Kilmarnock v Celtic

A trip to the theatre of pies on Saturday lunchtime.

Other than the 10k walk from the supporters bus parking area to Rugby Park one of my favourite trips of the season, if for no other reason than you get a good scoop/carry out on the road down and smokers like me can have a ciggie in the open area behind the stand pre kick off and at HT without being papped out, Tynecastle & Pittodrie  the only other grounds this is allowed.

Usually a good atmosphere due to the large allocation we get, i've seen us clinch the league here on three occasions too.

Home side have really picked up since appointing Steve Clarke, would genuinely like to see this bring back the numbers for a club traditionally well supported who, have sadly been heammoraging numbers at a distressing rate the last decade under the odious but, thankfully now departed ownership of Michael Johnson.

Anyway, I digress, 2-1 to Celtic, Sinclair and Dembele with Jones netting for Killie.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So hard to call this, we didn't perform against the dons but we never seem to. Hopefully Alan Power is back and Tshibola comes in for Dicker.

I think it might be a draw, I think we will try and be well organised and hit Celtic on the counter.

I'll say 1-1 with SOD getting his first goal for us.

10 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

A trip to the theatre of pies on Saturday lunchtime.

Other than the 10k walk from the supporters bus parking area to Rugby Park one of my favourite trips of the season, if for no other reason than you get a good scoop/carry out on the road down and smokers like me can have a ciggie in the open area behind the stand pre kick off and at HT without being papped out, Tynecastle & Pittodrie  the only other grounds this is allowed.

Usually a good atmosphere due to the large allocation we get, i've seen us clinch the league here on three occasions too.

Home side have really picked up since appointing Steve Clarke, would genuinely like to see this bring back the numbers for a club traditionally well supported who, have sadly been heammoraging numbers at a distressing rate the last decade under the odious but, thankfully now departed ownership of Michael Johnson.

Anyway, I digress, 2-1 to Celtic, Sinclair and Dembele with Jones netting for Killie.

it's not that far a walk! Easter Road is further for starters!! A lot further.

I wonder if our lack of recent games might end up being a factor in this.  We've got an energetic and powerful midfield now for the first time in years, but they've hardly played in a month.  Ideally, had we played the two midweek games that were postponed, I could imagine us really taking the game to them in the middle of the pitch like Hearts did at Tynecastle...not last night...

As things stand I'm not so optimistic.  Unless there's a rabbit pulled from a hat this evening, I can't imagine Dembele being allowed to leave - so hopefully he's a bit despondent...  Now to think of how we deal with the other ten...

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

it's not that far a walk! Easter Road is further for starters!! A lot further.

Not much between them id say but, bearing in mind we get a bigger allocation 8k for Rugby Park than the 3k for Easter Road there are much more buses and, the later you arrive the further you are parked, Kilmarnock  certainly feels a lot further.  Dont mind it too much except for a dark, freezing cold midweek night when its particularly brutal, especially if you've had a few lemonades and struggle to remember where your bus is amongst the hundred odd parked in the pitch black around the old Safeway, cue frantic phone calls to mates enquiring...

"Where's the fucking bus....?" :lol:

Minor quibble though in what is, otherwise an enjoyable away day.

44 minutes ago, Estragon said:

I wonder if our lack of recent games might end up being a factor in this.  We've got an energetic and powerful midfield now for the first time in years, but they've hardly played in a month.  Ideally, had we played the two midweek games that were postponed, I could imagine us really taking the game to them in the middle of the pitch like Hearts did at Tynecastle...not last night...

As things stand I'm not so optimistic.  Unless there's a rabbit pulled from a hat this evening, I can't imagine Dembele being allowed to leave - so hopefully he's a bit despondent...  Now to think of how we deal with the other ten...

I made the same point on the Killie forums about our momentum being disrupted by the lack of games this last month, caused by the midweek games and the December Hamilton game being postponed, and got red cards for my trouble. I do think it's a fair point though - with our form as good as it's been, I'd rather have had those games under our belt, for fitness and momentum.

Hopefully Gordon and Griffiths missing will help.

Flybhoy, you should give up the fags, they're bad for you you know.

25 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Not much between them id say but, bearing in mind we get a bigger allocation 8k for Rugby Park than the 3k for Easter Road there are much more buses and, the later you arrive the further you are parked, Kilmarnock  certainly feels a lot further.  Dont mind it too much except for a dark, freezing cold midweek night when its particularly brutal, especially if you've had a few lemonades and struggle to remember where your bus is amongst the hundred odd parked in the pitch black around the old Safeway, cue frantic phone calls to mates enquiring...

"Where's the fucking bus....?" :lol:

Minor quibble though in what is, otherwise an enjoyable away day.

Its 0.8 miles.

Archived