Accies v ‘Well

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, happyaccie said:

The game is at the superseal stadium not firdump park.

Is that the full name of Hackies' midden? Bit of a mouthful.

ETA: this took me 5 minutes and it still looks better than the actual welcome sign on the dog kennel Hackies play in.

image.png.63789b4dc546f608c543dd56f4102496.png

Can I stick in my tuppence with Ciftci.

I don't think he has been that good, Started ok a few decent build up moves and a goal but he's not been good. Average at best I'd say. I dunno if anyone else would be better. (Bowman really shat it after the press went for him, Newell is made of chocolate, Petracompetitionwinner is worse than me and the youngsters seem pretty far away from the 1st team.) I'd say "does a job" is a great description for Ciftci right now.

Also what the f**k is #RivalsWeekend . Get that shite in the bin

1 minute ago, rambunctious said:

That’s what your playing surface is like just now, and every season since it was lain (or was it just flung down?)

I don't know who layed our playing surface, but I bow to your greater knowledge if you say it was Iain ya f****** fanny.

1 hour ago, happyaccie said:

That was what your playing surface was a few seasons ago.

Yeah. In other historical news, the Berlin Wall came down and 9/11 happened.

10 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

Can I stick in my tuppence with Ciftci.

I don't think he has been that good, Started ok a few decent build up moves and a goal but he's not been good. Average at best I'd say. I dunno if anyone else would be better. (Bowman really shat it after the press went for him, Newell is made of chocolate, Petracompetitionwinner is worse than me and the youngsters seem pretty far away from the 1st team.) I'd say "does a job" is a great description for Ciftci right now.

I think that's a pretty fair take tbh. I'm obviously a Cifcti fanboy but there's not a lot there I'd argue with.

It's also a solid argument as to why it's unlikely Celtic are going to be getting anyone offering cash for Ciftci in the summer as he goes into the last year of his contract IMO.

I'll not lie, when we signed him I thought he was our replacement for Moult and we were looking at Main to replace Bowman. Turns out it's been the other way round, Main's chipping in with Moults goals (the scrappy ones similar to Moult's first season) and Ciftci's a definite upgrade on Bowman in terms of touch and presence. Even his ability to draw fouls high up the park is a plus for me.

Rather than a player who finds it impossible to time a jump we've got someone in that role with a first touch and a bit of vision, though it's fair to say lacks Bowman's work rate. Equally it's clear that Ciftci's not been the player he was at United either.

Around the time he signed there were a few sceptical comments (again many from fans of other clubs). The idea was that Ciftci wouldn't fit in with our "direct" style of play, his attitude would be a problem.

As it turns out he's fitted our style surprisingly well and whilst you wouldn't single him out for praise he's been a clear upgrade on what we had ie: Bowman, Fisher, Newell et al. For all the reasons discussed yesterday I'd say he's been a low-key "success".

As you say, "does a job" fits where he is right now.

2 hours ago, capt_oats said:

I think that's a pretty fair take tbh. I'm obviously a Cifcti fanboy but there's not a lot there I'd argue with.

It's also a solid argument as to why it's unlikely Celtic are going to be getting anyone offering cash for Ciftci in the summer as he goes into the last year of his contract IMO.

I'll not lie, when we signed him I thought he was our replacement for Moult and we were looking at Main to replace Bowman. Turns out it's been the other way round, Main's chipping in with Moults goals (the scrappy ones similar to Moult's first season) and Ciftci's a definite upgrade on Bowman in terms of touch and presence. Even his ability to draw fouls high up the park is a plus for me.

Rather than a player who finds it impossible to time a jump we've got someone in that role with a first touch and a bit of vision, though it's fair to say lacks Bowman's work rate. Equally it's clear that Ciftci's not been the player he was at United either.

Around the time he signed there were a few sceptical comments (again many from fans of other clubs). The idea was that Ciftci wouldn't fit in with our "direct" style of play, his attitude would be a problem.

As it turns out he's fitted our style surprisingly well and whilst you wouldn't single him out for praise he's been a clear upgrade on what we had ie: Bowman, Fisher, Newell et al. For all the reasons discussed yesterday I'd say he's been a low-key "success".

As you say, "does a job" fits where he is right now.

Agreed with this.  Although I also think if Celtic decide to cut their losses and let him go for near to nothing Robinson will bite their hand of for him.  

30 minutes ago, Antiochas III said:

Agreed with this.  Although I also think if Celtic decide to cut their losses and let him go for near to nothing Robinson will bite their hand of for him.  

Aye, I mentioned before in our thread (I think) that IMO Celtic's best shot at seeing any sort of money for him is to play a long game. If they can settle his deal on a mutual termination then letting him go for a nominal amount with a substantial sell on % (similar to what we've done with Moult, Carson etc) would be in everyone's interest.

Still pretty much stand by that tbh.

He's only 26 and we've shown that we can develop players with a view to selling on. As it stands he'll be leaving Parkhead for nothing at the end of next season anyway.

We seem to be a good fit for him, the player seems happy and Robinson's already on record saying he'd love to get a proper pre-season with him so I think you're right in saying we'd bite their hand off for him. Hopefully the cup runs and the player trading we'd done this season might allow us to finance that (within reason).

Archived