Dumbarton v Queens

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Still chucking it here and not light drizzle!!
i know I’m a pesimmist bit can’t see it being on 
[/quote

Nobody wants postponements but what invariably happens is the home club takes a gamble and hopes that the Ref gives it the thumbs up at the last minute. Home supporters aren't bothered because they want to give the match every chance and if it is called off late they make the short trip home. Nobody really cares about the small band of away supporters.

This is not a criticism of Dumbarton - it is what every home club does time and time again .

Having just spent about 120 minutes of my life being soaked on a football pitch in Duntocher I would just like to confirm that it is very wet.

The pitch was just about playable though, and WDC aren't exactly known for having bowling green surfaces, so I'd like to think we'll be alright. I'd be absolutely gutted if it was off now.

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Long ball tactics will surely be deployed by ourselves in that case.

On-the-deck triangular passing movements from us, enabling our potent diamond formation, to thrust towards the QoS goalmouth.

:whistle

30 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Meh.

Scored a couple up at Peterhead in the cup but other than that I've been unimpressed. In his defence I'm not convinced he's fully fit.

Only scored one but the rest is very accurate. Meh is the best way to describe him.

6 minutes ago, squeezeboxson said:

Only scored one but the rest is very accurate. Meh is the best way to describe him.

Aye. I love the guy, but he's just not been 100% match sharp. He's just been half a second slow to react or make a decision - understandable after such a long time out to be fair. Hopefully he'll be back to sharpness in time for the playoffs.

36 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Meh.

Scored a couple up at Peterhead in the cup but other than that I've been unimpressed. In his defence I'm not convinced he's fully fit.

I think its very difficult for players to drop out of competitive football for the guts of a year after they hit 30 and ever get match sharpness back. We saw it with McFadden too. The touch was there, the vision was there but the legs weren't, no matter how hard he trained. He was physically fit, he just wasn't sharp. It will be equally diffiicult for Beanie.

I think its very difficult for players to drop out of competitive football for the guts of a year after they hit 30 and ever get match sharpness back. We saw it with McFadden too. The touch was there, the vision was there but the legs weren't, no matter how hard he trained. He was physically fit, he just wasn't sharp. It will be equally diffiicult for Beanie.

I agree. As good as it was to see him return I always had doubts over whether he could get himself up to speed in order to be a competitive player at this level.

I think a League 1 or 2 club would've been a better fit for him but we may see the best of him in the weeks to come. With our honking schedule I imagine most players will get game time.

Archived