Albion Rovers V Raith Rovers

That was ridiculously frustrating today. The ref did have an absolute mare today, however at least he was consistently pish for both sides.
I had a pretty good view of the Lennox save/bar incident, I’m pretty confident it did go straight on the backside of the bar.
Of all the shite ref decision today, not to give the Willis freekick was absolutely astonishing, Albion fans will probably say the Davo challenge moments later will be the same.
Davo picked up a yellow, pretty sure that means he’ll miss the Forfar game.
That pitch is absolutely shocking, it’s not level in the slightest, there’s an incline at the corner of the pitch where the Away fans are, and then there’s a massive incline again at the 6 yard box, what’s that all about?! Surely that can just packed up to make it level.
Not to see out the last minute or so, and then to concede a penalty is very unprofessional.
Draw was probably a fair result for a total shitfest 90mins.
Next.

Agree with every word of this.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Beastie Russell said:

1 point more than we got the last time.

If we improve our results at Airdrie, Ayr, Forfar and Stranraer  we will be doing fine.

We won't improve if he is playing the same team each week and having to watch him realise mid way through the second half that it isn't working. 

As I thought while at the game. How that isn't a back pass is beyond me and that penalty, ffs it's amateur refereeing at best. Even the home teams directors, sponsors and media folk were laughing with embarrassment. 

Its definitely not a passback. The ball has to be 'kicked' back to the goalkeeper. It was more of a nudge with his shin.

Certainly don't think that's a penalty, though.

8 minutes ago, foreverarover said:

As I thought while at the game. How that isn't a back pass is beyond me and that penalty, ffs it's amateur refereeing at best. Even the home teams directors, sponsors and media folk were laughing with embarrassment. 

The penalty decision was poor, but regarding the pass back to the goalkeeper - I was standing right behind it, but I thought the defender used his knee to knock it back to the keeper. 

The penalty decision was poor, but regarding the pass back to the goalkeeper - I was standing right behind it, but I thought the defender used his knee to knock it back to the keeper. 
The ref indicated that at the time as well. There was a lot he got wrong but not that.

The league has now passed from our hands to Ayr's. I know all about the "twists and turns" shite, but they'll surely win their game in hand against Queen's Park and we have to go down to Somershite and avoid defeat.  With their far superior goal difference thats effectively a point ahead of us.  Whatever odd results are thrown up in the run in right now its advantage Ayr.

The league has now passed from our hands to Ayr's. I know all about the "twists and turns" shite, but they'll surely win their game in hand against Queen's Park and we have to go down to Somershite and avoid defeat.  With their far superior goal difference thats effectively a point ahead of us.  Whatever odd results are thrown up in the run in right now its advantage Ayr.

Our game in hand is against Albion Rovers and our goal difference is only 5 better than yours. With our leaky defence I’m no longer confident of getting through every game without conceding a daft goal.

1 minute ago, somerset_lad00 said:

Our game in hand is against Albion Rovers and our goal difference is only 5 better than yours. With our leaky defence I’m no longer confident of getting through every game without conceding a daft goal.

OK, you'll surely beat Albion Rovers then, which will increase your goal difference even more.  I think we'll stuggle to take anything from the game against you's, so nevertheless advantage Ayr.

OK, you'll surely beat Albion Rovers then, which will increase your goal difference even more.  I think we'll stuggle to take anything from the game against you's, so nevertheless advantage Ayr.

Our game in hand is away at A. Rovers where Raith have struggled, so not counting any chickens.

1 hour ago, Big Berk said:

Ive always had great respect for your posts, but the highlighted is utter tosh. Too many assumptions as to who will lose more or score more or whatever. The basic fact is we are 6 points clear. Yes its up to us to maintain that gap but by golly its pressure on ayr to catch us. The advantage is with us, not ayr.

3 minutes ago, Varna Rover said:

Ive always had great respect for your posts, but the highlighted is utter tosh. Too many assumptions as to who will lose more or score more or whatever. The basic fact is we are 6 points clear. Yes its up to us to maintain that gap but by golly its pressure on ayr to catch us. The advantage is with us, not ayr.

Youve missed the whole point of what I said, which is very simple, Ayr  are capable of winning the league regardless of what we do, which was the opposite prior to Saturday.

As for "too many assumptions", Ive already allowed that there are no certainties.

11 minutes ago, Big Berk said:

Youve missed the whole point of what I said, which is very simple, Ayr  are capable of winning the league regardless of what we do, which was the opposite prior to Saturday.

As for "too many assumptions", Ive already allowed that there are no certainties.

Precisely, there are no certainties, which means you state ayr are capable of winning the league and so are we  Nothing is certain until either have won or lost the title.  So no i dont think i have missed your point. The best team will win. Who that will be only the man upstairs can answer that.:rolleyes:

OK, let me put it as simply as possible,  Ayr can now win the league by their own efforts, which  before Saturday  they could not.

I mentioned the  obvious uncertainties about the run in  in my post in case someone missed that simple point, but clearly that has been a waste of time.

Archived