Pro Eve 5

I transferred Francis Jeffers to Rangers using Register player in the Edit menu and he scored the winner against Arsenal in the Konami cup final :o

Which version are you using? If it's either the PC or XBox ones you will be able to get "option files" that contain up to date players.

In fact if you are running the PC version, you should check out the new Super Patch (here) which will update the game with player/tactics/stadiums and lots lots more...

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Ayr United FC

Which version are you using? If it's either the PC or XBox ones you will be able to get "option files" that contain up to date players.

In fact if you are running the PC version, you should check out the new Super Patch (here) which will update the game with player/tactics/stadiums and lots lots more...

In the PS2 version, you can transfer players using the "Register player" option in the edit menu.

Guest Ayr United FC

Any good end of season signings?

I signed Antti Niemi during the mid-season trans as Waterrus and Klos let in silly goals.

I am looking to improve squad.

Don't know if the PC version is harder than the console ones - actually this tends to be the case as a lot of designers assume consoles are used by kids who will not be as good as us "old uns" - but after 8 seasons I am sitting just under the top two in the Premiership with Man City (random choice at the start - using real match players).

I made some bad buys with guys who looked good but their development curve was at their peak when I bought them and they've started to drop so that put me back a couple of seasons. I have now stopped giving 5 year contracts and stick with 3 max and will happily only offer year extensions to players when they need renewed.

It took me two seasons to come out of the second division, doing the double (2nd Div Cup + League). And from there I have won the ML Div 1 Cup and the CL, but I can't quite break the Liverpool, Chelsea and Manchester United hold on those top two positions in the league. IMO, you either need a really big squad or finish in the top two to get the treble (league, cup, CL) as you don't need to play the first CL qualifying group, two games a week really hits your player conditions.

I have enough money to go and buy all Chelsea, Man U or Liverpool's best players. Which would weaken them, but I don't want to buy the title .. ;)

Oh, yes, all this on 5* of course! ;)

In reference to the goalkeepers, would you believe that David Marshall is a damned good buy? That and a keeper called Solimar (who looks shit, but improves very well), although I don't think he appears until the 6th or 7th season.

I would agree, it is pretty difficult, although not on one star...

I did a World Cup with Brazil last night which I started at 2am, all was going well until I lost to Spain in the semis on penalties. It was on 4 stars and it was pretty hard, but I still should have won it. I suppose it's my own fault for refusing to drop players despite their huge fitness deficincies.

The worst thing about it was by that time it was half 4 so I couldn't start a new one!

It is actually easier on 5* than it is on 3*, the reasoning goes...

On 3* the teams are set to be less attacking, this means less spaces and a harder defense to break through. Whereas on 5*, the opposition will come at you and leave enough gaps (if you have your tactics set right) for you to nip in and score! Yay! :)

I would agree, it is pretty difficult, although not on one star...

I did a World Cup with Brazil last night which I started at 2am, all was going well until I lost to Spain in the semis on penalties. It was on 4 stars and it was pretty hard, but I still should have won it. I suppose it's my own fault for refusing to drop players despite their huge fitness deficincies.

The worst thing about it was by that time it was half 4 so I couldn't start a new one!

Finally won the World Cup - after 5 hours and 7 Stella and 2 Carling. Italy was myt team of choice, 4 stars! Won the final 3-0. Ace!

Guest cfczoomcfc

It is actually easier on 5* than it is on 3*, the reasoning goes...

On 3* the teams are set to be less attacking, this means less spaces and a harder defense to break through. Whereas on 5*, the opposition will come at you and leave enough gaps (if you have your tactics set right) for you to nip in and score! Yay! :)

Couldnt agree more :D

I was a little stuck on 4* and gave 6 a go and I cant stop winning and when I jumped back to 4 I found it a piece of piss :D

Anyone came across this bug / glitch that happened to me 5 minutes ago?

I was playing as Chelsea vs Real Madrid in an exhibition match on 5* and drew 1-1 AET (no golden or silver goal in place). I should have humped them but missed 2 sitters.

Anyhow as I prepared to take the pens, the Real players started celebrating, and the score came up as:

Chelsea 1-99 Real Madrid :blink:

When I hit "start" to go to the menu with stats etc, the score had increased to

Chelsea 1-1178 Real Madrid.

What the fu?

Finally got round to purchasing this, and the obligatory PS2 controller to play it with. Still waiting on the USB convertor rolling up though - they're out of stock at the moment :(

Archived