The Aberdeen Mega-Hyper New Stadium Thread

57 minutes ago, Dunty said:

You know the four clubs you mentioned saying had never moved stadium, have all moved stadium at some point.

Indeed

Hearts played on the other side of Gorgie Road as recently as 1886
http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/games/188602271.htm

and Celtic played in a different bit of Parkhead until 1892

Whether Rangers and Hibs have ever played elsewhere depends on how you stand on the "Oldco/newCo" question

Some of the supposed problems with redeveloping Pittodrie are hillarious. Nearly as funny as funny as some of the Kingsford ones. If they do build the new stadium at Kingsford , it will be most likely dull and souless so can't argue it doesn't fit in with Aberdeen city itself.

Sent from my LG-H840 using Pie and Bovril mobile app

3 hours ago, Dunty said:

You know the four clubs you mentioned saying had never loved stadium, have all moved stadium at some point.

And you can't keep trying to say staying at Pittodrie is the sensible option, when the answers to how we do it are "just build one stand at a time," "reduce capacity", "just spend more money" and "Sure if we try hard enough we could find a way".

Can't :lol:

On 1/4/2018 at 13:44, betting competition said:

Doesn't look like they sell out hospitality so I find that surprising. 

Not enough room for those working in the Community Trust especially as it keeps expanding they will have to look at options even before they get go-ahead in new stadium.

I should have added that I noticed a few main stand boxes not getting used in the Friday night games. Someone else said on here that there will be less boxes but more corporate seats so maybe that is the reason.  

Looks like someone at the club is reading this thread :) 

https://www.afc.co.uk/2018/01/10/hospitality-update-teddy-scott-legends-lounge/

Edited by betting competition

21 hours ago, gannonball said:

Some of the supposed problems with redeveloping Pittodrie are hillarious. Nearly as funny as funny as some of the Kingsford ones. If they do build the new stadium at Kingsford , it will be most likely dull and souless so can't argue it doesn't fit in with Aberdeen city itself.

Sent from my LG-H840 using Pie and Bovril mobile app

Aye, like it's a disjointed mess with terrible facilities in a bad location? Like I've said already, it's telling that nearly everyone commenting here against it isn't a dons fan!

Sent from my keyboard using ma fingers

3 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Actually, not what I expected. 

Saw Stewarty with a prayer mat at Kingsford as I went into town yesterday.

I imagine the shambling hordes of non-Dons fans daring to poke their collective nose into AFCs business had no idea that the neighbours had renewed their objection even though, apparently, it's old news, like the Titanic, dude.  What was I thinking... (having said that Hearts and Celtic's 19th century relocation is still valid in relation to the impending move to the Middle of Nowhere so maybe there's still a place for 24-hour old news, y'know)

As for the whining yokel, no doubt he'll be howling at the moon at least once more about impending catastrophe again before the 29th. I can't wait...

Edited by EdTheDuck

5 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Actually, not what I expected. 

Saw Stewarty with a prayer mat at Kingsford as I went into town yesterday.

Really? Mr Know It All actually thought that ACC would change their minds? Again you're ignoring that your four local councillors are all rabidly against, rabid to the point of condoning no voice from those who approve of the development being heard. Do you really think they weren't going to drive the Garioch area committee to stand by their earlier decisions? 

I await your first post on this thread where you have a finger close to a pulse. 

52 minutes ago, strichener said:

Surprised that you haven't claimed that all Aberdeenshire Council employees are not Dons fans TBH. 

You stick to your ain team eh.  :rolleyes:

You're from miles away, you are a Peteheid fan, why are you getting your frillies in a knot about this? It's got absolutely f**k all to do with you. 

1 hour ago, fatshaft said:

You stick to your ain team eh.  :rolleyes:

You're from miles away, you are a Peteheid fan, why are you getting your frillies in a knot about this? It's got absolutely f**k all to do with you. 

This is nothing to do with a football team, it is a building project in a greenbelt area that will affect me and everyone one else that has to travel North of Aberdeen.  You appear to think that no-one but supporters of this application should be having a say.  If they are too near then they are NIMBYs or WANKS and if they are too far then it has f**k all to do with them.  It would appear that the only ones that should be considered are the two houses nearby and the cows and sheep in the fields.

I am local to the area, it has far more to do with me than people like Derek McInnes, Dave Cormack and Tom “I didn’t know much about Aberdeen" Crotty.

Edited by strichener

23 minutes ago, fatshaft said:

Really? Mr Know It All actually thought that ACC would change their minds? Again you're ignoring that your four local councillors are all rabidly against, rabid to the point of condoning no voice from those who approve of the development being heard. Do you really think they weren't going to drive the Garioch area committee to stand by their earlier decisions? 

I await your first post on this thread where you have a finger close to a pulse. 

Probably best to drop the condescending comments when you quite clearly don't know which council you are taking about.   ACC and Garioch Area Committee, confused much? :lol:

31 minutes ago, fatshaft said:

Toys coming out big time. Thought you had stopped posting?

30 minutes ago, strichener said:

Probably best to drop the condescending comments when you quite clearly don't know which council you are taking about.   ACC and Garioch Area Committee, confused much? :lol:

Blind, incandescent rage will do that to a buddy :lol:

I don’t know what’s worse: the club coming out with “it’s only 5.9 miles from Union Street” shite or that our fans are buying into it. What an embarrassment of a support we are, we almost deserve to move to a soulless shed several miles from the city of Aberdeen.

10 hours ago, lubo_blaha said:

I don’t know what’s worse: the club coming out with “it’s only 5.9 miles from Union Street” shite or that our fans are buying into it. What an embarrassment of a support we are, we almost deserve to move to a soulless shed several miles from the city of Aberdeen.

It’s called realism.