Bonnyrigg Rose should they stay or should they go...

Unknown Fan

10 hours ago, Ardenvohr6 said:

Likewise, they have supporters who can run the club better than the committee. Where are their names when it comes to standing for the committee, or where are they when the committee asks for help?
(Some clubs get a good response, but others do not.)

I wouldn't go down that road about supporters not turning up when asked  too...you have obviously turned a blind eye to this years snow clearing and putting down the protective covering.to ensure the Scottish tie against Newtongrange went on...and there has been numerous other occasions close season and playing season when the call went out  and was responded too.

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, db11 said:

Including the vote on eos?

You claim to know which sponsors are paying and who are not? You are full of shit

You claim to know how many rose fans were a the game yesterday and who is able to vote in egm? More shit- 

You say you are working and cant make egm, but tell VanMagic you may have to turn up and he should "take care" then say you aren't ineligible to vote? More shit.

You criticise the committee, why not offer your obviously superior services as our new marketing officer.

It was the smallest number of  away Rose fans I have counted this season......the total 31....and that's not shit....You again have only half read or halfr emembered what I said to Van Magic..(THATS A DEAD GIVEAWAY)..Yes I am working and suggested it could be ..a firey meeting....and may be called to attend.........Voting..I don't have a season ticket and am too young to be a Life Member..would imagine they are only given out for exceptional service to the club..dont think there will be many of them around nowadays who have had them in the past.....Sure when we reach the EofS next season positive marketing will all fall into place ..the Principle Sponsors obvious company expertise in this field. will come into play.....no need for a layman like me......So its all going to happen on Wednesday night....hope some of the Tribal language.....scum etc is not flung about at the meeting as it has on the last 22 pages of this thread and the meeting becomes acrimoinious and we have a second visit from the boys and girls in blue.........The Kelly Lounge Bar will be closed I am sure..........for the duration....which will help greatly.......So its sign off time on this subject and will be somewhere at Preston field on Saturday......for ...what could be the League decider?

7 hours ago, BENJI BOY said:

It was the smallest number of  away Rose fans I have counted this season......the total 31....and that's not shit....You again have only half read or halfr emembered what I said to Van Magic..(THATS A DEAD GIVEAWAY)..Yes I am working and suggested it could be ..a firey meeting....and may be called to attend.........Voting..I don't have a season ticket and am too young to be a Life Member..would imagine they are only given out for exceptional service to the club..dont think there will be many of them around nowadays who have had them in the past.....Sure when we reach the EofS next season positive marketing will all fall into place ..the Principle Sponsors obvious company expertise in this field. will come into play.....no need for a layman like me......So its all going to happen on Wednesday night....hope some of the Tribal language.....scum etc is not flung about at the meeting as it has on the last 22 pages of this thread and the meeting becomes acrimoinious and we have a second visit from the boys and girls in blue.........The Kelly Lounge Bar will be closed I am sure..........for the duration....which will help greatly.......So its sign off time on this subject and will be somewhere at Preston field on Saturday......for ...what could be the League decider?

YET AGAIN. You haven’t either provided a positive case for the status quo within the juniors OR any worthwhile constructive criticism of a move to the pyramid.

You have focussed on certain events, misrepresented them disingenuously and completed failed to put forward your vision for the future. 

If you don’t do it ahead of wednesdays meeting it will be too late..........

I wouldn't go down that road about supporters not turning up when asked  too...you have obviously turned a blind eye to this years snow clearing and putting down the protective covering.to ensure the Scottish tie against Newtongrange went on...and there has been numerous other occasions close season and playing season when the call went out  and was responded too.

My remarks were general, not specific to Rose.

8 hours ago, BENJI BOY said:

Correct it is time to sign off on the subject after some of the nonsense that has been posted here. For me your agenda is from a bitter person, but be grateful we still have a successful popular football club when it could have been none(although the people of Bonnyrigg would not have allowed that to happen). 

Accept whatever the democratic vote brings on Wednesday and let US ALL move on together for the mutual benefit of the club and the Community.

I also will be at Prestonfield on Saturday (behind the goals) and look forward to your match report and inclusion of the number of Bonnyrigg fans that are at the game.

3 hours ago, bravehearts dad said:

Correct it is time to sign off on the subject after some of the nonsense that has been posted here. For me your agenda is from a bitter person, but be grateful we still have a successful popular football club when it could have been none(although the people of Bonnyrigg would not have allowed that to happen). 

Accept whatever the democratic vote brings on Wednesday and let US ALL move on together for the mutual benefit of the club and the Community.

I also will be at Prestonfield on Saturday (behind the goals) and look forward to your match report and inclusion of the number of Bonnyrigg fans that are at the game.

You are right we almost folded in 2008 and survived by a combination of hands to the pumps and pockets by many people  in Bonnyrigg..including this supposed bitter man but the club was rescued ..and I have never never  ever castigated the recovery teams efforts....but my main crib is we..the supporters  no longer have the opportunity to  have a casual conversation after a home game with the lads who prformed on the park that day because the club no longer is prepared to use the Social Club........This infantile dispute between two individuals has gone on long enough and they should be big enough to settle any differences they have and return to a harmonious ..and probably healthy financial  relationship again...The Social Club is the big winner every match day and we should be at least trying to mend the fences for our mutual benefit......Please don't come back to me with it was their fault initially so they should make the first move crap..and we don't stop any player from using it.... .The club is going to move on to bigger things lets fix this small carbuncle..Yes I will be at Prestonfield on Saturday   in the enclosure...but I don't do match reports....and only occasionly have a head count.....Yes any decision that is reached on Wedsnesday  bravehearts dad.. will have my full support..

5 minutes ago, BENJI BOY said:

You are right we almost folded in 2008 and survived by a combination of hands to the pumps and pockets by many people  in Bonnyrigg..including this supposed bitter man but the club was rescued ..and I have never never  ever castigated the recovery teams efforts....but my main crib is we..the supporters  no longer have the opportunity to  have a casual conversation after a home game with the lads who prformed on the park that day because the club no longer is prepared to use the Social Club........This infantile dispute between two individuals has gone on long enough and they should be big enough to settle any differences they have and return to a harmonious ..and probably healthy financial  relationship again...The Social Club is the big winner every match day and we should be at least trying to mend the fences for our mutual benefit......Please don't come back to me with it was their fault initially so they should make the first move crap..and we don't stop any player from using it.... .The club is going to move on to bigger things lets fix this small carbuncle..Yes I will be at Prestonfield on Saturday   in the enclosure...but I don't do match reports....and only occasionly have a head count.....Yes any decision that is reached on Wedsnesday  bravehearts dad.. will have my full support..

Couldn’t give a toss about the social club, it won’t survive because the people running it have no clue how to adapt to the changing landscape. It’s probably not viable in its current form.

actually, you could think about is as a metaphor.....

I'm sure others know more but isn't part of the current issue that the club need to provide hospitality after each match and the social club cannot (or at least could not) guarantee its availability to do so.

You certainly wont.....because I am not eligible to attend..but look forward to hearing/reading about the meetings conclusions on Thursday/Friday sure the local press will be full of it.......again if you dare to have an opinion that doesn't coincide with the tight establishment cadre running the club then you must be a bitter individual and have an axe to grind.  This shows how narrow minded the club has come......Good luck with your adventure..Pete77....B57..Boomtownhibby..VanMagic..Boomshakalaka..enjoyed the discourse,insults and at times your bit  of bigatory to myself and others.....Sure you will find others in your brave new world to heckle and insult along the way.
Any evidence of said bigotry and insults?

I'm sure others know more but isn't part of the current issue that the club need to provide hospitality after each match and the social club cannot (or at least could not) guarantee its availability to do so.

Exactly what were the committee meant to do on match days when the club wasn’t available due to a function being on and deemed more important than the name on the front door.....[emoji257][emoji85]

Clubs doing well as are the football team hats off to both

On 15/03/2018 at 17:09, Cyclizine said:

Why not? Junior teams play in the Scottish Cup, a senior competition.  The sooner this artificial distinction between senior/junior/amateur/welfare is done away with, the better!

Once the Pyramid settles down (in 3 years time ? )with additional East Junior clubs embedded, and a new WoSL established, it is possible/probable that the SFA will withdraw  participation in the Scottish Cup to all clubs that do not commit to the Pyramid (including those clubs who obtained a licence before the rules were changed). Hence another door will close for the juniors, to the detriment of their fans.

Rumours circulate that, of the East & West junior clubs who voted, a sizeable majority elected to join the pyramid. This may NOT be true, but it is an obvious assumption that by not publishing the results, the SJFA has something to hide.   A significant own goal !

9 hours ago, Gimme said:

The sad thing for me is that the present Committee have refurbished the main hall and the games room and have plans to do the same to the toilets and then the John White Lounge that we used...It has all our past players International and Scottish cup jerseys with a large display case of caps and other momentos /trophys from our past achievements and they are not being seen by the present day fans......on match days.....The point you make of guaranteeing availability is a good one.but surely this is not an unsurmountable problem with a bit of serious come and go or have I got it terribly wrong.. Gimme.

The sad thing for me is that the present Committee have refurbished the main hall and the games room and have plans to do the same to the toilets and then the John White Lounge that we used...It has all our past players International and Scottish cup jerseys with a large display case of caps and other momentos /trophys from our past achievements and they are not being seen by the present day fans......on match days.....The point you make of guaranteeing availability is a good one.but surely this is not an unsurmountable problem with a bit of serious come and go or have I got it terribly wrong.. Gimme.

Thought you'd said bye to this thread or was that just a memory lapse?

32 minutes ago, bravehearts dad said:

Is it worthwhile turning up? Looks like the decision is a fore gone conclusion.

Nothing has been decided or discussed, I think it’s genuinely down to what people feel tomorrow night. I think there are still reservations not least about the quality of the east of sco5land as it stands, but, neither can the juniors continue to exist in this vaccuum.

Archived