A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

On 01/08/2024 at 10:36, Eednud said:

On this day in 1978 Dundee beat Rothes 5-4 in a pre-season friendly but looking at the other scores reminded me that I was in Clydebank for work so went to Kilbowie to watch Clydebank lose 0-1 to Watford. Luther Blissett was one of the subs for Watford but can’t recall if he came on. It was a cold dull night as was the game.

IMG_2158.jpeg

Ross County 2 Dumbarton 7

....slips away quietly to a corner to weep.

30 minutes ago, megaspinnernet2 said:

Jim McLean talks to United fans on the terracing  in 1983

JS57580260.webp

Couple of guys have brought their radios with them to keep up with happenings elsewhere!

19 hours ago, megaspinnernet2 said:

Scottish league 1971

948c9c460d32a5f5599ccb7587bd2c92.jpg

Trainers : Jock Wallace and Ronnie McKenzie, Keith McRae (Motherwell), David Hay (Celtic), Bobby Clark (Aberdeen), Tom Forsyth (Motherwell), Ronnie McKinnon (Rangers), Davie Robb (Aberdeen), George Connelly (Celtic), Billy Dickson (Kilmarnock), Manager Bobby Brown.
Front row : Drew Jarvie (Airdrie), Tommy McLean (Rangers), Jim Brogan and Tommy Callaghan (both Celtic), Donald Ford (Hearts) and Quinton Young (Ayr United).

John White in action for Spurs in their 3-1 defeat of Burnley in the 1962 FA Cup Final. This is from an interesting BBC article on his son who was only 6 months old when lightning struck. I’m lucky enough to have seen John White in action on TV for both Scotland and the great Spurs teams of the early 60’s. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/cv2gd3jr387o

IMG_2163.webp

On 29/07/2024 at 21:16, Bogbrush1903 said:

I had a look at a few players in that Airdrieonians (1878-2002) team pic, and I hadn't heard of a Jonquin before erroneously spelt in the pic below...

Jonquin was never booked in his career (although he did receive a straight red on 286 occasions).

And what is the material that strip is made with!? It looks like a flag.

Has there been any other Jonquins in Scottish Football?

6a51330bf9dc729213147df49f91d45a.jpg.9c78972a61d15584fb726d2732da2309.jpg

Just seen this post. Not the most flattering photo of Paul. You might have seen his wiki page, which ironically tells you be was a photographer. In his defence, I think i remember that he was a medical photographer rather than a portrait one. He was consistency personified, but died very young.