What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

16 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

it only came to mind when I skimmed the Aberdeen - Rangers* thread there and saw the mention of "only 4 televised games per season", but was there not some kind of farce over a Hibs/Hearts game post-split which would have mathematically confirmed Hearts relegation?

iirc Hibs wanted the game televised but weren't allowed to due to contractual issues.

If it had been on the telly, Hibs would have won, stayed up, and never won the Cup in 2016.

Faycal Rherras quote from an interview reminiscing about sitting on our bench.

“When Jason Cummings scored the first goal I saw the way the fans reacted in the stands and after that I didn’t really see the game, I was too busy watching the Hibs supporters!”

6 hours ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

it only came to mind when I skimmed the Aberdeen - Rangers* thread there and saw the mention of "only 4 televised games per season", but was there not some kind of farce over a Hibs/Hearts game post-split which would have mathematically confirmed Hearts relegation?

iirc Hibs wanted the game televised but weren't allowed to due to contractual issues.

Not sure if it's the same incident you're thinking of, but on the final day of 2013/14 we played Hibs at Easter Road in a relegation play-off decider.  They had to win to overtake us, otherwise they were doomed to 11th place and a play-off (which they obviously went on to lose to Hamilton).  All of the final day fixtures were scheduled in advance as 12:30 kick-offs on the Saturday so that one could be televised.  However, Hibs had already hosted the contractually obliged number of home games for TV, and therefore refused to allow it to be shown.

Image result for terry butcher

Sacked for being an absolutely horrific manager by Coventry, Sunderland, Sydney, Brentford and Newport County, at least three times after only a few months in charge for being so bad.

In Scotland, mainly a success and appointed Assistant Manager of the national team.

terry-butcher.jpg?v=001
Sacked for being an absolutely horrific manager by Coventry, Sunderland, Sydney, Brentford and Newport County, at least three times after only a few months in charge for being so bad.
In Scotland, mainly a success and appointed Assistant Manager of the national team.

I was never that bothered by him untill he got a few gigs at BT, an atrocious pundit/co-commentator as is Mcleish.

1 hour ago, 7-2 said:

Image result for terry butcher

Proper legend our Tel :wub: