A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

10 hours ago, Specky Ginger said:

I'm not sure about the Alex Stuart situation, but I'm trying to work out who Ayr would have been playing on the day Hugh Sproat was wearing a red jersey.

He always wore green against the currant buns and blue against the jungle Jims.

As an aside to this, I had a fair few football cards during his era and he seemed to have a red jersey on more often than not.  In fact, I don't recall him in any other colour. 

18 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Can this be true?

The Panini album sticker book, presumably 1978 edition, blurb under the Ayr United Aberdeen-born manager Alex Stuart says he rejected the Aberdeen job in 1977, who then turned to Billy McNeill whilst Stuart left Ayr United a year later to take over at St Johnstone...

Can anyone draw more light on this?

ayr.thumb.jpg.d6e74ec3356bec98270536ec4f2d4b23.jpg

Rikki Fleming looking like he's the fifth McGann brother in that picture.

On 18/06/2023 at 17:54, Dundee Hibernian said:

Took me a time to (maybe) work out who this is, on the front cover of a 1971 Football Scot

CUgUODYWIAA44rO.thumb.jpg.238c9da843e529e29b67b04eade1bbff.jpg

I think it's Dumbarton's Peter Coleman, happy to be corrected.

My favourite memory of the wee man dates from 30th March 1974 when he scored an absolute reeker of a 30-yard equaliser into the postage stamp at Parkhead in a very entertaining 3-3 league match.  Celtic's scorers were Deans, Wilson and Dalglish, whilst the McAdam brothers scored Sons other two, with Willie Wallace playing against his old club.  As the pic shows Celtic wore an unusual strip of green and black stripes which I don't think featured too often.

74 Parkhead.jpg

74 Parkhead 2.jpg

On 19/06/2023 at 17:42, Bogbrush1903 said:

Can this be true?

The Panini album sticker book, presumably 1978 edition, blurb under the Ayr United Aberdeen-born manager Alex Stuart says he rejected the Aberdeen job in 1977, who then turned to Billy McNeill whilst Stuart left Ayr United a year later to take over at St Johnstone...

Can anyone draw more light on this?

ayr.thumb.jpg.d6e74ec3356bec98270536ec4f2d4b23.jpg

I like that they got davie wells from netherthird city

2 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

My favourite memory of the wee man dates from 30th March 1974 when he scored an absolute reeker of a 30-yard equaliser into the postage stamp at Parkhead in a very entertaining 3-3 league match.  Celtic's scorers were Deans, Wilson and Dalglish, whilst the McAdam brothers scored Sons other two, with Willie Wallace playing against his old club.  As the pic shows Celtic wore an unusual strip of green and black stripes which I don't think featured too often.

74 Parkhead.jpg

74 Parkhead 2.jpg

Back in the days when you could change ends at Celtic Park

20 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I take it you've checked the thread title ?

Yes I have, thanks. Does it mean I’m obligated to enjoy every different genre of pic in the thread?

31 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Yes I have, thanks. Does it mean I’m obligated to enjoy every different genre of pic in the thread?

No but you could check out the ground redevelopment before and after pics niche thread if that's what floats your boat.  You might need to start it though. 

2 minutes ago, Mr Meeker said:

No but you could check out the ground redevelopment before and after pics niche thread if that's what floats your boat.  You might need to start it though. 

I’ll stick to scrolling past the pics of Jock McTartan playing for Auchenshuggle Rovers in the 1736 cup final and look for the interesting stuff.

8 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Nope, but you don't need to advertise it.  And your posts are getting in the road of fascinating football action pictures.

I’ll advertise it if I want to, brother.