Club Licence

6 minutes ago, pipedreamer said:

Was TJ the sjfa rep that attended the meeting between the highland league and the nrjfa? If he wasn’t then that kind of debunks your TJ only and no region involvement at the pwg?

I don't have a TJ only with no region representation theory.

I'm the one that's pointed out that Iain McQueen has been there so TJ isn't alone.

I'm also asking who represented the SJFA at the Highland PWG because the answer has the potential to contradict the way the SJFA has handled things by not inviting WRJFA & ERJFA to the Lowland PWG.

Was TJ the sjfa rep that attended the meeting between the highland league and the nrjfa? If he wasn’t then that kind of debunks your TJ only and no region involvement at the pwg?

I agree it would debunk that and I will stand corrected. If I was a club rep and that became public then I wouldn’t be happy.

We're going round in circles, it all boils down to the fact that nobody in the west appears too concerned at the lack of progress from Tom "done deal" Johnston, we might be here in 12 months time saying the same thing.

If that doesn't concern those who want to be in the Pyramid, then I'm not sure what will.

The vast majority of west clubs want to go in as a bloc. I think you would only have one or two signing up to any new league. I would want my club to do it but it would be a massive gamble financially.

The vast majority of west clubs want to go in as a bloc. I think you would only have one or two signing up to any new league. I would want my club to do it but it would be a massive gamble financially.
If a WoS league was started with SFA backing, then it would be a straight choice of joining it or remaining Junior. I think more than one or two would join.

1 hour ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

Surely the clubs that only need to join the pyramid to get a licence would move (e.g. Auchinleck, Cumnock, Petershill)? Like in the east that would then start a chain reaction where others such as  Clydebank, Kilwinning, and some clubs lower down with nothing to lose (plus Girvan and Glasgow Uni to keep their licences) would join as well.

If a WoS league was started with SFA backing, then it would be a straight choice of joining it or remaining Junior. I think more than one or two would join.

If a WoS league was announced there would be the same sort of whispers going between committees and a who blinks first scenario similar to to the mass move to the EoS

Surely the clubs that only need to join the pyramid to get a licence would move (e.g. Auchinleck, Cumnock, Petershill)? Like in the east that would then start a chain reaction where others such as  Clydebank, Kilwinning, and some clubs lower down with nothing to lose (plus Girvan and Glasgow Uni to keep their licences) would join as well.

Of course that could happen but also teams may want to stay. It’s all hypothetical and the SFA don’t look to be backing a WOS at this time.

It depends on what the big clubs do. I sat in the meeting with the East clubs discussing the super dooper league and I know what some Ayrshire and some central based clubs thought and the people representing them haven’t changed, it might not be as straight forward as some people think.

It depends on what the big clubs do. I sat in the meeting with the East clubs discussing the super dooper league and I know what some Ayrshire and some central based clubs thought and the people representing them haven’t changed, it might not be as straight forward as some people think.
In which case let them stay junior if that is what they want.

Your missing the point. Why would you ask someone to undermine himself. He was given the responsibility by the clubs. If the PWG wants the regions there they should write and ask the regions.

If my memory serves me correct it was only one person (from the east I think) who asked about the regions not being represented. It was only asked once in a meeting. The PWG as a group have never asked. If they were I’m sure the regions (and the clubs) would be delighted to send someone.

I will say again. The onus is on the management committee. They instruct the Secretary and if they feel he is not doing a good job they can choose to send someone else. The Secretary cannot do any negotiating without the backing of the management committee. Clydebank are represented on it and are one of the clubs pushing for this. Read into that what you will!!

Clydebank fans havent given the club a mandate to remain in the sjfa.

Clydebank fans havent given the club a mandate to remain in the sjfa.

I know. My point is they will be better understanding of where things are going than most other clubs. Bankies could have jumped to EOS or started plans for a WOS but didn’t, is that because they are still confident the move will take place? That’s all I am saying. Maybe I am wrong (certainly wouldn’t be the first time when it comes to the pyramid!!)

In which case let them stay junior if that is what they want.

I agree that looks like it is going to be the way out of this but I think the majority of clubs are, rightly or wrongly, waiting to see what comes this year. If it Christmas things haven’t moved on then I expect to see discussions on a new league to begin. Until then discussion are ongoing with the PWG to make this work and I hope there are further meetings between the East Region & EOS.

I know. My point is they will be better understanding of where things are going than most other clubs. Bankies could have jumped to EOS or started plans for a WOS but didn’t, is that because they are still confident the move will take place? That’s all I am saying. Maybe I am wrong (certainly wouldn’t be the first time when it comes to the pyramid!!)

No i think a very small number trust TJ to get the job done. We’re in a difficult position, our board can’t go and canvass for a rival league. Some fans are very angry we didnt leave for the eosl, I think we’d have struggled to put out a competitive team given the teams who joined. There doesnt seem to be support for a wosl from other junior teams, I know a club from the coast was canvassing interest and it wasn’t that great, feel like we’re stuck because of other clubs unwillingness to make a move and a general sense of apathy.
This season we’re signing some decent players to play in a league that really doesnt interest me and a scottish cup that no one really cares about, i’d have rather we saved the playing budget for a decent crack at a pyramid league and put out a weaker side, every penny spent on players this year is a bit of a waste.

No i think a very small number trust TJ to get the job done. We’re in a difficult position, our board can’t go and canvass for a rival league. Some fans are very angry we didnt leave for the eosl, I think we’d have struggled to put out a competitive team given the teams who joined. There doesnt seem to be support for a wosl from other junior teams, I know a club from the coast was canvassing interest and it wasn’t that great, feel like we’re stuck because of other clubs unwillingness to make a move and a general sense of apathy.
This season we’re signing some decent players to play in a league that really doesnt interest me and a scottish cup that no one really cares about, i’d have rather we saved the playing budget for a decent crack at a pyramid league and put out a weaker side, every penny spent on players this year is a bit of a waste.

Disappointed to hear that the canvassing didn’t go well. Would be interested to know what clubs were canvased.

Doesn’t sound good for a pyramid league in the west anytime soon.

2 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Assuming Clydebank aren't far from being licensed, along with Auchinleck (lights), Cumnock, Petershill etc. - if the status quo remains with the SJFA still outside the pyramid, surely that will increase the pressure on either a WoS being created or WRJFA going it alone, if joining the pyramid is all that's between those teams and a licence?

how many times has it to be said there is NO appetite for a new west league  in this region the only way most clubs will move is if it is forced upon them.

It certainly begging to look that way. It’s a shame because the leagues have gone backwards in the west imo with crowds massively down on even a few years ago. This was a chance either through moving as a bloc or as individual clubs to make improvements that are desperately needed.

11 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Assuming Clydebank aren't far from being licensed, along with Auchinleck (lights), Cumnock, Petershill etc. - if the status quo remains with the SJFA still outside the pyramid, surely that will increase the pressure on either a WoS being created or WRJFA going it alone, if joining the pyramid is all that's between those teams and a licence?

In my opinion all these clubs have to do is to apply the SoS for 2020/2021. Form a north conference with almost all existing S0S clubs in the south conference so that travelling is kept to the minimum. Play off against the south conference winners for the S0S Championship and a place in the  promotion play-off with the EoS champions.

This would also give a "home" for any west club which might be relegated from the Lowland League in the future. It would also provide a home for Girvan and Glasgow University so that they could keep their Licences, floodlights permitting!

Any west SJFA club could then go for membership of the SFA and Licencing without the fear currently associated with that. It would bring some certainty to the situation.

On 25/06/2019 at 14:58, FairWeatherFan said:

Iain McQueen has represented the SJFA at PWG meetings as well as TJ. I doubt anyone would of objected if the West or East Region secretaries had been in the SJFA party.

Do you REALLY think that back-of-a-fag-packet man SR as a WRSFA rep on the PWG would be an improvement on TJ?

15 hours ago, marconi said:

how many times has it to be said there is NO appetite for a new west league  in this region the only way most clubs will move is if it is forced upon them.

So why did only 4 junior clubs oppose pyramid entry at the 2018 AGM? Suspect it's more about apathy than outright opposition and that there probably would have been a west coast version of Kelty followed by a mass exodus by now if there was a viable alternative similar to the EoS league available. Telling clubs to join the SoS introduces a much larger obstacle for them to get their membership to agree to leave than joining the EoS did.