Raith Rovers v Arbroath (24/02/18)

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply
this thing about mckenna getting shit from a few of us lichtie fans well bud i pay my season ticket money and still think what a waste. but i think swankie has been the signing of the season

How can you think that after today though he’s clearly shown he can give something it was a superb performance from him. What a fucking shift.

Great on the ball too, few really good runs and lay offs. I think he was decent in his first two games but from the sounds of it he was great Tuesday and today again too, bit of confidence and settled in to the team clearly helping. Throws himself into everything. Why can’t you just get behind the guy I don’t get it? [emoji4]

I really like Swankie too by the way think he was decent today but been a bit up and down over the season.

I thought Arbroath were just about worth their point.  Fouled their way through the game tho, reminiscent of Ayr.

I’ve seen us being called Hatchet men on social media which has raised a smile. I didn’t see it at all. I think Ian Davidson alone had more fouls in the last game at Starks than we had today.

Didn't look good at any point after the first 20 minutes. The stubbornness of Barry Smith to persist with Buchanan is really harming us.

Arbroath were a tidy side and worth the draw.

I understand the Rovers support are highly critical, but challenging fans to a square go is just nonsense. Added to that Barr was absolutely awful again.

Well deserved draw for Arbroath didn't deserve to lose that Raith certainly weren't any better than us, losing both goals from corners was pretty frustrating  but we kept going and got our reward and as said McKenna was everywhere  put in a great shift but a good team performance all round. Hardly fouled our way through the game Raith players going to ground pretty easily. Good away point and looked the likelier at the end to get all three.

Under the letter of the law it was a penalty. The fact it's never really enforced and if it is, the 'keeper usually gets a warning first would make me say its not a penalty. .

Was there not a ref in scotland either this season or last that handed out 3 penalties for pushing in the box in one game? Everyone thought all refs would follow suit, but they never and he didn’t award any more penalties for it?

Was there not a ref in scotland either this season or last that handed out 3 penalties for pushing in the box in one game? Everyone thought all refs would follow suit, but they never and he didn’t award any more penalties for it?

Can't recall it but you may be right.

Can't recall it but you may be right.

Was it not Bobby Madden in the Killie v Falkirk League Cup game at the start of last season?

Was it not Bobby Madden in the Killie v Falkirk League Cup game at the start of last season?

Falkirk v st johnstone. But you mentioning bobby madden helped narrow down the search for it[emoji106]

http://www.espn.com/soccer/report?gameId=449428

After that they just stopped awarding penalties for it. A shame because it was what fans wanted stamped out by the only way they seen possible and that was awarding one.

49 minutes ago, Big lichtie said:

first of all 1320 one swallow doesnt make a summer . yes he was ok today is he better than we have is he worth paying money for we send hester on loan and give wallace a 2 year deal

We get it, you made an assumption on McKenna after 1 game and it looks like you’ve got it badly wrong. No point in trying to justify it.

first of all 1320 one swallow doesnt make a summer . yes he was ok today is he better than we have is he worth paying money for we send hester on loan and give wallace a 2 year deal

Nobody said that one swallow made a summer, he’s played 4 games now, done fine in 2 and brilliantly in the other 2. I understand you love McCord, all us do, but he’s not been at his best this season and when there’s a squad this good if you fall out the team you need to keep yourself at it to get back in and doesn’t look like that’s happened. McKenna well worthy of his position and glad he’s here.

Wallace got off to a good start, the last couple of weeks I think he’s been pretty poor, but he’s got a good record and a good career in the lower leagues. It’s ashame Hester’s away on loan but I’m not sure he’s good enough to be a starter for us yet, I think he needs a lot of games and he’s not getting that here so going on loan makes sense.

As a former 'keeper at a shit level admittedly it always happened. You get the guy sitting on you trying to get you inside his arse so you either stick a finger up instead or give him a slight shove to create a yard of space for you to take the ball. If it's a penalty for that surely it should be a foul for the guy pushing you back into the goal?

4 minutes ago, Growl3th said:

Was never a penalty! The Arbroath player was elbowing Lennox in the ribs and he pushed him away.
How there were only 4 bookings for Arbroath escapes me.

You can moan all you want Raith didn't deserve to win. 

Supremely disappointing to not win, to throw it away in the last minute for the second week in a row is hard to take. If Lennox has indeed shoved the lad then fair enough, I nor anyone around me had the faintest idea what the penalty was given for at the time. I’ll wait and see the highlights before making further comment.

I feel like a broken record but I’ll say it again, Vaughan in midfield is a waste. Smith has signed the boy Hendry and played him for about 35 seconds, and he’s getting a pretty easy ride about it. He’s his own signing, and he’d rather play our best player out of position than put him in. That is not good use of the budget in anyone’s eyes. Robertson is obviously a huge miss as well, we completely went to shit when he went off. A huge deflection on the equaliser but the ball should’ve been cleared. Mcintosh made an arse of his first touch and still had time to get it out his feet and get a shot away.

Just doesn’t feel like a season where we’re going to win the league. I’m not saying it’s not going to happen, but there’s just a general shite feeling about us.

Archived