Unhealthy Debate In The Juniors

froggie

I'd maybe visit a dictionary and look up the words "confrontational" and "blinkered"

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, froggie said:

For the heinous crime of pointing out that, in my opinion, artificial football isn't and never will be anything but a get out of the house card when real grass football isn't available. For pointing out that serial posters have a bunker mentality and dissuade those looking in from outside from contributing. For suggesting that some have a misplaced view of their own influence and hypocrisy in worshipping something but crying foul when someone points out this is just a view , not fact. Maybe they will take your advice, maybe they won't, but I won't lose sleep over it, I have a doctor to visit.

Now where's that salad dresssing?:unsure2:

Sadly, pseudo football calls, so the boyo wit, in full or half measure, will have to find its way to the 2000 pearls of incisive comment without my input. Stay in, keep warm and kick a ball across the carpet...Call it your mini Oriam moment

1 hour ago, froggie said:

For the heinous crime of pointing out that, in my opinion, artificial football isn't and never will be anything but a get out of the house card when real grass football isn't available. For pointing out that serial posters have a bunker mentality and dissuade those looking in from outside from contributing. For suggesting that some have a misplaced view of their own influence and hypocrisy in worshipping something but crying foul when someone points out this is just a view , not fact. Maybe they will take your advice, maybe they won't, but I won't lose sleep over it, I have a carpet to visit.

Once more, for the avoidance of doubt.

Everyone prefers grass, but sometimes, depending on various circumstances, it isn't a viable option.

You are free to express your preference by only watching games on grass.

1 hour ago, froggie said:

Sadly, pseudo football calls, so the boyo wit, in full or half measure, will have to find its way to the 2000 pearls of incisive comment without my input. Stay in, keep warm and kick a ball across the carpet...Call it your mini Oriam moment

Be sure to provide us with regular updates from the game,frogster.

:lol:

5 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Once more, for the avoidance of doubt.

Everyone prefers grass, but sometimes, depending on various circumstances, it isn't a viable option.

You are free to express your preference by only watching games on grass.

Only visits to non grass remind me of how much I prefer grass. If I didn't watch games on artificial surfaces, I wouldn't be able to back up my belief that football is better by far on grass. Grass wasn't an option for me today, so, all else having failed then and only then do I reluctantly play the least preferred option card. I'm not sure EVERYONE prefers grass, but for those who like their artificial, they can have a preference without it inconveniencing me and they have plenty of places to satisfy their preference already, 

Only visits to non grass remind me of how much I prefer grass. If I didn't watch games on artificial surfaces, I wouldn't be able to back up my belief that football is better by far on grass. Grass wasn't an option for me today, so, all else having failed then and only then do I reluctantly play the least preferred option card. I'm not sure EVERYONE prefers grass, but for those who like their artificial, they can have a preference without it inconveniencing me and they have plenty of places to satisfy their preference already, 

Any match report yet?

Why is it that any person who posts under the pseudonym of frog(gie) is absolutely  and totally barking mad.

I once had the misfortune to become involved in real life with someone who posted on a VERY popular sports forum under that name.

The posts were bad enough, the reality was even worse. I had a very lucky escape.

50 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

Any match report yet?

Wouldn't involve any unpleasantness, fodder for those eager to start a tiresome 'fight' or anything  for the two thousand and counting mafia to take offence at, therefore irrelevant to this environment, so no. Carpetball, so not football to my mind , but better than staying in.

Wouldn't involve any unpleasantness, fodder for those eager to start a tiresome 'fight' or anything  for the two thousand and counting mafia to take offence at, therefore irrelevant to this environment, so no. Carpetball, so not football to my mind , but better than staying in.

So you didn't bother to go then. Fair enough.

Archived