What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

2 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Easy for you to say

I've been calling it mickey mouse cup since it was first devalued in 1991

Your arguments make some logical sense and I commend you on how you put them forward, but are you seriously saying I should suddenly become a hypocrite on this issue? 

You're allowed to change your opinions once age and maturity set in.

10 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Easy for you to say

I've been calling it mickey mouse cup since it was first devalued in 1991

Your arguments make some logical sense and I commend you on how you put them forward, but are you seriously saying I should suddenly become a hypocrite on this issue? 

Is the League Cup still played? My personal opinion is that it has been a reserve team cup since 26/10/91 and is now essentially a youth competition.

Glad to hear it's still on the go.

* I reserve the right to hold this competition in similar esteem to the Champions League should this suit my agenda at any point in the future.

Edited by VincentGuerin

12 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

It ceased to be a "major" trophy the moment they took away the continental qualification for the winner. It doesn't even carry any significant prize money, so evidently it's not even considered a prestige trophy by those who organise, or sponsor it. 

The change to the pre-season format was overdue and welcome, but that in and of itself betrays the fact it just does not carry the same importance as the two genuinely "major" honours. The fact there is the arse-end of a knock-out competition tacked on just further saturates a calendar that already contains far too much football. If the whole competition disappeared tomorrow it wouldn't be missed.

Presumably the people who still regard it as "major" also consider the Tennent's Sixes a "major" trophy? After all, it was a national competition.

No, the Tennents Sixes included teams by invitation.  The League cup is for all members of the Scottish Professional Football League.  It's obviously the third competition behind the league and the Scottish Cup but it's a major competition.  

1 minute ago, VincentGuerin said:

Is the League Cup still played? My personal opinion is that it has been a reserve team cup since 26/10/91 and is now essentially a youth competition.

It is, aye, although my team decided to bow out at the group stage this season in order to concentrate on the far more prestigious Forfarshire Cup, which I believe is still played for once every ten seasons or so.

16 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

It is, aye, although my team decided to bow out at the group stage this season in order to concentrate on the far more prestigious Forfarshire Cup, which I believe is still played for once every ten seasons or so.

Doesn't happen every year?  A bit like the world Cup then!

20 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

* I reserve the right to hold this competition in similar esteem to the Champions League should this suit my agenda at any point in the future.

My plan should we win the League cup is to turn up for the celebration but wearing Mickey Mouse ears

Just now, topcat(The most tip top) said:

My plan should we win the League cup is to turn up for the celebration but wearing Mickey Mouse ears

Pfffft. What gravity to attach to the diddy cup.

I'd show up with Mickey Mouse ears, doing a Mickey Mouse voice, and holding a tin pot in each hand.

If I even turned up, of course. There might be something average on the telly.

2 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

If I even turned up, of course. There might be something average on the telly.

I'm assuming that it would happen before the next home game at Tynecastle so we'd be heading down there anyway

You only get a parade for major trophies

1 minute ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I'm assuming that it would happen before the next home game at Tynecastle so we'd be heading down there anyway

You only get a parade for major trophies

Imagine the laugh they'd get at the station if anyone phoned the Police up trying to sort a parade for the League Cup. You'd probably get a caution for prank calling them. Unless you played for Rangers. They'd just get a talking to with no caution.

Edited by VincentGuerin

19 hours ago, SteelyDosser said:

That's AI surely?

You can usually spot an AI photo as the people will have extra/missing fingers, or very weird looking faces.

Doesn't help with photos of Rangers fans mind.

Edited by LiviLion

1 hour ago, LiviLion said:

You can usually spot an AI photo as the people will extra/missing fingers, or very weird looking faces.

Doesn't help with photos of Rangers fans mind.

I tried to figure out where it's come from 

And I think the original image may be of Hartlepool United Fans
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/32447466

FB_IMG_1699561016485.thumb.jpg.1e02e85e6f9494f77acd64b22f34de95.jpg

By your side we’re loyal and true.

Till we were relegated to division two.

We could’ve piled your coffers high.

But it’s true scottish fitba’, we let our club die.

From FB 😂