Champions elect V Playoff chasing Ayr

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just looking at the fixtures, if we build up a 10+ point lead or so we could win the league at Somerset. What a day that would be.

For selfish reasons, I'd rather it was any other game, that we won the league( if we were to win the league of course).

Ayr away on the 10th March is the only game I can't make between now and the end of the season.

We could be second by 5pm today and we have folk discussing winning the league when there will be 21 points still to play for.  This time last month there was people wanting our manager sacked and we were certainties for the play offs 

We could be second by 5pm today and we have folk discussing winning the league when there will be 21 points still to play for.  This time last month there was people wanting our manager sacked and we were certainties for the play offs 

21 points? That’s just 7 games.

Ayr have played 21 games and we’ve played 19.

Currently 51 points for us to play for and 45 for Ayr to play for.

It's been a crazy few weeks, and even winning today could well see us 2nd in another few weeks.

Heard on Sportsound that Ayr are averaging 3 goals a game away from home. That's absolutely mental.

Even with the injuries Ayr have, there are enough quality players in that team to hurt us today.

It would be great to win and get over that defeat in November, but we are already in afar better place than I feared we might be - so nothing gets decided today.

It's pretty much a shoot out between us and Ayr for the title this season. The games against each other have helped determine momentum so far. We won the first game and kicked on, they won the second and did the same. Thankfully they've had a horrible Christmas period and handed the momentum back to us so today isn't as crucial as it might have been.  Even a defeat today isn't the end of the world so we should be confident 

2-1 Rovers

2 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

It's pretty much a shoot out between us and Ayr for the title this season. The games against each other have helped determine momentum so far. We won the first game and kicked on, they won the second and did the same. Thankfully they've had a horrible Christmas period and handed the momentum back to us so today isn't as crucial as it might have been.  Even a defeat today isn't the end of the world so we should be confident 

2-1 Rovers

We have actually kicked on most of all since they beat us. We've won 6 from 7 since then. 

12 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

21 points? That’s just 7 games.

Ayr have played 21 games and we’ve played 19.

Currently 51 points for us to play for and 45 for Ayr to play for.

There was talk of us wining the league at Ayr in March, there is 7 games left to play after that fixture 

This is getting stupid. No-one has won the league yet and i suggest it will go right down to the wire. I wish people would have a little more timerity and accept that either one of us can and will the league. What important right now is we all get right behind the rovers. Its us fans that will ultimately decide who wins the league, so get right behind the team no matter what happens.

Scrap the match today everyone, it's not the players, or even managers who will decide the league, it's the fans :wacko:

As for the result today, even if we lost wouldn't be a disaster but the worry would be that Ayr gain some impetus from that and then go on another run of wins to put the pressure on us. 

15 minutes ago, Varna Rover said:

This is getting stupid. No-one has won the league yet and i suggest it will go right down to the wire. I wish people would have a little more timerity and accept that either one of us can and will the league. What important right now is we all get right behind the rovers. Its us fans that will ultimately decide who wins the league, so get right behind the team no matter what happens.

The fans can’t ultimately decide who wins the title.  It’s down to the players on the park who decide surely. The fans could have an influence though, I’m guessing this is what you mean. Sorry to be pedantic. 

Regardless of what happens today, I still think we’ll win the league. I even said it when Ayr were starting to pull away from us.

41 minutes ago, Wardy said:

The fans can’t ultimately decide who wins the title.  It’s down to the players on the park who decide surely. The fans could have an influence though, I’m guessing this is what you mean. Sorry to be pedantic. 

Regardless of what happens today, I still think we’ll win the league. I even said it when Ayr were starting to pull away from us.

Yes that is exactly what i meant. Maybe worded badly on my part, but hey ho when your nearly 76 allowances are called for.:whistle:thumsup2

1 hour ago, CALDERON said:

We have actually kicked on most of all since they beat us. We've won 6 from 7 since then. 

Didn’t realise that. Just shows you how your perception gets warped. I guess I had the Airdrie game and the postponements/them pulling away front of mind. 

Will be interesting to see how today’s game shapes up. We lost at Somerset because we had an appalling first 45 minutes where we weren’t in the game and didn’t compete effectively. Can’t see us being that ineffectual at home.  The image of Smith rooted to his line at crosses still strikes fear into my heart but hopefully we have enough upfront to compensate 

In the Courier today Davidson said a draw would be a good result. I hope the team isnt going to go out and play it cagey, we need to get in about them, knowing theyre nervous about their recent form, missing players and the points gap if they lose.

36 minutes ago, Big Berk said:

In the Courier today Davidson said a draw would be a good result. I hope the team isnt going to go out and play it cagey, we need to get in about them, knowing theyre nervous about their recent form, missing players and the points gap if they lose.

Reverse psychology, methinks, on Davidson's part!

I think we will win and play well today.

Archived