Unhealthy Debate In The Juniors

froggie

14 minutes ago, froggie said:

I'm at a disadvantage, I only have ten digits to type with...as constructive as your offering I'd say.

...and you wonder why people are treating you like a trolling fool? If you cant take part in a debate appropriately without resorting to tediously immature name calling then a forum isn't the place for you.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, froggie said:

Whilst many will have seen many times the number of games in the Juniors, my perspective as an outsider does prompt me to air an opinion or two as I see fit. As this environment exists in the throwaway surroundings of the internet,  nothing, by definition, is of any consequence and yet some will not only question the right of anyone not to think as they do, but do so in a way which seriously makes you question what kind of individual they are in the real world. Every time I attend a game in the Juniors, I meet and am made to feel welcome by strangers and yet as soon as people are given the opportunity to hide behind an alias and spout vitriol at anyone questioning what is purely an opinion, a whole underclass reveals itself. The fans who follow a team but accept that others are worthy of praise, or have a contentious view but accept there are other sides to a debate are commonplace, but in the virtual world hereabouts, these reasoned folk are conspicuous by their absence, Surely they cannot all have been scared away by the awkwardly confrontational, comically aggressive and multi- thousand post clique? 

Perhaps just those who have an opinion rather than an agenda need a voice here, as I am sure there are many who simply love their escapism, keep it in perspective and don't won't to feel the long arm of the long in the tooth poster posse every time they feel the urge to speak up or speak out. Those who need to hear this the most will, undoubtedly dismiss it, but who knows? there might be many more who have an opinion but feel unable to express it, simply because the tired old guard with their thousands of posts feel they can dictate how everything runs, in accordance with their aggressive agendas

Deary,deary me.Another self-pitying word salad from the disturbed king of spin...the 'reasonable'guy who,with his patronising,insulting and just downright looney material,managed to derail the 4g thread.

It's surely a clear indication of this fella's  confused state of mind that after his spectacular failure in the previous thread,a failure that would have seen most normal punters take early retirement from the site,he's actually begun a new thread to further highlight his shortcomings!:1eye

On the plus side though,we can now look forward to a match report from a game that he didn't attend.:)

1 hour ago, froggie said:

It's called having an opinion in the presence of those who find any other than theirs a problem. Your gem is an example of what I was referring to, so thanks for that. I'll be at an imaginary game of football match this afternoon...because there is NO alternative, a point I have made, but only the considered would spot that, not the angry, defensive lovers of what I see as a sub standard version of the real thing which is and always will be streets ahead of anything a carpet can ever serve up

Ftfy,frogster.:)

Whilst many will have seen many times the number of games in the Juniors, my perspective as an outsider does prompt me to air an opinion or two as I see fit. As this environment exists in the throwaway surroundings of the internet,  nothing, by definition, is of any consequence and yet some will not only question the right of anyone not to think as they do, but do so in a way which seriously makes you question what kind of individual they are in the real world. Every time I attend a game in the Juniors, I meet and am made to feel welcome by strangers and yet as soon as people are given the opportunity to hide behind an alias and spout vitriol at anyone questioning what is purely an opinion, a whole underclass reveals itself. The fans who follow a team but accept that others are worthy of praise, or have a contentious view but accept there are other sides to a debate are commonplace, but in the virtual world hereabouts, these reasoned folk are conspicuous by their absence, Surely they cannot all have been scared away by the awkwardly confrontational, comically aggressive and multi- thousand post clique? 
Perhaps just those who have an opinion rather than an agenda need a voice here, as I am sure there are many who simply love their escapism, keep it in perspective and don't won't to feel the long arm of the long in the tooth poster posse every time they feel the urge to speak up or speak out. Those who need to hear this the most will, undoubtedly dismiss it, but who knows? there might be many more who have an opinion but feel unable to express it, simply because the tired old guard with their thousands of posts feel they can dictate how everything runs, in accordance with their aggressive agendas

You are a bumface.

Not only do the ' I post a lot, so I'm right' brigade miss the point, andtry to ensure that anything descends into a farce, but claim it's everyone else's fault but their own. It is perfectly acceptable in most places to say I prefer one thing over another and think the alternative view is flawed, but here, no, 'wisdom' is judged by how many times someone has something to say, regardless of whether it has any merit whatsoever.  I am certain MANY feel the self appointment lieutenants of these forums flex their virtual muscle more than they should, but I can understand why, given the pitiful responses, why they feel disinclined to do so.  Many think the artificial panacea is a fallacy, but, on seeing this, would reasonably judge it to be pointless to argue with the megaposting mafia.

The contributors to this forum are not representative of fans of junior football, in my opinion, as they tend to be interesting, decent and articulate folk. It would be a delight to see a better cross section of contributors than is currently the case, but in order to expand on that, I'd have to categorise some in a way that they would take offence at, so no point.

If I don't watch artificial football unless there is no alternative, then that is consistent with my view that it is inferior. That's an opinion, not a fact, but so is any love in from 'offended of Blackburn', whose views are possibly more about club loyalty than anything else.

The problem with demonising those challenging the clique and cosy club is that when you do, it proves the point exactly, namely many might have opinions they wish to put forward, but are disinclined to do so by the confrontational nature of some ( whilst they call others confrontational at the same time.) I know it isn't trendy to get back to the point, but hey, why not, it  might just be the tired old guard who struggle with that and new blood might be the answer.

2 minutes ago, froggie said:

Not only do the ' I post a lot, so I'm right' brigade miss the point, but try to ensure that anything descends into a farce, but claim it's everyone else's fault but their own. It is perfectly acceptable in most places to say I prefer one thing over another and think the alternative view is flawed, but here, no, 'wisdom' is judged by how many times someone has something to say, regardless of whether it has any merit whatsoever.  I am certain MANY feel the self appointment lieutenants of these forums flex their virtual muscle more than they should, but I can understand why, given the pitiful responses, why they feel disinclined to do so.  Many think the artificial panacea is a fallacy, but, on seeing this, would reasonably judge it to be pointless to argue with the megaposting mafia.

The contributors to this forum are not representative of fans of junior football, in my opinion, as they tend to be interesting, decent and articulate folk. It would be a delight to see a better cross section of contributors than is currently the case, but in order to expand on that, I'd have to categorise some in a way that they would take offence at, so no point.

If I don't watch artificial football unless there is no alternative, then that is consistent with my view that it is inferior. That's an opinion, not a fact, but so is any love in from 'offended of Blackburn', whose views are possibly more about club loyalty than anything else.

The problem with demonising those challenging the clique and cosy club is that when you do, it proves the point exactly, namely many might have opinions they wish to put forward, but are disinclined to do so by the confrontational nature of some ( whilst they call others confrontational at the same time.) I know it isn't trendy to get back to the point, but hey, why not, it  might just be the tired old guard who struggle with that and new blood might be the answer.

^^^^

Confirmation that you really are in urgent need of counselling from a medical professional,bud.

:(

6 minutes ago, froggie said:

Not only do the ' I post a lot, so I'm right' brigade miss the point, andtry to ensure that anything descends into a farce, but claim it's everyone else's fault but their own. It is perfectly acceptable in most places to say I prefer one thing over another and think the alternative view is flawed, but here, no, 'wisdom' is judged by how many times someone has something to say, regardless of whether it has any merit whatsoever.  I am certain MANY feel the self appointment lieutenants of these forums flex their virtual muscle more than they should, but I can understand why, given the pitiful responses, why they feel disinclined to do so.  Many think the artificial panacea is a fallacy, but, on seeing this, would reasonably judge it to be pointless to argue with the megaposting mafia.

hHkkh9S.gif

3 minutes ago, tommyboy said:

^^^^

Confirmation that you really are in urgent need of counselling from a medical professional,bud.

:(

Based on your expertise in what, exactly? Good to see you sticking to the topic, although heaven forbid I should accuse you of being a hypocrite. ( You'd probably say ' I'm not religious at all.')

22 minutes ago, froggie said:

Mrs Peacock,the lead piping in the Billiard room!!!

29 minutes ago, froggie said:

Based on your expertise in what, exactly? Good to see you sticking to the topic, although heaven forbid I should accuse you of being a hypocrite. ( You'd probably say ' I'm not religious at all.')

Yup,because only the frogster knows the true meaning of that word.

Isn't it time for the froggy express to depart for 'the match'?

Eta   I know that you don't really deal in reality,and that in your mind everyone is out of step bar you,but unless we can add masochism to your other 'attributes', you must be just a toad tad surprised and disappointed at the overwhelming LOL response to your latest ravings.

Or maybe not. :)

12 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

Please Mod Gods, put this thread oot it’s misery 

For the heinous crime of pointing out that, in my opinion, artificial football isn't and never will be anything but a get out of the house card when real grass football isn't available. For pointing out that serial posters have a bunker mentality and dissuade those looking in from outside from contributing. For suggesting that some have a misplaced view of their own influence and hypocrisy in worshipping something but crying foul when someone points out this is just a view , not fact. Maybe they will take your advice, maybe they won't, but I won't lose sleep over it, I have a carpet to visit.

Archived