Hartley’s newbies v Sneckie

11 minutes ago, RiG said:

I see Falkirk have signed a new keeper which isn't good news for us given that the last one assisted for four of our goals the other week.

Not before time to be honest. Thomson has been well shaky . Perhaps someone else can explain to me why our goalkeeper coach practices cross balls at half time with Mutch the keeper who is excellent at crosses but murder at stopping shots and then practices shots with Thomson who is lost when it comes to crosses. Seems feckin pointless to me.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

See when hes swinging crosses in to Thomson, and Mutch is stood there doing f**k all waiting his turn, why not get him to challenge for the ball, or even stand in front of Thomson to give him something to think about?

I find that odd.

At half time on Tuesday he didnt bother crossing any balls for Thomson to catch even though he'd been all over the place with them for the first 45 and continued to look out of place second half. 

2 hours ago, Tarmo Kink said:

Why are the Grangemouth lego eaters raging about Baird and Austin? They’re barely even starting games for us, and we’re above them in the league so I’m not sure what point they’re trying to get across.

Hopefully we sneak a 1-0 late winner, Austin or Baird as a super-sub preferrably to send Gav into meltdown.

Time will tell if Austin is good enough to actually make the step up for Thistle, he didnt kick on and although there is a little bit of regret in seeing him go, if he aint performing, he is no good to you. 

I liked Baird and tbh the way our strikers have been this season, we couldve done with someone putting in serious graft and moaning at others for not doing so, if you are lucky, you might get that purple patch of goals with him tho it does seem that its left him. 

Both players times were up, Baird obviously had a superb wage offer from ICT and obviously Austin has as well......

Good luck to both just not against us

7 minutes ago, RiG said:

It's been noted on Twitter that Vigurs and Polworth are suspended and Trafford is likely to be out injured. F'ck knows who will play in midfield.

Thats a result, nearly every game I thot Vigurs has been superb...... one of the best players Ive seen this season tbh......sad but true 

Thompson has 2 clean sheets on the trot but he also conceded 4 against Caley last time.
Do we throw the new keeper in for this one?

Yes. Given the number of goalkeeping errors we have committed this season can he really be that much worse?

3 hours ago, RiG said:

It's been noted on Twitter that Vigurs and Polworth are suspended and Trafford is likely to be out injured. F'ck knows who will play in midfield.

Yeah, we're going to have Chalmers and... someone else?

Innovative 4-0-6 formation with constant long balls to a forward line of Mulraney, Austin, Baird. Oakley, Bell and Doran is my tactical suggestion.

58 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Yeah, we're going to have Chalmers and... someone else?

Innovative 4-0-6 formation with constant long balls to a forward line of Mulraney, Austin, Baird. Oakley, Bell and Doran is my tactical suggestion.

I'd guess:

Ridgers
Mckay Warren Donaldson Calder
Baird Chalmers
Mulraney Bell Doran
Oakley

John Baird as CDM!?

Would rather go:

Ridgers

Seedorf Mckay Warren Donaldson Calder

Chalmers

Mulraney      Doran            Bell

Oakley

4 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

John Baird as CDM!?

Would rather go:

Ridgers

Seedorf Mckay Warren Donaldson Calder

Chalmers

Mulraney      Doran            Bell

Oakley

Didn't take Caley fans long to want Baird and Austin benched or are they injured?

8 hours ago, Tarmo Kink said:

Why are the Grangemouth lego eaters raging about Baird and Austin? They’re barely even starting games for us, and we’re above them in the league so I’m not sure what point they’re trying to get across.

Hopefully we sneak a 1-0 late winner, Austin or Baird as a super-sub preferrably to send Gav into meltdown.

You've lost me what's a Lego eater??

Archived