Killie vs. Dees 13/2/18

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RossDee not handling the Kille juggernaut very well, I see.
Not to worry Ross, your little club is just one in an endless list of clubs to get flattened by Sir Steve's blue and white freight train.

You seem confused. I'll let you off since it's early still.

On 12/02/2018 at 08:02, RossDee01 said:

We need to get back to normality here and start sweeping these sort of teams aside with ease.

On 12/02/2018 at 07:59, RossDee01 said:

Even when we used to batter you 4-0 regularly on your own patch?

giphy.gif

Think it’s time to move on. Positives for us, we played a lot better than the previous 2 weeks and Caulker looked good. Positives for Killie another home win, a great manager who has got the existing squad motoring and has attracted some quality additions. I’d fucking love it if we could sometime manage a spell like you guys are on. You’re away now and I really hope you finish top 6. And FWIW I cannot see Clarke taking the Scotland job for all the smack in Unthank.

4 hours ago, Fide said:

Not to worry Ross, your little club is just one in an endless list of clubs to get flattened by Sir Steve's blue and white freight train.

He's got form for it. Seem to recall a hilarious, spluttering meltdown last season when we dismissed the Dees in December. 

Obviously one of the types who inexplicably believe the W38, trophyless, administration-regulars are a big team. Cute really.

He's got form for it. Seem to recall a hilarious, spluttering meltdown last season when we dismissed the Dees in December. 
Obviously one of the types who inexplicably believe the W38, trophyless, administration-regulars are a big team. Cute really.

To be honest I wasn't really surprised by the result on Tuesday night. The only thing that surprised me was that we managed to score 2 goals.

I even posted as soon as you went
down to 10 that we are renowned for bottling it when teams get players sent off for some reason. Also the fact that Killie are on such a good run at the moment and won something like 6 on the bounce at home.

Still think there are positive for us to take away from the game though, and that's why the result didn't really bother me too much. Was obviously sickening to lose in the manner we did but that's typical Dundee FC tbh. However, from what I've heard it was a cracking game of football in which we dominated large spells of so fair do's to both sides in that respect.

I'm fairly confident this will be our last meeting of the season as you lot finish top 6 and we attempt to battle our way through yet another relegation battle which I'm still confident we will get ourselves out of.

I hope your juggernaut continues to plough its way through the diddy teams in order to make our task a little easier, and I also hope you manage to hold onto Steve Clark beyond the summer as I think it's great for Scottish football.

Thank You.

46 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Think it’s time to move on. Positives for us, we played a lot better than the previous 2 weeks and Caulker looked good. Positives for Killie another home win, a great manager who has got the existing squad motoring and has attracted some quality additions. I’d fucking love it if we could sometime manage a spell like you guys are on. You’re away now and I really hope you finish top 6. And FWIW I cannot see Clarke taking the Scotland job for all the smack in Unthank.

18 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

I hope your juggernaut continues to plough its way through the diddy teams in order to make our task a little easier, and I also hope you manage to hold onto Steve Clark beyond the summer as I think it's great for Scottish football.

Thank You.

Image result for dundee kilmarnock

Now we can all get back to slagging happyaccie.

1 hour ago, Fifespud said:

I don't know if it's felt by Killie fans but I do think that McCulloch actually played a big part in their current success. He recruited brilliantly.

20 minutes ago, harry94 said:

I don't know if it's felt by Killie fans but I do think that McCulloch actually played a big part in their current success. He recruited brilliantly.

Definitely.  I can't think of another manager with such a low win% that's left with the general good wishes of the support in the way that McCulloch has.

He absolutely presented a calming influence after the craziness of Lee Clark's time at the club, and picked up the results we needed at the end of last season to stay in the top division.  He always spoke really well about the club, and of his aims to get us back to the kind of teams he used to face at RP as a player - particular highlight for me was him managing to reign in the desire to stab a particular supporter at the AGM last May who used the "Managers Q&A" as a forum to question a fucking substitution the guy had made at Motherwell two months hence...

As you say, he's very obviously got an eye for a player - and signed a number of players who have gone on to be extremely important for us this season - but some of them, Alan Power and Eamonn Brophy in particular, were getting nowhere near the first team - and the rest he just couldn't get a tune out of them.

Crucially, he was the one who eventually threw his hands up and admitted he didn't quite know how to get us out of the situation we were in - bottom of the league and winless after eight games, so it was never like he was hanging on for grim death in the way that outgoing managers can.  Incidentally he'd ruled himself out of the running a year previously saying that it had to go to someone with more experience, so I often wonder if he felt that a bit keenly when he was in the hotseat himself.

Anyone I speak to has him as a likeable, genuine, hard-working big guy - I'd love to see him get another job in Scotland and make a success of it.

have to say im really impressed with killie recently. i had them written off 10 games in but theyve really turned that on its head. theres a positivity about the club i crave for at dens.

anyway we may have lost on tuesday but for a good portion of the game we played, in my opinion, as well as we have all season. lets take that as a positive and try to build from that!

56 minutes ago, Estragon said:

Definitely.  I can't think of another manager with such a low win% that's left with the general good wishes of the support in the way that McCulloch has.

He absolutely presented a calming influence after the craziness of Lee Clark's time at the club, and picked up the results we needed at the end of last season to stay in the top division.  He always spoke really well about the club, and of his aims to get us back to the kind of teams he used to face at RP as a player - particular highlight for me was him managing to reign in the desire to stab a particular supporter at the AGM last May who used the "Managers Q&A" as a forum to question a fucking substitution the guy had made at Motherwell two months hence...

As you say, he's very obviously got an eye for a player - and signed a number of players who have gone on to be extremely important for us this season - but some of them, Alan Power and Eamonn Brophy in particular, were getting nowhere near the first team - and the rest he just couldn't get a tune out of them.

Crucially, he was the one who eventually threw his hands up and admitted he didn't quite know how to get us out of the situation we were in - bottom of the league and winless after eight games, so it was never like he was hanging on for grim death in the way that outgoing managers can.  Incidentally he'd ruled himself out of the running a year previously saying that it had to go to someone with more experience, so I often wonder if he felt that a bit keenly when he was in the hotseat himself.

Anyone I speak to has him as a likeable, genuine, hard-working big guy - I'd love to see him get another job in Scotland and make a success of it.

100% this.

8 hours ago, Fide said:

Terrible use of metaphors m8. A juggernaught refers to a lorry so you can't be that and a train at the same time. So what one is it? Make your fucking mind up.

Archived