Moving Leagues Next Season

Crazy Feet

Going by majors you’d have to say central definitely dominant. Obviously colville have been dominant the last few seasons in the Scottish and St pats look very strong this year. Out with the top 3 or 4 teams in central id say the leagues are very similar and that the Cali divisions 1A and 1B probably stronger. 
I'd agree with this. The best teams are in the central but perhaps caley is a stronger league. Recently there hasn't been many teams going on and winning back to back championships in the caley

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd agree with this. The best teams are in the central but perhaps caley is a stronger league. Recently there hasn't been many teams going on and winning back to back championships in the caley

I would agree with this. I've seen quite a few games in S&D, Caley and Central in the last couple of seasons. Top 2 or 3 in Central shade the Caley top 2 or 3 but in my opinion there is more strength in depth in the Cali. Even down to the Cali 1st Divs where I think the top teams there are a good bit better than in the Central 1st Divs. Central is where you would think the majors will go, obviously Cambria aside last year, but as a league there's greater depth and competition in Cali.

I would agree with this. I've seen quite a few games in S&D, Caley and Central in the last couple of seasons. Top 2 or 3 in Central shade the Caley top 2 or 3 but in my opinion there is more strength in depth in the Cali. Even down to the Cali 1st Divs where I think the top teams there are a good bit better than in the Central 1st Divs. Central is where you would think the majors will go, obviously Cambria aside last year, but as a league there's greater depth and competition in Cali.
Top 2 in Caley seem to be doing ok in the majors. Will be interesting to see if any of them can win a major

I think Doune won it 2 years on the trot a couple of years ago but they’ve apparently lost a lot of players. Who would you say is the favourites for the Cali and central premiers? Seems to be between Thorn and Dumbarton in the Cali. Eastfield top of the central just now but teams have a good few games in hand. No clear runaway leaders  in either which is better than a team running away with it. 1B in the Cali looks as if it’s going to be great finish to that. 1B in the central could be tight as well looking at it. 

3 hours ago, LoveFitbaw said:

I think Doune won it 2 years on the trot a couple of years ago but they’ve apparently lost a lot of players. Who would you say is the favourites for the Cali and central premiers? Seems to be between Thorn and Dumbarton in the Cali. Eastfield top of the central just now but teams have a good few games in hand. No clear runaway leaders  in either which is better than a team running away with it. 1B in the Cali looks as if it’s going to be great finish to that. 1B in the central could be tight as well looking at it. 

1a and 1b in Cali are looking very tight although some teams got a few games in hand. Dumbarton for me and Eastfield have the points but as you say teams have a few games in hand.

18 hours ago, gus75 said:

Dunblane,Stirling Uni and Kilsyth going into caley,they also knocked back Third Lanark

Stirling Uni from the East of Scotland or a 4th team in addition to their U-20's, East of Scotland and Lowland League Team?

Thought the Caledonian has been an invitation only League.

Dunblane from the Stirling League. They're a young side I believe, very well run club. Lost 3-2 to Stenhousemuir in The East recently. Must be not a bad side to give them a game.

Those Caledonian Leagues are becoming mega competitive. Even this season, 1B looks like some race. About 6 or 7 teams could finish in the top 2 from a 10 team league. 

Thorn and Dumbarton both really good sides think it will come down to the results between those 2 sides when they meet who will be the winner of the league at end of season tricky game for thorn this weekend giffnock north if they beat them things are looking up looking forward to when they meet Dumbarton!

Thorn and Dumbarton both really good sides think it will come down to the results between those 2 sides when they meet who will be the winner of the league at end of season tricky game for thorn this weekend giffnock north if they beat them things are looking up looking forward to when they meet Dumbarton!

Giffnock are having a tough season, not a patch on their team of the last few seasons.

Stirling Uni from the East of Scotland or a 4th team in addition to their U-20's, East of Scotland and Lowland League Team?
Thought the Caledonian has been an invitation only League.

Well the Stirling team in the eos are absolutely honking so if it's lower than that level [emoji32]

On 2/16/2018 at 21:19, RogerDodger said:

At least 2 of these teams moving will fold within a year!! FACT!

Should stay where yous are! Central looks good from the outside but like all leagues certain teams are well looked after always!! 

What teams?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎16‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 21:19, RogerDodger said:

At least 2 of these teams moving will fold within a year!! FACT!

Should stay where yous are! Central looks good from the outside but like all leagues certain teams are well looked after always!! 

Bearsden heading to the central I heard. Were they not unfulfilling fixtures earlier in the year. Grass isn't always greener going to a new league. Central accepts nearly any team and the rate of clubs that fold from the central must be huge in comparison to other big leagues.

Bearsden heading to the central I heard. Were they not unfulfilling fixtures earlier in the year. Grass isn't always greener going to a new league. Central accepts nearly any team and the rate of clubs that fold from the central must be huge in comparison to other big leagues.

They don’t accept Pennies.

Archived