did think Nade done well when he came on, he maybe still has something to offer.

I am slightly worried that Stevie talks about possibly needing another defender after yesterdays game. Dowie was excellent yesterday and if he's out for some time we could be utterly fucked, especially if we need to spend what little budget we have left on filling that gap. The last 3 weeks have not been fun.

On a positive note, I must have drank a vat of gin yesterday and I feel fucking great today (possibly still drunk). Small victories.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just heard roy was one of the ones who was ill last week but still played to be slated by certain people on here well all I say is well done to him for trying  but unfortunately he got injured last week and couldn’t play yesterday and boy did wee need him cause he is the one person who can rip a defence to shreds and score and Dunfermline were slow at the back but not to be if he’s allowed to leave  and wardrop  and Walsh i see us slipping back down the league  but wouldn’t blame him as he’s not getting enough game time  as his game is football  but where wee play the punt up  when will this stop 

1 minute ago, Rangeman said:

Just heard roy was one of the ones who was ill last week but still played to be slated by certain people on here well all I say is well done to him for trying  but unfortunately he got injured last week and couldn’t play yesterday and boy did wee need him cause he is the one person who can rip a defence to shreds and score and Dunfermline were slow at the back but not to be if he’s allowed to leave  and wardrop  and Walsh i see us slipping back down the league  but wouldn’t blame him as he’s not getting enough game time  as his game is football  but where wee play the punt up  when will this stop 

You told us that last week meight. Would I be correct to assume that you are a friend/relative of Ally Roy? He's only showed brief glimpses of being able to 'rip a defence to shreds and score' in a Sons shirt.

Wardrop isn't going anywhere either, his loan is until the end of the season. 

Punctuate!

No none of these and didn’t realise wardrop was here till end but as u like froxy does that make you his Cypriot cousin I just see something in him which if he got run of games could be a player for us I think the boy Johnson too might do something if given longer time he was a standout in pre season but he’s a bag of nerves  now due to no game time

10 minutes ago, Rangeman said:

No none of these and didn’t realise wardrop was here till end but as u like froxy does that make you his Cypriot cousin I just see something in him which if he got run of games could be a player for us I think the boy Johnson too might do something if given longer time he was a standout in pre season but he’s a bag of nerves  now due to no game time

In my dreams.

Roy strikes me as the sort of guy who would shine if he didn't have defensive responsibilities. He's been unfortunate in that his three loan spells have all been at clubs struggling at the wrong end of their respective leagues, but ultimately that's why he isn't in our team. Imo he's probably our best finisher, but he offers his full-back so little protection that he (for want of a better term) can't be trusted by Stevie. I reckon at a club chasing promotion in L1/L2 he'd probably do very well though.

Johnston was a strange signing and, other than a good showing at Rugby Park, has done little to convince me otherwise. 

Well hey ho  you never no I liked the boy oli shaw and  the lad struggled on loan at clubs people said he was no good and wasnt defensive  which he isn’t but look at him now first team player and new three year contract  think that’s all I need to say 

In my dreams.

Roy strikes me as the sort of guy who would shine if he didn't have defensive responsibilities. He's been unfortunate in that his three loan spells have all been at clubs struggling at the wrong end of their respective leagues, but ultimately that's why he isn't in our team. Imo he's probably our best finisher, but he offers his full-back so little protection that he (for want of a better term) can't be trusted by Stevie. I reckon at a club chasing promotion in L1/L2 he'd probably do very well though.

Johnston was a strange signing and, other than a good showing at Rugby Park, has done little to convince me otherwise. 

I am a fan of Roy, I must admit. I would definitely keep him and feel that we were crying out for his pace yesterday but obviously he was injured. Defensively I don’t think he’s as bad as made out. He works hard but doesn’t read the play very well. He is inconsistent, no doubt about it. Rangerman does seem a bit biased and his grammar is so awful I’m not sure if he’s on the wind up or not.

1 minute ago, Rangeman said:

Well hey ho  you never no I liked the boy oli shaw and  the lad struggled on loan at clubs people said he was no good and wasnt defensive  which he isn’t but look at him now first team player and new three year contract  think that’s all I need to say 

Actually I remember @Francesc Fabregas saying that Shaw would've been a far better signing than Roy when he joined up in July. He's more of a natural striker too, so tracking full-backs on the overlap isn't as important.

I'll be honest though, I find it a bit of a coincidence that you picked a guy who was Roy's teammate last year out of the blue to compare him with.

6 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Up until the last few weeks I've been thinking we just need a new striker. We do need a new striker but that's not going to solve the sheer inability to create anything in the final third.

Gallagher and Wilson simply aren't good enough for this level, certainly not as starters. Walsh was in fine form playing through the middle and all of a sudden we've decided to shunt him back out wide. I understand injuries had a big part to play in that yesterday but there have been other games recently where Stevie wasn't forced into it.

This may sound harsh, especially after only getting 30 mins yesterday, but Handling looks like an absolute shitebag. He ducks and dives from everything. Not convinced.

A new winger and striker is the absolute minimum required IMO.

I totally agree about Walsh.  The only creative player we have got playing through the middle. I thought stevie would see by now that all attaching threats comes through him and play him there all the time.

5 minutes ago, Rangeman said:

What on earth are you talking about, "Rangeman"? Oli Shaw was tremendous at Stenhousemuir last season, the only club he's been out on loan at, and was the key player in our (ultimately unsuccessful) relegation battle.

Think before you try to contribute.

6 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

What on earth are you talking about, "Rangeman"? Oli Shaw was tremendous at Stenhousemuir last season, the only club he's been out on loan at, and was the key player in our (ultimately unsuccessful) relegation battle.

Think before you try to contribute.

I've spotted the flaw there, Francesc.

1 hour ago, Rangeman said:

Passed out before I got to the end.

Oh aye, I was gutted at the lack of Cardle vs Hill action. Surprised DH didn't ask to be full-back for this game alone. 

Archived