New away kit?

an86

Any word on when/what etc? Hopefully keep it simple with a white or yellow one. Home strip is up there with the best ever, hopefully something better than the last two monstrosities for the away one.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

You obviously hate Scotland that's the issue here.  Like all britnats.

I'd say it's a fair observation to be honest. Even when we were producing World class players our National team shat the bed only for it to be painted as "glorious failure"

Nowadays we can point to inadequate coaching and youth development to go along a mental weakness that plagues our game.

18 minutes ago, sjc said:

I'd say it's a fair observation to be honest. Even when we were producing World class players our National team shat the bed only for it to be painted as "glorious failure"

Nowadays we can point to inadequate coaching and youth development to go along a mental weakness that plagues our game.

There’s nothing incorrect about the observation, and I personally couldn’t give a f**k about his political views. It’s the way he revels in it that marks him down as a tragic, self-loathing Scot.

19 minutes ago, sjc said:

I'm talking about him in general.  Read his posts, nothing to do with football. 

As for football shat the bed is entirely subjective and makes presumptiins about what you believe Scotland should have done that may be incorrect or over optimistic.  Plus you're talking about literally three or four events ever.  It's a fallacy and quite frankly insulting to talk of mental weakness.  Didn't seem to affect Stephen hendry or Andy Murray.

1 minute ago, eez-eh said:

There’s nothing incorrect about the observation, and I personally couldn’t give a f**k about his political views. It’s the way he revels in it that marks him down as a tragic, self-loathing Scot.

True.  Though the observation itself is also questionable.  We're talking about a football team even if it was correct which I don't accept.  That's not an entire country.  

Looking at Scotland's history it couldn't be less true.  A nation of explorers pioneers and warriors going right back to the Romans shitting the bed when they got to Scotland after conquering half the world.

8 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

True.  Though the observation itself is also questionable.  We're talking about a football team even if it was correct which I don't accept.  That's not an entire country.  

Looking at Scotland's history it couldn't be less true.  A nation of explorers pioneers and warriors going right back to the Romans shitting the bed when they got to Scotland after conquering half the world.

I took his post to be referring solely to the football team, for which I would say it is a fairly accurate observation.

I would say that mentality largely stretches to the other home nations as well, though, given how regularly England shit themselves once they’re past qualification.

16 hours ago, eez-eh said:

I took his post to be referring solely to the football team, for which I would say it is a fairly accurate observation.

I would say that mentality largely stretches to the other home nations as well, though, given how regularly England shit themselves once they’re past qualification.

Well if it's a fairly accurate observation make your case.  Based on what.  Give me examples.

Again you're assuming any of the home nations have consistently under achieved. I don't think that's necessarily true.

3 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

So you don't have a case then.  Thought so.

Eh, no, it’s just quite tragic how desperate you are for a dispute on the matter, purely so you get a chance to remind us all that you know best because you play regularly in your local fives league.

A handy case in point is both the Georgia games - 8 years apart - where we twice shat the bed against weak opposition, right when it looked like we might actually qualify for the first time in yonks. Or chucking it with seconds to go at home to Poland. Or chucking it with 45 to go in Slovenia.

2 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Eh, no, it’s just quite tragic how desperate you are for a dispute on the matter, purely so you get a chance to remind us all that you know best because you play regularly in your local fives league.

A handy case in point is both the Georgia games - 8 years apart - where we twice shat the bed against weak opposition, right when it looked like we might actually qualify for the first time in yonks. Or chucking it with seconds to go at home to Poland. Or chucking it with 45 to go in Slovenia.

Shat the bed and chucking it are entirely subjective.  You saying that doesn't mean it's true.

Archived