Motherwell vs Ross County 24/1/18

2 hours ago, frankthetank22 said:

Davis Keillor-Dunn, he's been our outstanding player of the season (not hard i must admit) but he's brought enthusiasm and an attacking directness that fans love to see.

He's basically been dropped from the starting XI, having only started TWO of our last ten games (we drew those two games), Owen Coyle has proven himself to be a tactical feckin genius!:shutup

He also got injured during the winter break & missed the Killie cup game as a result (local press). He tweeted on Sunday that he would be "back running tomorrow" so I was surprised to see him make the bench last night. 

Billy McKay must be amazing in training to keep getting a start ahead of Schalk, I just don't understand Coyle on that one.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, thisGRAEME said:

Shoutout to the County centre-halfs maintaining the charade that they were going to play it short dropping to the edge of the box at every goal kick, as well. I made it 75 minutes before it actually was played.

They've been doing that for months, I don't understand it.  It's either just a stupid legacy from when the team genuinely played from the back at times under McIntyre, or it's a bad attempt at making more space in midfield to win the second ball.

It's just one of very many minor tactical details that make me begin to think that Coyle is turning out to be the diddy that Blackburn and Bolton fans think he is.

I thought Ciftci was just stronger than Fraser in the lead up to the second goal and Clancy was correct not to give a foul however in many cases like this referees give the free kick because it is the safer option, I thought he had a good game all in.

It was a pretty turgid game all told, we were slightly better and defended very well, got the break with the first goal and did a professional job.  Ross County were pretty uninspiring other than a couple of minutes in the middle of the second half.

Archived